- The report contains detailed information about Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. engages in the discovery, development, and delivery of DNA vaccines with a focus on cancers and infectious diseases.
The companys SynCon technology enables the design of DNA-based vaccines capable of providing cross-protection against evolving, unmatched strains of pathogens, such as influenza. Its proprietary electroporation DNA delivery technology uses controlled electrical pulses to enhance cellular DNA vaccine uptake.
The companys clinical programs include trials for human papillomavirus (HPV)/cervical cancer (therapeutic), avian influenza (preventative), hepatitis C virus (HCV), and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) vaccines. It is advancing preclinical research for a universal seasonal/pandemic influenza vaccine.
Products and Product Development
Infectious Diseases: DNA Vaccines
Therapeutic Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) Vaccine: The company has an agreement with Sweden-based Tripep to co-develop a therapeutic vaccine for HCV using electroporation. The vaccine is based on Tripep's proprietary HCV antigen construct and delivered to infected individuals using its MedPulser DNA Delivery System.
In 2009, the company announced the completion of the Phase I clinical study with Tripep of ChronVac-C hepatitis C virus DNA vaccine delivered using its electroporation technology.
Preventative and Therapeutic HIV Vaccines
The companys HIV vaccines consist of candidates for HIV prevention, as well as therapy or treatment. Its PENNVAX-B vaccine (without electroporation delivery) Phase I trial (HVTN-070) was completed in 2009.
Avian Influenza (H5N1) VaccineVGX-3400
In March 2010, the company announced that VGX received approval in Korea to begin a Phase I clinical trial in healthy volunteers for its SynCon preventive DNA vaccine (VGX-3400) targeting H5N1 avian influenza. It is co-developing VGX-3400 with Korea-based VGX Int'l. The 30-subject 2-dose Phase I study would be conducted in multiple clinical research sites in Korea.
Universal Influenza (Pandemic/Season Flu) VaccineVGX-3500
By using SynCon-based consensus sequences, the company developed potent and cross-protective DNA vaccines against multiple influenza strains. The company is evaluating the development of two additional DNA vaccines for influenza, including VGX-3500, which would protect against the pandemic flu (H1N1 and H5N1) and a universal influenza vaccine, to protect against these two sub-types as well as other sub-types. The universal flu vaccine, which consists of plasmids encoding H1HA, H2HA, H3HA, H5HA, NA, and NP, is being evaluated in animal models.
Therapeutic Cervical Cancer VaccineVGX-3100
The company is conducting a Phase I study of its therapeutic cervical cancer vaccine (VGX-3100). VGX-3100 is a DNA vaccine targeting the E6 and E7 proteins of HPV types 16 and 18 and is delivered via in vivo electroporation. In February 2010, it presented additional interim safety and immunogenicity data from the trial.
VGX Animal Health, Inc. (VGX AH), a majority-owned subsidiary, has licensed LifeTide, a plasmid-based growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH) technology for swine. LifeTide is a DNA-based treatment approved for use in animals and is the DNA-based agent delivered using electroporation that has been granted marketing approval (Australia).
Additional Applications of Inovio's DNA Delivery Technology
In addition to using its technology for human drug and vaccine delivery, it can be used for research to validate new drug targets, to generate monoclonal antibodies, deliver siRNA and other molecules.
Collaborations and Licensing Agreements
The companys partners and collaborators include National Microbiology Laboratory of the Public Health Agency of Canada, NIAID (NIH), Tripep, University of Southampton, and HIV Vaccines Trial Network (HVTN).
In March 2010, the company entered into a collaboration and license agreement with VGX Int'l. Under the Agreement, it granted VGX Int'l a license to Inovio's SynCon universal influenza vaccine delivered with electroporation to be developed in certain countries in Asia. As of December 31, 2009, the company owned 19.65% of VGX Int'l.
In January 2010, the company announced that it expanded its existing license agreement with the University of Pennsylvania, adding worldwide licenses for technology and intellectual property for DNA vaccines against pandemic influenza, Chikungunya, and foot-and-mouth disease.
In 2009, the company announced an agreement with the PATH Malaria Vaccine Initiative to evaluate in a preclinical feasibility study its SynCon DNA vaccine development platform.
The company has a licensing arrangement with Merck for the development of Merck's DNA cancer and infectious disease vaccines.
The company was founded in 1983. It was formerly known as Inovio Biomedical Corporation and changed its name to Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. on May 14, 2010.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INOVIO PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?