- The report contains detailed information about Inhibitex Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Inhibitex Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Inhibitex Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Inhibitex Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Inhibitex Inc. business.
About Inhibitex Inc.
Inhibitex, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development of differentiated anti-infective products to prevent and treat serious infections. The company focuses on the development of small molecule antiviral compounds, and in particular, orally-available therapies to treat herpes zoster (shingles) and chronic infections caused by hepatitis C virus (HCV).
FV-100 for Shingles
FV-100 is an orally available nucleoside analogue prodrug of CF-1743 that the company is developing for the treatment of herpes zoster, or shingles, which is an infection caused by the reactivation of varicella zoster virus (VZV). In May 2009, the company initiated a controlled, double-blind study Phase II clinical trial comparing two doses of FV-100 to an active control (valacyclovir).
HCV Nucleoside Polymerase Inhibitors
The companys collaborators at Cardiff University in Wales, the United Kingdom (Cardiff) have developed the aryloxy-phosphoramidate ProTide approach, which allows the delivery of the monophosphorylated nucleoside analogue (nucleotide) into the cell, bypassing the first phosphorylation step. Through its ongoing research and collaboration with Cardiff, the company has synthesized an array of ProTide derivatives of 2-C- methyl guanosine nucleotide analogues that target the RNA-dependent RNA polymerase (NS5b) of HCV. In 2009 the company selected INX-189 as its primary compound for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C infection and initiated investigational new drug application (IND)-enabling studies. The company intends to initiate a Phase I clinical trial of INX-189.
In addition to its antiviral programs, the company has also licensed the rights to certain intellectual property from its MSCRAMM protein platform to Pfizer, Inc. for the development of active vaccines to prevent staphylococcal infections. Pfizer is responsible for clinical development, manufacturing, and marketing of the vaccine. In January 2010, the company announced that Pfizer had initiated recruitment for a randomized, double-blind Phase I clinical trial to evaluate the safety, tolerability, and immunogenicity of 3 ascending dose levels of a 3-antigen S. aureus vaccine (SA3Ag) in 408 healthy adults.
Aurexis is a humanized monoclonal antibody the company has evaluated as a first-line therapy, in combination with antibiotics, for the treatment of serious, life-threatening S. aureus bloodstream infections in hospitalized patients. Aurexis targets clumping factor A, (ClfA) a protein found on the surface of various strains of S. aureus, including methicillin-resistant S. aureus (MRSA). The company has completed an exploratory 60 patient Phase II trial of Aurexis in patients with confirmed S. aureus bloodstream infections.
Inhibitex, Inc. was founded in 1994.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. INHIBITEX INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. INHIBITEX INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. INHIBITEX INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. INHIBITEX INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. INHIBITEX INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Inhibitex Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Inhibitex Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Inhibitex Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Inhibitex Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Inhibitex Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. INHIBITEX INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. INHIBITEX INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. INHIBITEX INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. INHIBITEX INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. INHIBITEX INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. INHIBITEX INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Inhibitex Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Inhibitex Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Inhibitex Inc. Major Shareholders
Inhibitex Inc. History
Inhibitex Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Inhibitex Inc. Offices and Representations
Inhibitex Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Inhibitex Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Inhibitex Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Inhibitex Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Inhibitex Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Inhibitex Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Inhibitex Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Inhibitex Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Inhibitex Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Inhibitex Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Inhibitex Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Inhibitex Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?