- The report contains detailed information about ICON plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ICON plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ICON plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ICON plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ICON plc business.
About ICON plc
ICON public limited company, a contract research organization (CRO), provides outsourced development services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries primarily in the United States and Europe.
The company specializes in the strategic development, management, and analysis of programs that support clinical development - from compound selection to Phase I-IV clinical studies. As of December 31, 2009, the company operated in 68 locations in 38 countries, providing Phase I - IV clinical trial management, drug development support services, data management and biostatistical, central laboratory, imaging, and contract staffing services.
The companys core clinical research business specializes in the planning, management, execution and analysis of Phase I IV clinical trials, ranging from small studies to complex, multinational projects. Specific clinical research services offered include investigator recruitment; study monitoring and data collection; case report form (CRF) preparation; patient safety monitoring; clinical data management; IVR (interactive voice response); electronic patient reported outcomes; medical reporting; patient registries; outcomes research; health economics; strategic analysis and data operations; clinical pharmacology; bioanalysis; immunoassay development; pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic analysis; study protocol preparation; regulatory consulting; product development planning; strategic consulting; medical imaging; contract staffing; and electronic endpoint adjudication.
ICON Central Laboratories provides global central laboratory services to clinical trials. Specific services offered by ICON Central Laboratories include sample analyses, safety testing, microbiology, custom flow cytometry, electronic transmission of test results, and biomarker development.
In July 2009, the company acquired 100% of the common stock of Veeda Laboratories Limited, a specialist provider of biomarker laboratory services to the global pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, located in Oxford, United Kingdom.
In April 2009, the company acquired the assets of the former Qualia Clinical Services, Inc., a 33,000 square foot Phase 1 facility, located in Omaha, Nebraska.
The company primarily competes against in-house departments of pharmaceutical companies and other CROs, including Covance Inc.; i3 Research (United Health Group Incorporated); Kendle International Inc.; Omnicare Inc.; PAREXEL International Corporation; Pharmaceutical Product Development Inc.; PharmaNet Development Group Inc.; PRA International Inc.; and Quintiles Transnational Corporation.
ICON public limited company was founded in 1990.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ICON PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ICON PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ICON PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ICON PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ICON PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ICON plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ICON plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ICON plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ICON plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ICON plc Industry Position Analysis
6. ICON PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ICON PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ICON PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. IRELAND PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ICON PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ICON PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ICON PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
ICON plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ICON plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ICON plc Major Shareholders
ICON plc History
ICON plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ICON plc Offices and Representations
ICON plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ICON plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ICON plc Capital Market Snapshot
ICON plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
ICON plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ICON plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
ICON plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ICON plc 1-year Stock Charts
ICON plc 5-year Stock Charts
ICON plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ICON plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ICON plc Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?