- The report contains detailed information about Helix Biomedix Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Helix Biomedix Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Helix Biomedix Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Helix Biomedix Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Helix Biomedix Inc. business.
About Helix Biomedix Inc.
Helix BioMedix, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in developing and commercializing bioactive peptides and patents covering various peptide sequences. The company has a proprietary library containing an array of natural and synthetic bioactive peptides.
The company has developed short, small-chain peptides with anti-infective and anti-inflammatory properties, such as the stimulation of cell proliferation and migration. It has developed various peptides with sequences in the following two areas of application:
Consumer Skin Care Products: The company has developed a range of peptides, which improves different aspects of the skins appearance, texture, tone, and barrier function and are marketing these peptides as ingredients for cosmetic use.
Prescription (Rx) Products: The companys peptides have applications in the areas of infection control, wound healing, and immune modulation and are being developed for Rx applications.
Consumer Skin Care Products
Anti-Acne: The companys peptide may be formulated into products with certain over-the-counter anti-acne ingredients for improvement in blemish-clearing offerings.
Anti-Aging: The company has identified and qualified various peptides that target changes in the appearance of skin associated with the aging process. Peptides that target improvement in the appearance of aging skin would affect one or more of the age-related skin characteristics: lines and wrinkles, loss of elasticity, loss of firmness and definition, appearance of darkened areas or general unevenness of skin tone, rough texture, and thinning of the skin. The companys main anti-aging peptide targets various aspects of support for the skins structural matrix. It has entered into a license agreement with Goldschmidt GmbH, a wholly owned subsidiary of Evonik GmbH, a supplier of cosmetic ingredients. The agreement provides rights to certain of its peptides targeted towards skin care and personal care applications. The peptide opportunities for its anti-aging portfolio include a group of synthetic peptides that are branded as Modukines.
Branded Products: The company launched its proprietary skin care products under the Striking brand. The product line, formulated to address perimenopausal and menopausal challenged skin, introduced the Helix BioMedix SmartPeptide Heptapeptide-7 technology that helps nourish keratinocytes to support skin renewal. Targeted at the health and beauty consumer market, the Striking Skin Care line features a ritual of daily essentials including Multi-Vitamin Creme Cleanser, Multi-Peptide Serum, Rejuvenating Eye Crème, and Restorative Moisture Creme. The products are distributed through its e-commerce Web site at www.strikingskincare.com, as well as through spas and select catalogue and Internet retailers.
The company is developing a topical anti-infective for the treatment of skin and wound infections and the prevention of Staphylococcus aureus (S. aureus) infections, including those caused by Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). These programs are based upon a family of molecules known as lipohexapeptides (or small molecule peptides) that it developed to specifically combine the attributes of small molecule natural products with the antimicrobial peptides. This new class of anti-infective peptides has demonstrated improvement in activity, both in vitro and in vivo, over traditional antimicrobial peptides. In pre-clinical testing, the companys molecules exhibited antimicrobial activity against bacterial pathogens, such as S. aureus, Streptococcus pyogenes, and Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and also pathogenic fungi, such as Candida and Trichophyton species. The companys Rx product development efforts are currently focused on the following:
Acne Anti-Infective: The companys lipohexapeptide program is directed at developing small, stable, and potent antimicrobial peptides, which deliver therapeutic benefit within the clinical environment. These molecules overcome the challenges typically associated with acne, such as the ability to work in an oil and serum environment and the ability to kill organisms deep within a pore. Its lipohexapeptide offers benefits in anti-inflammatory activity in addition to antimicrobial activities.
Topical Fungal Infections: Trichophyton species are the cause of various fungal skin infections, including athletes foot, tinea capitis (scalp ringworm), and onychomycosis (nail fungus). The companys molecules treat Trichophyton infections and multiple dermatological indications.
Helix BioMedix, Inc. was founded in 1988.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HELIX BIOMEDIX INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HELIX BIOMEDIX INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HELIX BIOMEDIX INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HELIX BIOMEDIX INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HELIX BIOMEDIX INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Helix Biomedix Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Helix Biomedix Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Helix Biomedix Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Helix Biomedix Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Helix Biomedix Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. HELIX BIOMEDIX INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HELIX BIOMEDIX INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HELIX BIOMEDIX INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HELIX BIOMEDIX INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HELIX BIOMEDIX INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HELIX BIOMEDIX INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Helix Biomedix Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Helix Biomedix Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Helix Biomedix Inc. Major Shareholders
Helix Biomedix Inc. History
Helix Biomedix Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Helix Biomedix Inc. Offices and Representations
Helix Biomedix Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Helix Biomedix Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Helix Biomedix Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Helix Biomedix Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Helix Biomedix Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Helix Biomedix Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Helix Biomedix Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Helix Biomedix Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Helix Biomedix Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Helix Biomedix Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Helix Biomedix Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Helix Biomedix Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?