- The report contains detailed information about Helicos BioSciences Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Helicos BioSciences Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Helicos BioSciences Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Helicos BioSciences Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Helicos BioSciences Corporation business.
About Helicos BioSciences Corporation
Helicos BioSciences Corporation, a development stage life sciences company, focuses on genetic analysis technologies for the research, drug discovery, and clinical diagnostics markets. The companys proprietary true single molecule sequencing (tSMS) technology enables analysis of genetic material by directly sequencing single molecules of DNA or single DNA copies of RNA (cDNA).
THE HELICOS GENETIC ANALYSIS PLATFORM
The companys Helicos Genetic Analysis Platform is designed to obtain sequencing information by repetitively performing a cycle of biochemical reactions on individual DNA or RNA molecules and imaging the results after each cycle. The platform consists of an instrument called the HeliScope Single Molecule Sequencer, an image analysis computer tower called the HeliScope Analysis Engine, associated reagents, which are chemicals used in the sequencing process, and disposable supplies.
Helicos Genetic Analysis System
The Helicos Genetic Analysis System is the instrument component of the Helicos Genetic Analysis Platform, which consists of three major components, including The HeliScope Single Molecule Sequencer; HeliScope Analysis Engine; and HeliScope Sample Loader. The company's Helicos genetic analysis system is used for various applications in the areas of studying the human genome, disease association studies, molecular diagnostics, cancer research, pharmaceutical research and development, infectious diseases, autoimmune conditions, and agricultural research.
The HeliScope Single Molecule Sequencer, which performs the tSMS chemistry and directly analyzes images of single molecules, producing accurate sequences of billions of templates at a time. The HeliScope Sequencer consists of a high-speed mechanical stage and a laser illumination subsystem, an image acquisition subsystem, a fluid handling subsystem and computer subsystems that control and analyze the sequencing reactions. To operate the instrument, a user loads a prepared sample of DNA, complementary DNA (cDNA) or RNA onto its flow cell using the HeliScope Sample Loader, places the flow cell on the mechanical stage and inserts its consumable reagent pack into the fluid handling system.
HeliScope Analysis Engine provides computing power for near real-time image analysis and on-board data storage. The on-board data storage is appropriately sized to support two complete runs, enabling flexibility of operation and maximizing uptime. The Analysis Engine operates downstream from the HeliScope Sequencer in the data pipeline. It consists of the System Server, Object Finders, and an uninterruptible power supply (UPS). Components are mounted in a single enclosure for locating convenience and installation ease. Data communication between the HeliScope Sequencer and Analysis Engine is accomplished across Gigabit Ethernet (GigE) lines, allowing for considerable physical distance between components.
HeliScope Sample Loader facilitates and speeds the loading of samples into the Helicos flow cells. It provides 25 discreet loading ports to ensure proper separation of samples and ease of loading.
Helicos True Single Molecule Sequencing (tSMS) Reagent Kits
The company's reagent kits for sequencing which consist of proprietary formulations of a DNA polymerase enzyme, its proprietary fluorescently tagged bases, its proprietary imaging reagent, a proprietary formulation of a cleavage reagent, and its proprietary application specific flow cells that have a proprietary surface coating with the chemical and optical properties needed for single molecule sequencing.
The biochemical sequencing reactions that occur in the HeliScope Sequencer involve the use of a proprietary formulation of a DNA polymerase enzyme, proprietary fluorescently tagged bases and proprietary imaging reagents. The company has developed proprietary nucleotide triphosphates, called Virtual Terminator Nucleotides that allow it to add only one base at a time to each DNA strand. The companys proprietary imaging reagents improve the stability of its fluorescent tags and increase their brightness. Its cleavage reagents are used to remove the fluorescent tags from the Virtual Terminators nucleotides.
The HeliScope Single Molecule Sequencer is designed to perform sequencing reactions inside one or two glass flow cells. When two flow cells are used, the system alternates between the flow cells, performing sequencing reactions in one flow cell while recording images from the other. Each flow cell has an active area of approximately 16 square centimeters and contains 25 separate channels. The companys flow cells are designed to allow researchers to sequence separate samples in each channel, which would enable the simultaneous sequencing of at least 50 different DNA, cDNA or RNA samples. The initial version of its flow cell is designed to permit binding of DNA strands at an average density of approximately 100 million strands of DNA per square centimeter, equaling an average of approximately 2.8 billion strands of DNA for both flow cells. The company also offers a series of new reagent kits and run configurations that allow customers to choose the use of 1 or 2 flow cells and between 1 and 50 channels, adjust the number of strands of DNA imaged, and select run times between 2.5 and 8 days.
Helicos BioSciences Corporation was founded in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. HELICOS BIOSCIENCES CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. HELICOS BIOSCIENCES CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. HELICOS BIOSCIENCES CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. HELICOS BIOSCIENCES CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. HELICOS BIOSCIENCES CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Helicos BioSciences Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Helicos BioSciences Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Helicos BioSciences Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Helicos BioSciences Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Helicos BioSciences Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. HELICOS BIOSCIENCES CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. HELICOS BIOSCIENCES CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. HELICOS BIOSCIENCES CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. HELICOS BIOSCIENCES CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. HELICOS BIOSCIENCES CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. HELICOS BIOSCIENCES CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Helicos BioSciences Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Helicos BioSciences Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Helicos BioSciences Corporation Major Shareholders
Helicos BioSciences Corporation History
Helicos BioSciences Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Helicos BioSciences Corporation Offices and Representations
Helicos BioSciences Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Helicos BioSciences Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Helicos BioSciences Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Helicos BioSciences Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Helicos BioSciences Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Helicos BioSciences Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Helicos BioSciences Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Helicos BioSciences Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Helicos BioSciences Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Helicos BioSciences Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Helicos BioSciences Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Helicos BioSciences Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?