- The report contains detailed information about GlaxoSmithKline plc that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for GlaxoSmithKline plc. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The GlaxoSmithKline plc financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes GlaxoSmithKline plc competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of GlaxoSmithKline plc business.
About GlaxoSmithKline plc
GlaxoSmithKline plc, a global healthcare group, engages in the creation and discovery, development, manufacture, and marketing of pharmaceutical products, including vaccines, over-the-counter (OTC) medicines, and health-related consumer products.
The company's principal pharmaceutical products include medicines in the following therapeutic areas: respiratory, anti-virals, central nervous system, cardiovascular and urogenital, metabolic, anti-bacterials, oncology and emesis, dermatalogicals, and vaccines.
Respiratory: The companys products include Seretide/Advair, Flixotide/Flovent, and Serevent, which are used for the treatment of asthma/cardiovascular disease, pain, and depression (COPD); and Veramyst, which is used for the treatment of rhinitis.
Anti-Virals: The companys products include Epzicom/Kivexa, Combivir, Trizivir, Agenerase, Lexiva, Epivir, and Ziagen, which are used for the treatment of HIV/AIDS; Valtrex, which is used for the treatment of genital herpes, coldsores, and shingles; Zeffix, which is used for the treatment of chronic hepatitis B; and Relenza, which is used for the treatment of influenza.
Central Nervous System: The companys product include Lamictal, which is used for the treatment of epilepsy, bipolar disorder; Imigran/Imitrex, which is used for the treatment of migraine; Seroxat/Paxil, which is used for the treatment of depression and various anxiety disorders; Requip, which is used for treatment of Parkinsons disease and restless legs syndrome; and Treximet, which is used for the treatment of migraine.
Cardiovascular and Urogenital: The companys products include Avodart, which is used for the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia; Lovaza, which is used for the treatment of very high triglycerides; Coreg CR, which is used for the treatment of mild-to-severe heart failure, hypertension, and left ventricular dysfunction post MI; Fraxiparine, which is used for the treatment of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism; Arixtra, which is used for the treatment of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism; and Vesicare, which is used for the treatment of overactive bladder.
Metabolic: The companys products, Avandia and Avandamet, are used for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
Anti-Bacterials: The companys products include Augmentin, which is used for the treatment of common infections; and Altabax, which is used for the treatment of skin infections.
Oncology and Emesis: The companys products include Arzerra, which is used for the treatment of refractory chronic lymphocytic leukaemia; Hycamtin, which is used for the treatment of ovarian cancer, small cell lung cancer, and cervical cancer; Promacta/Revolade, which is used for the treatment of idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura; Tykerb/Tyverb, which is used for the treatment of advanced and metastatic breast cancer in HER2 positive patients; and Votrient, which is used for the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinoma.
Vaccines: The company's products include Infanrix/Pediarix, which is used for the treatment of diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, and hepatitis B (HepB); Fluarix and FluLaval, which are used for the treatment of seasonal influenza; Cervarix, which is used for the treatment of human papilloma type 16 & 18; and Rotarix is used for the treatment of rotavirus gastroenteritis.
The company's competitors include Abbott Laboratories; Amgen; AstraZeneca; Bristol-Myers Squibb; Eli Lilly; Johnson & Johnson; Merck; Novartis; Pfizer; Roche Holdings; and Sanofi-Aventis.
CONSUMER HEALTHCARE PRODUCTS
The companys portfolio comprises three main categories: Over-the-counter (OTC) medicines, Oral healthcare, and Nutritional healthcare.
OTC Medicines: The company's OTC medicines include Panadol, the global paracetamol/acetaminophen analgesic; smoking control products, such as NicoDerm, NiQuitin CQ, Nicabate and in the U.S.A, Nicorette; and other brands include Breathe Right nasal strips, Tums, Citrucel, Contac, and FiberChoice.
Oral Healthcare: The company's oral healthcare products include Aquafresh, a range of toothpastes, toothbrushes and mouthwashe
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. GlaxoSmithKline plc Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of GlaxoSmithKline plc and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of GlaxoSmithKline plc and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. GlaxoSmithKline plc Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. GlaxoSmithKline plc Industry Position Analysis
6. GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UK PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
GlaxoSmithKline plc Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
GlaxoSmithKline plc Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
GlaxoSmithKline plc Major Shareholders
GlaxoSmithKline plc History
GlaxoSmithKline plc Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
GlaxoSmithKline plc Offices and Representations
GlaxoSmithKline plc SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
GlaxoSmithKline plc Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
GlaxoSmithKline plc Capital Market Snapshot
GlaxoSmithKline plc Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
GlaxoSmithKline plc Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
GlaxoSmithKline plc Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
GlaxoSmithKline plc Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
GlaxoSmithKline plc 1-year Stock Charts
GlaxoSmithKline plc 5-year Stock Charts
GlaxoSmithKline plc vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
GlaxoSmithKline plc vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
GlaxoSmithKline plc Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?