- The report contains detailed information about Geron Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Geron Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Geron Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Geron Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Geron Corporation business.
About Geron Corporation
Geron Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company, develops therapeutic products for the treatment of cancer and chronic degenerative diseases, including spinal cord injury, heart failure, and diabetes. The company is advancing an anti-cancer drug and a cancer vaccine that target the enzyme telomerase through multiple clinical trials in different cancers.
Telomerase Inhibition (Imetelstat Sodium - GRN163L): The company has designed and synthesized a special class of short-chain nucleic acid molecules, known as oligonucleotides, which target the template region, or active site, of telomerase. It focuses on oligonucleotides, called imetelstat sodium (originally known as GRN163L). It demonstrated that they have potent telomerase inhibitory activity at very low concentrations in biochemical assays, various cellular systems and animal studies.
Imetelstat sodium (imetelstat) is a 13-mer oligonucleotide N3-- P5 thiophosphoramidate (NPS oligonucleotide) that is covalently attached to a C16 (palmitoyl) lipid moiety, which increases potency and improves its pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic properties. Imetelstat binds directly with high affinity to the template region of the RNA component of human telomerase (hTR), which lies in the active or catalytic site of hTERT, the telomerase reverse transcriptase.
Telomerase Therapeutic Vaccine (GRNVAC1): GRNVAC1 is an autologous product consisting of mature dendritic cells pulsed with RNA for the protein component of human telomerase (hTERT) and a portion of a lysosomal targeting signal (LAMP). GRNVAC1 is injected into the patients skin; from there the dendritic cells travel to the lymph nodes and instruct cytotoxic T-cells to kill tumor cells that express telomerase on their surface.
The company owns rights to commercialize the ex vivo dendritic cell processing technology used in the Duke clinical trials for telomerase and other defined tumor-specific antigens. It owns the rights to the telomerase antigen and its use in therapeutic vaccines.
The company licensed rights from Immunomic Therapeutics, Inc. to the LAMP antigen targeting sequence for use in cancer vaccines. The LAMP sequence causes an antigen to which it is attached to be taken up by the lysosomal subcellular compartment of the cell.
The company has a research, development and commercialization license agreement with Merck & Co., Inc. for cancer vaccines targeting telomerase by methods other than dendritic cell delivery. Merck initiated a Phase I clinical trial of V934/V935, a non-dendritic cell-based cancer vaccine candidate targeting telomerase.
Cancer Diagnostics: The company has developed proprietary assays for the detection of telomerase which are based on its activity or the presence of its RNA or protein components. It owns issued patents for the detection of telomerase activity and the components of telomerase, including patents for the TRAP assay and diagnostic methods based on telomerase detection. Its licensees have commercialized 11 research-use kits that incorporate its technology.
The company is researching drug candidates to treat various degenerative diseases by the controlled activation of telomerase. Its approach to the therapeutic use of telomerase activation has included both small molecule drug discovery and biological methods of restoring telomerase. It has applied proprietary gene transfer technologies, gene expression systems and small molecule screening technology to discover therapeutic agents to target, postpone, and modulate the destructive genetic changes that occur in senescent cells.
The companys majority-owned subsidiary based in Hong Kong, TA Therapeutics, Ltd. (TAT) was established to commercially develop products that utilize telomerase activator drugs to restore the regenerative and functional capacity of cells in various organ systems that have been impacted by senescence, injury or chronic disease. It owns 75% of TAT and Biotechnology Research Corporation (BRC) owns 25%.
Human Embryonic Stem Cell Therapies
The two properties of hESCs, their immortality and pluripotency, enable the development of a potential new mode of
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GERON CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GERON CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GERON CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GERON CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GERON CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Geron Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Geron Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Geron Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Geron Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Geron Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. GERON CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GERON CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GERON CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GERON CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GERON CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GERON CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Geron Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Geron Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Geron Corporation Major Shareholders
Geron Corporation History
Geron Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Geron Corporation Offices and Representations
Geron Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Geron Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Geron Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Geron Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Geron Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Geron Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Geron Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Geron Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Geron Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Geron Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Geron Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Geron Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?