- The report contains detailed information about Gentium S.p.A that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Gentium S.p.A. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Gentium S.p.A financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Gentium S.p.A competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Gentium S.p.A business.
About Gentium S.p.A
Gentium S.p.A., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and manufacture of defibrotide, an investigational drug based on single-stranded DNA extracted from pig intestines.
Defibrotide is under development for the treatment and prevention of veno-occlusive disease (VOD), a consequence of cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy or radiation treatments. The company is authorized to distribute defibrotide on a pre-approved basis under a treatment IND protocol in the U.S. and through a named-patient program worldwide.
Defibrotide to treat VOD: The company develops and manufactures defibrotide, DNA based drug derived from pig intestines, to treat and prevent hepatic VOD, a condition in which some of the veins in the liver are blocked as a result of cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy prior to stem cell transplantation. The company completed two clinical trials, a Phase III trial of defibrotide for the treatment of severe VOD in the U.S., Canada and Israel and a Phase II/III pediatric trial in Europe for the prevention of VOD.
Sulglicotide: Sulglicotide is developed from swine duodenum and appears to have ulcer healing and gastrointestinal protective properties. The company sells sulglicotide primarily to Samil, a South Korean company, for use in manufacturing a product of Samils in South Korea, and to Crinos S.p.A. to be sold in the Italian market.
Urokinase: Urokinase is made from human urine and has the potential to dissolve fibrin clots and, as such, is used to treat various vascular disorders such as deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolisms. The company sells urokinase to a number of companies, including Crinos and UCB.
The company has supply agreements with La.bu.nat. S.r.l.
The company was formed in 1993. It was formerly known as Pharma Research S.r.L., and changed its name to Gentium S.p.A. in 2001.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GENTIUM S.P.A COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GENTIUM S.P.A BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GENTIUM S.P.A SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GENTIUM S.P.A FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GENTIUM S.P.A COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Gentium S.p.A Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Gentium S.p.A and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Gentium S.p.A and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Gentium S.p.A Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Gentium S.p.A Industry Position Analysis
6. GENTIUM S.P.A NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GENTIUM S.P.A EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GENTIUM S.P.A ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ITALY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GENTIUM S.P.A IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GENTIUM S.P.A PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GENTIUM S.P.A VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Gentium S.p.A Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Gentium S.p.A Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Gentium S.p.A Major Shareholders
Gentium S.p.A History
Gentium S.p.A Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Gentium S.p.A Offices and Representations
Gentium S.p.A SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Gentium S.p.A Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Gentium S.p.A Capital Market Snapshot
Gentium S.p.A Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Gentium S.p.A Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Gentium S.p.A Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Gentium S.p.A Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Gentium S.p.A 1-year Stock Charts
Gentium S.p.A 5-year Stock Charts
Gentium S.p.A vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Gentium S.p.A vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Gentium S.p.A Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?