- The report contains detailed information about Galapagos NV that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Galapagos NV. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Galapagos NV financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Galapagos NV competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Galapagos NV business.
About Galapagos NV
Galapagos NV operates as a biotechnology company that engages in the identification of disease modifying drug targets.
The company completed preclinical development of GLPG0259, its mechanism of action candidate drug for rheumatoid arthritis (RA). The company's product candidate GLPG0259 targets protein kinase MAPKAPK5, which represents a new approach for the treatment of RA. Galapagos discovered and validated the key role of this target in the RA disease process, using its proprietary target discovery technology. The candidate drug GLPG0259 inhibits MAPKAPK5, and demonstrates bone protection and reduced inflammation in a standard RA animal model. GLPG0259 is a compound in Galapagos internal RA program, which is part of an alliance with Janssen Pharmaceutica, a Johnson & Johnson company.
The company operates through two operating divisions: Drug Discovery and BioFocus DPI.
The Drug Discovery division has small molecule programs in bone and joint diseases, bone metastasis, cachexia, anti-infectives, and metabolic diseases. These programs are based on disease-modifying drug targets in disease areas for which there is a need for medicines. Through an alliance with MorphoSys, Galapagos' Drug Discovery division is also developing new antibody therapies in bone and joint diseases.
The BioFocus DPI service division delivers a suite of target-to-drug discovery products and services to pharmaceutical and biotech companies, encompassing target discovery and drug discovery services through to delivery of pre-clinical candidates.
On October 14, 2009, Galapagos NV announced that it has expanded its global strategic alliance in metabolic diseases with an affiliate of Merck & Co. Inc. to incorporate the development of new therapies for atherosclerosis. Galapagos would be responsible for the discovery and pre-clinical development of new small molecule candidate drugs based on Galapagos targets.
On January 11, 2010, Galapagos NV announced that it has entered into a global multi-year strategic alliance with Roche Holding AG to develop potential new therapies in COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). In the alliance, Galapagos would apply its target discovery platform to discover COPD targets. Galapagos is then responsible for the discovery and development of new small molecule candidate drugs against these targets.
Galapagos NV was founded in 1999.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. GALAPAGOS NV COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. GALAPAGOS NV BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. GALAPAGOS NV SWOT ANALYSIS
4. GALAPAGOS NV FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. GALAPAGOS NV COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Galapagos NV Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Galapagos NV and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Galapagos NV and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Galapagos NV Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Galapagos NV Industry Position Analysis
6. GALAPAGOS NV NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. GALAPAGOS NV EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. GALAPAGOS NV ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BELGIUM PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. GALAPAGOS NV IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. GALAPAGOS NV PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. GALAPAGOS NV VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Galapagos NV Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Galapagos NV Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Galapagos NV Major Shareholders
Galapagos NV History
Galapagos NV Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Galapagos NV Offices and Representations
Galapagos NV SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Galapagos NV Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Galapagos NV Capital Market Snapshot
Galapagos NV Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Galapagos NV Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Galapagos NV Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Galapagos NV Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Galapagos NV 1-year Stock Charts
Galapagos NV 5-year Stock Charts
Galapagos NV vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Galapagos NV vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Galapagos NV Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?