- The report contains detailed information about Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. operates as a drug development company. The companys activities focus on the compound partnering business. The compound partnering includes activities to in-license from, or form strategic alliances with, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to develop and commercialize therapeutics.
The companys pipeline is comprised of several compounds in various stages of development and commercialization including, two compounds which have been out-licensed to global pharmaceutical companies, one of which is marketed in several European countries, one compound being considered for out-licensing and several compounds undergoing active research and development by the company.
The company has rights in several compounds in various stages of development and commercialization, including rights to royalties and sales-based milestones from the collaboration with ALZA Corporation, a Janssen-Cilag affiliate, on Priligy, which has been approved for marketing in Austria, Finland, Germany, Italy, Mexico, New Zealand, Portugal, South Korea, Spain and Sweden; rights to potential future regulatory milestones and, if approved, royalties and sales-based milestones from Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited on alogliptin and alogliptin-containing products; a fluoroquinolone antibiotic compound licensed from Janssen Pharmaceutica, N.V., an affiliate of Johnson & Johnson, in November 2009 for the treatment of complicated skin and skin structure infections, such as abscesses that occur deep in the skin layers, and respiratory infections; a compound that is a mu opioid receptor agonist and delta opioid receptor antagonist, which the company calls mu delta, licensed from Janssen Pharmaceutica, N.V. in November 2009 for the treatment of diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome; a novel statin compound referred to as PPD 10558 licensed from Ranbaxy Laboratories, Ltd. for the treatment of dyslipidemia, which is an excessive level of blood lipids such as cholesterol; a variety of therapeutic candidates developed by Eli Lilly and Company that the company obtained through acquisition of Magen BioSciences, Inc. in April 2009, including vitamin D receptor modulators.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. Collaboration
In November 2009, the company entered into agreements with Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V., an affiliate of Johnson & Johnson, to develop and commercialize two Phase II-ready therapeutic compounds. The mu delta compound would be studied as a treatment for diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS-d.
The companys subsidiary, Magen BioSciences, Inc., is a biotechnology company focused on dermatologic therapies.
Priligy, indicated for premature ejaculation, competes with Cromadyn, a generic paroxetine sold by More Pharmaceuticals in Mexico.
Alogliptin would compete in the type 2 diabetes space with two DPP4 inhibitors on the market, Bristol-Myers Squibb/AstraZenecas Onglyza (saxagliptin) and Mercks Januvia (sitagliptin).
There are various competing statins and statin combination products in development, including AstraZeneca/Abbotts Certriad (rosuvastatin/fibrate), Mercks MK-0524A (laropiprant/niacin/simvastatin), Sciele Pharmas fenofibrate/pravastatin combination, Abbott/Solvays Zolip (fenofibrate/simvastatin), and NicOxs NCX-6560, a novel statin.
The mu delta compound, licensed from Janssen Pharmaceutica, would compete with Lotronex (alosetron), marketed by Prometheus Laboratories, and over-the-counter treatments for diarrhea-predominant irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) such as loperamide (Imodium).
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1998.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FURIEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FURIEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FURIEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FURIEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FURIEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FURIEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FURIEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FURIEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FURIEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FURIEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FURIEX PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Furiex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?