- The report contains detailed information about Forest Laboratories Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Forest Laboratories Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Forest Laboratories Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Forest Laboratories Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Forest Laboratories Inc. business.
About Forest Laboratories Inc.
Forest Laboratories, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of branded forms of ethical drug products, which require a physician's prescription. The company also focuses on the development and introduction of new products, including products developed in collaboration with licensing partners.
The companys products include Lexapro, its selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) for the treatment of major depression in adults and adolescents and generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) in adults; Namenda, its N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA) antagonist for the treatment of moderate and severe Alzheimer's disease; Bystolic, its beta-blocker for the treatment of hypertension; and Savella, the companys new product, an selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI) for the management of fibromyalgia.
The companys United Kingdom and Ireland subsidiaries sell both ethical products and over-the-counter preparations. Their main products include Sudocrem, a topical preparation for the treatment of diaper rash; Colomycin, an antibiotic used in the treatment of cystic fibrosis; Infacol, used to treat infant colic; and Exorex, used in the treatment of eczema and psoriasis.
Linaclotide: In September 2007, the company entered into a 50/50 partnership in the United States with Ironwood Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Ironwood) to co-develop and co-market Ironwoods first-in-class compound linaclotide. Linaclotide is being investigated for the treatment of constipation-predominant irritable bowel syndrome (IBS-C) and chronic constipation (CC).
Savella: In April 2009, the company commenced the sale and marketing of Savella (milnacipran HCl). Savella is a SNRI for the management of fibromyalgia. The company licensed the United States and Canadian rights to develop and commercialize Savella from Cypress Bioscience, Inc. (Cypress).
Aclidinium: In April 2006, the company entered into a collaboration and license agreement with Almirall, S.A. (Almirall), a pharmaceutical company headquartered in Barcelona, Spain, for the development and exclusive United States marketing rights to aclidinium (aclidinium bromide).
F2695: In December 2008, the company entered into a collaboration agreement with Pierre Fabre Médicament (Pierre Fabre) for the development and commercialization of F2695 (levomilnacipran) in the United States and Canada. F2695 is a selective norepinephrine and serotonin reuptake inhibitor, two neurotransmitters known to play an essential role in regulating mood, and is being developed for the treatment of depression.
Sales and Marketing
In the United States, the company markets products through domestic salesforces, which detail products directly to physicians, pharmacies, hospitals, managed care and other healthcare organizations. Its products are sold elsewhere through independent distributors.
Daxas (roflumilast): In August 2009, the company entered into a license agreement with Nycomed GmbH (Nycomed) to develop and commercialize Daxas (roflumilast) in the United States. Daxas is an orally administered selective phosphodiesterase 4 (PDE4) enzyme inhibitor developed by Nycomed for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
In December 2009, the company entered into an agreement with AstraZeneca to acquire additional rights to NXL104. Pursuant to the agreement, the company acquired worldwide rights to the ceftaroline/NXL104 combination while simultaneously licensing rights outside the United States, Canada and Japan to AstraZeneca.
The companys principal customers include McKesson Drug Company; Cardinal Health, Inc.; and AmeriSource Bergen Corporation.
Forest Laboratories, Inc. was founded in 1956.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FOREST LABORATORIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FOREST LABORATORIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FOREST LABORATORIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FOREST LABORATORIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FOREST LABORATORIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Forest Laboratories Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Forest Laboratories Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Forest Laboratories Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Forest Laboratories Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Forest Laboratories Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. FOREST LABORATORIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FOREST LABORATORIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FOREST LABORATORIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FOREST LABORATORIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FOREST LABORATORIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FOREST LABORATORIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Forest Laboratories Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Forest Laboratories Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Forest Laboratories Inc. Major Shareholders
Forest Laboratories Inc. History
Forest Laboratories Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Forest Laboratories Inc. Offices and Representations
Forest Laboratories Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Forest Laboratories Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Forest Laboratories Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Forest Laboratories Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Forest Laboratories Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Forest Laboratories Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Forest Laboratories Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Forest Laboratories Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Forest Laboratories Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Forest Laboratories Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Forest Laboratories Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Forest Laboratories Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?