- The report contains detailed information about Flamel Technologies SA that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Flamel Technologies SA. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Flamel Technologies SA financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Flamel Technologies SA competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Flamel Technologies SA business.
About Flamel Technologies SA
Flamel Technologies S.A., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development of polymer-based drug delivery technologies for the improvement of medical applications.
The companys nanoparticle Medusa technology is designed to provide controlled release following injection of therapeutic proteins, peptides and other large and small molecules. It also developed a microparticule adaptation of the Medusa platform. Its Micropump technology is a multiparticle technology for oral administration of small molecule drugs with applications in controlled-release, taste-masking, and bioavailability enhancement.
Products Based on the Micropump Technology
The companys approved product using the Micropump platform is Coreg CR, which it developed with GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).
Coreg CR: Coreg CR is an extended-release formulation of Coreg (carvedilol phosphate), a beta blocker that is considered the standard of care for the treatment of moderate to severe heart failure and left ventricular dysfunction following myocardial infarction.
Coreg and Coreg CR are indicated for the treatment of congestive heart failure (CHF), as well as for the treatment of left ventricular dysfunction following myocardial infarction. Coreg and Coreg CR additionally are indicated for the treatment of hypertension. Coreg is part of the standard of care for the treatment of heart failure. Coreg and Coreg CR are the beta blockers indicated for the severe form of heart failure. Carvedilol is a non-selective antagonist of Beta 1, Beta 2 andrenergic receptors, and a selective antagonist of Alpha 1 andrenergic receptors.
Other Products under Development Based on Micropump Technology
The company conducted Micropump feasibility studies on other proprietary therapeutic compounds under limited agreements with the pharmaceutical companies owning the rights to these compounds. It engages in two such projects, one for a liquid formulation of an already-marketed over-the-counter product and a second for a combination product in the cardiovascular setting.
Baxter International, Inc.: In 2009, the company entered into collaboration with Baxter International Inc. to create controlled release applications of blood clotting factor replacement therapies using its Medusa technology. This collaboration includes work on intravenous formulations.
Merck Serono: The company has a relationship with Merck Serono to develop a controlled release formulation of an already-marketed Merck Serono product using its Medusa technology platform. In 2009, Merck Serono exercised its option to a development and license agreement for this program.
Pfizer: The company works with Pfizer to assess the applicability of the Medusa platform to certain molecules in development. In 2009, Pfizer exercised its option to license the Medusa technology for the development of a controlled release formulation of an already-marketed protein.
Corning: Photochromic Materials: Corning S.A and Corning Incorporated (Corning) has an agreement with the company for the co-development of proprietary, polymer-based photochromic eyeglass lens material to be sold by Corning to manufacturers of ophthalmic lenses worldwide.
Flamel Technologies S.A. was founded in 1990.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. FLAMEL TECHNOLOGIES SA COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. FLAMEL TECHNOLOGIES SA BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. FLAMEL TECHNOLOGIES SA SWOT ANALYSIS
4. FLAMEL TECHNOLOGIES SA FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. FLAMEL TECHNOLOGIES SA COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Flamel Technologies SA Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Flamel Technologies SA and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Flamel Technologies SA and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Flamel Technologies SA Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Flamel Technologies SA Industry Position Analysis
6. FLAMEL TECHNOLOGIES SA NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. FLAMEL TECHNOLOGIES SA EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. FLAMEL TECHNOLOGIES SA ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. FRANCE PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. FLAMEL TECHNOLOGIES SA IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. FLAMEL TECHNOLOGIES SA PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. FLAMEL TECHNOLOGIES SA VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Flamel Technologies SA Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Flamel Technologies SA Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Flamel Technologies SA Major Shareholders
Flamel Technologies SA History
Flamel Technologies SA Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Flamel Technologies SA Offices and Representations
Flamel Technologies SA SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Flamel Technologies SA Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Flamel Technologies SA Capital Market Snapshot
Flamel Technologies SA Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Flamel Technologies SA Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Flamel Technologies SA Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Flamel Technologies SA Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Flamel Technologies SA 1-year Stock Charts
Flamel Technologies SA 5-year Stock Charts
Flamel Technologies SA vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Flamel Technologies SA vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Flamel Technologies SA Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?