- The report contains detailed information about Eurand N.V. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Eurand N.V.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Eurand N.V. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Eurand N.V. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Eurand N.V. business.
About Eurand N.V.
Eurand N.V., a specialty pharmaceutical company, engages in the development, manufacture, and commercialization of pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical products.
The company has applied its technologies to drug products in a range of therapeutic areas, including cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, pain, nutrition, and respiratory. It is also developing and commercializing its own portfolio of therapeutic products to address conditions associated with cystic fibrosis and gastrointestinal disorders.
EUR-1008 or ZENPEP (pancrelipase) Delayed-Release Capsules
ZENPEP is a proprietary porcine-derived pancreatic enzyme replacement product (PEP) developed to address the pancreatic enzyme products (PEPs). It has been approved for the treatment of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency (EPI) due to cystic fibrosis (CF) or other conditions. The company has a distribution arrangement with X-GEN Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (X-GEN) and granted them the right to distribute the low dosage strength of ZENPEP as an authorized generic. This product is marketed by X-GEN under the tradename PANCRELIPASE (pancrelipase) Delayed-Release Capsules. The company is marketing ZENPEP to the approximately 120 CF Centers across the U.S. through its own sales force and to the GI market segment primarily through a contract sales organization. It has a supply agreement with Nordmark Arzneimittel GmbH & Co under which Nordmark manufactures and supplies it with the pancreatin used in its ZENPEP formulation.
SourceCF Product Portfolio
The company uses the same U.S.-based commercial group of sales and sales support professionals that promotes sales of ZENPEP, to also provide its SourceCF product and service portfolio to the CF community (patients, physicians, and care givers). The SourceCF product portfolio includes a portfolio of vitamins, designed specifically for CF patients, and the TRIO electronic nebulizer, a device frequently prescribed by physicians for CF patients who are required to administer therapies via nebulization. The companys sales professionals promoting the SourceCF product portfolio call on the Cystic Fibrosis Treatment Centers, as well as selected office-based gastroenterologists and pulmonologists, throughout the U.S.
EUR-1002 or Amrix
Amrix, developed with ECR Pharmaceuticals using its Diffucaps technology, is a once-a-day (OAD) sustained-release formulation of cyclobenzaprine hydrochloride, with FDA-approved use as an adjunct to rest and physical therapy for relief of muscle spasm associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions. Amrix is the FDA-approved OAD skeletal muscle relaxant in the U.S. Amrix is being commercialized in collaboration with Cephalon, Inc. In addition to the U.S. marketing efforts by Cephalon, the company has partnered this product in 21 countries outside of the U.S.
EUR-1048 or Lamictal ODT
EUR-1048 or Lamictal ODT is a taste-masked, orally disintegrating tablet formulation of lamotrigine, that it developed using its AdvaTab and Microcaps technologies. Lamictal ODT is approved for sale in the U.S. for the long-term treatment of Bipolar I Disorder. This product was developed pursuant to a co-development agreement with GlaxoSmithKline.
EUR-1037 or Unisom Sleepmelts
EUR-1037 is an orally disintegrating tablet formulation of Diphenhydramine citrate that it developed using its AdvaTab and Microcaps technologies. The product is sold as an over-the-counter (OTC) sleep-aid product by Chattem Inc. in the U.S. under the brand name Unisom Sleepmelts.
Proprietary Pipeline Products
In addition to ZENPEP and the SourceCF product portfolio, the company is also developing a pipeline of products in its proprietary portfolio. The advanced of its proprietary product candidates are:
EUR-1025, an OAD oral formulation of ondansetron, an anti-emetic prescribed to prevent post-operative nausea and vomiting, and nausea and vomiting in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy. The company is working on the protocol for a single Phase III study in post-operative nausea and vomiting.
EUR-1073 is an enteric coated, controlled release formulation of beclomethasone diproprionate marketed in certain European countries under the tradename Clipper, where it is indicated for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) and ulcerative colitis and for which the company may be seeking marketing authorization in the U.S. The company acquired the North American rights to market EUR-1073. It has received an orphan drug designation for this product candidate for intended use in pediatric ulcerative colitis. Chiesi has completed a Phase IIIb clinical trial for this product in Europe.
The companys customers include Axcan Pharmaceuticals and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).
The companys competitors include Axcan Pharmaceuticals; Johnson & Johnson; Abbott Laboratories (Solvay/Abbott); Biovail; Elan; Skye Pharma; Cima (a subsidiary of Cephalon); Andrx, a subsidiary of Watson; Penwest; Soliqs, a division of Solvay/Abbott; Par Pharmaceuticals Companies, Inc.; and Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Eurand N.V. was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EURAND N.V. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EURAND N.V. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EURAND N.V. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EURAND N.V. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EURAND N.V. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Eurand N.V. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Eurand N.V. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Eurand N.V. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Eurand N.V. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Eurand N.V. Industry Position Analysis
6. EURAND N.V. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EURAND N.V. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EURAND N.V. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EURAND N.V. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EURAND N.V. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EURAND N.V. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Eurand N.V. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Eurand N.V. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Eurand N.V. Major Shareholders
Eurand N.V. History
Eurand N.V. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Eurand N.V. Offices and Representations
Eurand N.V. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Eurand N.V. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Eurand N.V. Capital Market Snapshot
Eurand N.V. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Eurand N.V. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Eurand N.V. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Eurand N.V. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Eurand N.V. 1-year Stock Charts
Eurand N.V. 5-year Stock Charts
Eurand N.V. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Eurand N.V. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Eurand N.V. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?