EpiCept Corporation Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about EpiCept Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for EpiCept Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The EpiCept Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes EpiCept Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of EpiCept Corporation business.
About EpiCept Corporation
EpiCept Corporation, a specialty pharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products for the treatment of cancer and pain.
Ceplene: The companys primary product is Ceplene, which when used concomitantly with low-dose interleukin-2 is intended as remission maintenance therapy in the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML) for adult patients who are in their first complete remission. In 2008, the European Commission issued a formal marketing authorization for Ceplene in the European Union, or EU. In November 2009, Health Canada accepted for review a New Drug Submission (NDS) for Ceplene for the treatment of AML in Canada.
Crinobulin is a novel small molecule vascular disruption agent (VDA) and apoptosis inducer for the treatment of patients with solid tumors. The company has completed its first Phase I clinical trial for crinobulin.
Azixa, an apoptosis inducer with VDA activity licensed by the company to Myriad Genetics Inc. (Myriad), as part of a worldwide development and commercialization agreement, is in Phase II clinical trials in patients with primary glioblastoma, melanoma that has metastasized to the brain and non-small-cell lung cancer that has spread to the brain.
EpiCept NP-1: The companys late-stage pain product candidate, EpiCept NP-1 cream (NP-1), is a prescription topical analgesic cream designed to provide effective long-term relief of pain associated with peripheral neuropathies. In January 2009, the company concluded a Phase IIb clinical trial of NP-1 in which it studied its safety and efficacy in patients suffering from post-herpetic neuralgia (PHN) compared to gabapentin and placebo. This trial met its primary endpoints. NP-1 utilizes a proprietary formulation to administer FDA approved pain management therapeutics, or analgesics, directly on the skins surface at or near the site of the pain, targeting pain that is influenced, or mediated, by nerve receptors located just beneath the skins surface.
In January 2010, the company entered into a commercialization agreement for Ceplene with Meda AB, an international specialty pharmaceutical company based in Stockholm, Sweden. Under the terms of the agreement, the company granted Meda the right to market Ceplene in Europe and other countries, including Japan, China, and Australia.
The company licensed the MX90745 series of caspase-inducer anti-cancer compounds to Myriad. Under the terms of the agreement, the company granted to Myriad a research license to develop and commercialize any drug candidates from the series of compounds with a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free license, without the right to sublicense the technology.
The company has entered into a license agreement with DURECT Corporation (DURECT), pursuant to which it granted DURECT the worldwide rights to certain of its intellectual property for a transdermal patch containing bupivacaine for the treatment of back pain.
EpiCept Corporation was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EPICEPT CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EPICEPT CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EPICEPT CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EPICEPT CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EPICEPT CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. EpiCept Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of EpiCept Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of EpiCept Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. EpiCept Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. EpiCept Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. EPICEPT CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EPICEPT CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EPICEPT CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EPICEPT CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EPICEPT CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EPICEPT CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
EpiCept Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
EpiCept Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
EpiCept Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
EpiCept Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
EpiCept Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
EpiCept Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
EpiCept Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
EpiCept Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
EpiCept Corporation Major Shareholders
EpiCept Corporation History
EpiCept Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
EpiCept Corporation Offices and Representations
EpiCept Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
EpiCept Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
EpiCept Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
EpiCept Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
EpiCept Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
EpiCept Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?