- The report contains detailed information about Encorium Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Encorium Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Encorium Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Encorium Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Encorium Group Inc. business.
About Encorium Group Inc.
Encorium Group, Inc., a clinical research organization, engages in the design and management of clinical trials for the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The company offers its clients on a global basis a range of clinical research and development services supporting Phase I through Phase IV clinical trials. Its services include study protocol design, clinical trials management, global data management services, biostatistics, medical and regulatory affairs, quality assurance, and compliance and medical report writing. The company has clinical trial experience across various therapeutic areas, such as cardiovascular, nephrology, endocrinology/metabolism, hematology, diabetes, neurology, oncology, immunology, vaccines, infectious diseases, gastroenterology, dermatology, hepatology, rheumatology, urology, ophthalmology, womens health, and respiratory medicine.
Study Protocol Design
The study protocol is the critical document provided to the study investigators that defines the study and details the procedures which must be followed for the proper conduct of the trial. The protocol defines the medical issues the study seeks to examine and the statistical tests that would be conducted. The protocol also defines the frequency and type of laboratory and clinical measurements to be performed, tracked, and analyzed. Also defined is the number of patients required to produce a statistically meaningful result, the period of time over which they must be tracked, and the frequency and dosage of drug administration.
Clinical Trials Management
The company serves its clients needs by conducting clinical trials through a project team. A project manager leads and facilitates various aspects of the conduct of the clinical trial. Other members of the project team typically include representatives from clinical trials management, global data services, regulatory affairs, information services, quality assurance, medical writing, and field monitoring. The company compiles, analyzes, interprets, and submits data generated during clinical trials in report form to its clients, as well as, at its clients request, directly to regulatory agencies for purposes of obtaining regulatory approval. The company assists its clients with the following steps: case report form design; investigator recruitment; patient enrollment; and study monitoring and data collection.
Data Management Services
The company has automated the data management process associated with clinical trial management through its use and customization of software known as clinical trials management systems. It licenses Oracle Clinical and Datafax as its clinical trials management systems, which assists the company in the collection, validation, and reporting of clinical results to its clients. The companys data management professionals provide CRF review and tracking, data entry, and integrated clinical/statistical reports, as well as writing manuscripts for publication.
The biostatisticians assist clients with various phases of drug development, including biostatistical consulting, database design, data analysis, and statistical reporting. The companys services include the use of professionals that assist in the development and review of protocols, the design of appropriate analysis plans, and the design of report formats to specifically address the objectives of the study protocol, as well as the clients individual objectives.
Medical and Regulatory Affairs
The company provides regulatory product registration services for pharmaceutical and biotechnology products in the United States and Europe. These services include regulatory strategy formulation, New Drug Application (NDA), and Biologic License Application document preparation and review, quality assurance and liaison with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (the FDA) and other regulatory agencies.
Quality Assurance and Compliance
The company conducts field inspections that include investigator audits, pre-submission protocol compliance audits, and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) audits. Its staff also provides training sessions to its personnel, as well as to study site employees. The company's Quality Assurance and Compliance group performs audits of study documents, as well as data contained in its clinical trials databases.
The statistical analysis findings for data collected during the trial, together with other clinical data, are presented in study form to its clients, or at a clients request, directly to the FDA or other regulatory agencies for purposes of obtaining regulatory approval.
Patient registries provide an opportunity to populate databases with real-world, patient-derived information that can be analyzed and disseminated in multiple formats. Therefore, a patient registry is an ideal tool for reaching out to the primary care population in a clinically meaningful and credible way. In addition, patient registries facilitate and improve relationship building between biopharmaceutical companies and regional/local opinion leaders and high volume providers.
The company provides a range of clinical research and consulting services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The company's major competitors include Quintiles Transnational Corporation; Covance, Inc.; Parexel International Corporation; Icon Clinical Research; and Kendle International, Inc.
The company was founded in 1989. It was formerly known as Covalent Group, Inc. and changed its name to Encorium Group, Inc. in 2006.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ENCORIUM GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ENCORIUM GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ENCORIUM GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ENCORIUM GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ENCORIUM GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Encorium Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Encorium Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Encorium Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Encorium Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Encorium Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ENCORIUM GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ENCORIUM GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ENCORIUM GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ENCORIUM GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ENCORIUM GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ENCORIUM GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Encorium Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Encorium Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Encorium Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Encorium Group Inc. History
Encorium Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Encorium Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Encorium Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Encorium Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Encorium Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Encorium Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Encorium Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Encorium Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Encorium Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Encorium Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Encorium Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Encorium Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Encorium Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Encorium Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?