- The report contains detailed information about Emisphere Technologies, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Emisphere Technologies, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Emisphere Technologies, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Emisphere Technologies, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Emisphere Technologies, Inc. business.
About Emisphere Technologies, Inc.
Emisphere Technologies, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the delivery of therapeutic molecules or nutritional supplements using its Eligen Technology. The Eligen Technology can be applied to the oral route of administration as well other delivery pathways, such as buccal, rectal, inhalation, intra-vaginal, or transdermal.
The company has a pipeline that includes prescription and nutritional supplement product candidates in varying stages of development. It has one nutritional supplement product using Eligen Technology on the U.S. market. The company has two prescription products in Phase III studies, various in Phase I, and various pre-clinical (research stage) projects.
B12 is an important nutrient that is poorly absorbed in the oral form. In November 2009, the company launched its first commercially available product, oral Eligen B12 (100 mcg), which is developed to help improve Vitamin B12 absorption and bioavailability with a patented formulation, in partnership with Life Extension®. Life Extension has certain exclusivity in the U.S.A for distribution via the Internet and at specialty health food and nutritional retail outlets including The Vitamin Shoppe, GNC and Vitamin World. The company developed Eligen B12 independently, as a nutritional supplement product candidate. In April 2009, the company announced a strategic alliance with AAIPharma, Inc. intended to expand the application of the companys Eligen technology and AAIPharmas drug development services. AAIPharma is a global provider of pharmaceutical product development services that improve the therapeutic performance of its clients drugs.
Phase III Programs
On the prescription side of its business, the companys both products in Phase III are with its partner Novartis Pharma AG (Novartis), which is using its drug delivery technology in combination with salmon calcitonin, parathyroid hormone, and human growth hormone. These companies advanced programs are testing oral formulations of salmon calcitonin to treat osteoarthritis and osteoporosis. Novartis is conducting two Phase III clinical studies for osteoarthritis and one Phase III clinical study for osteoporosis. Novartis has completed enrollment for the first trial for osteoarthritis; a multi-center Phase III study exploring the safety and efficacy of an oral formulation of salmon calcitonin using Emispheres proprietary Eligen Technology to treat patients with osteoarthritis of the knee. Novartis is also conducting a Phase III trial for osteoporosis. This Phase III trial is a multi-center study exploring the safety and efficacy of oral Eligen salmon calcitonin to treat vertebral fractures in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis, aged 60-80.
Phase I Programs
The company also has various products in Phase I and various pre-clinical (research stage) projects. Novartis has conducted a phase I study in postmenopausal women to determine the safety and tolerability of oral PTH 1-34, a combination of human PTH 1-34 and the companys delivery agent 5-CNAC, for the treatment of postmenopausal osteoporosis. The study is designed to assess the bioavailability profile of increasing doses of PTH 1-34 combined with different amounts of 5-CNAC administered orally. Novartis has also conducted Phase I studies with oral salmon calcitonin. During January 2010, the company announced that Novo Nordisk A/S (Novo Nordisk) had initiated its first Phase I clinical trial with a long-acting oral GLP-1 analogue (NN9924).
The companys preclinical programs focus on the development of oral formulations of potentially new treatments for diabetes and products in the areas of cardiovascular and pain and on the development and potential expansion of nutritional supplement products.
The company has conducted a clinical study to assess the effect of oral administration of two peptides, GLP-1 and PYY3-36, utilizing its Eligen Technology on appetite suppression. Its other product candidates in development are in earlier or preclinical research phases.
In June 2009, the company entered into a research agreement with Syracuse University to combine the companys proprietary Eligen Technology with a new oral drug delivery system developed in Syracuse Universitys College of Arts and Sciences.
In December 2010, Emisphere Technologies, Inc. and Novo Nordisk A/S have entered into an exclusive Development and License Agreement to develop and commercialize oral formulations of Novo Nordisk's insulins, which have the potential of treating diabetes, using Emisphere's Eligen Technology.
The company was founded in 1985. It was formerly known as Clinical Technologies Associates, Inc. and changed its name to Emisphere Technologies, Inc. in 1991.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EMISPHERE TECHNOLOGIES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EMISPHERE TECHNOLOGIES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EMISPHERE TECHNOLOGIES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EMISPHERE TECHNOLOGIES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EMISPHERE TECHNOLOGIES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Emisphere Technologies, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Emisphere Technologies, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Emisphere Technologies, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Emisphere Technologies, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Emisphere Technologies, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. EMISPHERE TECHNOLOGIES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EMISPHERE TECHNOLOGIES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EMISPHERE TECHNOLOGIES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EMISPHERE TECHNOLOGIES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EMISPHERE TECHNOLOGIES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EMISPHERE TECHNOLOGIES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. Major Shareholders
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. History
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. Offices and Representations
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Emisphere Technologies, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?