- The report contains detailed information about Eisai Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Eisai Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Eisai Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Eisai Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Eisai Co. Ltd. business.
About Eisai Co. Ltd.
Eisai Co., Ltd. engages in the manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals, such as prescription pharmaceuticals, consumer health care products, and diagnostics pharmaceuticals. The company also offers food additives, chemicals, pharmaceutical production machinery, and equipment. It has operations in Japan, North America, Europe, and Asia.
The company's prescription pharmaceuticals include Aricept for Alzheimers disease treatment; Actonel for osteoporosis treatment; Azeptin, an antiallergic agent; Iomeron, a nonionic contrast medium; Glakay for osteoporosis treatment; Glucagon G Novo, a genetically engineered glucagon preparation; Cleactor, a thrombolytic agent; Coretec, an agent for acute heart failure; Selbex for gastritis/gastric ulcer treatment; Tambocor, an agent for tachyarrhythmia; Detantol R, a once-a-day a-1 blocking antihypertensive agent; Nitorol R, a long-acting isosorbide dinitrate preparation; Pariet, a proton pump inhibitor; HUMIRA, a human anti-TNF-a monoclonal antibody; ProHance, a nonionic contrast medium for MRI use; Maxalt, a 5-HT1B/1D receptor agonist for migraine treatment; Myonal, a muscle relaxant; Methycobal for peripheral neuropathy treatment; and Warfarin potassium tablets.
The company's generic products include Amlodipine tablets (long-action calcium antagonist); Enalapril M tablets (long-acting ACE inhibitor); Domperidone tablets (gastroprokinetic drug); Felbinac tape (transdermal system anti-inflammatory analgesic drug); BlostarM tablets (famotidine tablets); Pranlukast tablets/ dry syrup (therapeutic drug for bronchial asthma); Meloxicam tablets (nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory/analgesic drug); and Loxoprofen tablets (analgesic/anti-inflammatory/antipyretic drug).
The company's consumer health care products include Saclon for restoration of damaged stomach mucosa and acid neutralization; Sahne Cream, a medicated skin-care cream; Seabond, a denture adhesive; Skainar S tablets for Rhinitis, a medication for rhinitis; Selbelle tablets for stomach heaviness, heartburn, and overeating; Chocola BB Plus, a vitamin B2 supplement for alleviation of stomatitis and dermatitis; Chocola BB Lucent for eliminating skin blemishes and freckles with vitamin C and L-cysteine; Chocola BB Pure, an active-type vitamin B2 preparation with vitamins B6, B1, and C; Chocola BB Drink II, a vitamin B2 drink for alleviation of skin roughness and acne; Chocola BB Royal 2, a vitamin B2 drink with royal jelly and amino acids for extreme fatigue; Travelmin, a motion sickness remedy; Nabolin S, a mecobalamin (activated vitamin B12) preparation for alleviating stubborn stiff shoulders; Higuard, an agent for allergy-related rhinitis and skin problems; Ubiten S, an ubidecarenone (coenzyme Q10) preparation; and Juvelux, a natural vitamin E preparation.
The company's diagnostic products include Picolumi PIVKA-II for the diagnosis of hepatocellular carcinoma with protein induced by vitamin K absence or antagonist II (PIVKA-II); Picolumi KL-6 for the diagnosis of interstitial pneumonia with sialylated carbohydrate antigen KL-6; Picolumi ucOC for the diagnosis of vitamin ucOC K insufficiency in osteoporosis with undercarboxylated osteocalcin (ucOC); Picolumi CARF for the diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis with anti-agalactosyl IgG antibodies; PyloriTek Test Kit, a test for Heliobacter pyloriurease activity in gastric biopsy specimens; CoaguChek XS for determination of prothrombin time in whole blood; and G-Checker, a self-monitoring blood glucose system.
The company has a licensing agreement with BioArctic Neuroscience AB for antibody treatment BAN2401 for Alzheimers disease.
The company and Abbott Japan Co., Ltd. have a license agreement in Japan for additional indications for adalimumab, the fully human anti-TNF-a monoclonal antibody.
The company has reached in-licensing agreement with Minophagen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., for liver disease/allergic disease agents Stronger Neo-Minophagen C and Glycyron tablets.
The company also has a license agreement with Kissei Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., to develop and commercialize insulin secretagogue Glufast in China.
The company has an in-licensing agreement with Sepracor, Inc. for eszopiclone insomnia treatment in Japan.
In January 2008, the company acquired MGI PHARMA, INC., a U.S.-based biopharmaceutical company focused on oncology and acute care that acquires, researches, develops, and commercializes proprietary products.
In September 2009, Eisai Co. Ltd. and the Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) have signed a collaboration and license agreement for the clinical development of a new drug for the treatment of Chagas disease.
On October 26, 2009, Eisai Co. Ltd. and TSD Japan Inc. announced that they had concluded a license and joint development agreement for the development of denileukin diftitox (generic name) in Japan. Under the terms of the agreement, Eisai shall grant TSD the exclusive right to co-develop the drug in Japan, and Eisai would retain the right to market the product once marketing authorisation has been granted.
On October 30, 2009, Quintiles Limited announced a strategic alliance with Eisai Co. Ltd. to develop six potential oncology products in Eisai's R&D pipeline.
Eisai Co., Ltd. was founded in 1941.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. EISAI CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. EISAI CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. EISAI CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. EISAI CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. EISAI CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Eisai Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Eisai Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Eisai Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Eisai Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Eisai Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. EISAI CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. EISAI CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. EISAI CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. EISAI CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. EISAI CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. EISAI CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Eisai Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Eisai Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Eisai Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Eisai Co. Ltd. History
Eisai Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Eisai Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Eisai Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Eisai Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Eisai Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Eisai Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Eisai Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Eisai Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Eisai Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Eisai Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Eisai Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Eisai Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Eisai Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Eisai Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?