- The report contains detailed information about Dynavax Technologies Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dynavax Technologies Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dynavax Technologies Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dynavax Technologies Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dynavax Technologies Corporation business.
About Dynavax Technologies Corporation
Dynavax Technologies Corporation, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery and development of products to prevent and treat infectious diseases, asthma, and inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.
The companys pipeline of product candidates includes HEPLISAV; Universal Flu vaccine; clinical-stage programs for hepatitis C and hepatitis B therapies; and preclinical programs partnered with AstraZeneca and GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).
HEPLISAV Hepatitis B Vaccine
The companys main product candidate is HEPLISAV, a Phase 3 investigational adult hepatitis B vaccine designed to enhance protection. It develops HEPLISAV for adults who are at risk of hepatitis B infection, initially in populations that are less responsive to current licensed vaccines, including adults of 40 years of age, individuals with chronic kidney disease, and others.
The company has worldwide commercial rights to HEPLISAV. This vaccine combines 1018 Immunostimulatory Sequences (ISS) with hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) manufactured in Dynavax Europe facility in Düsseldorf, Germany.
In September 2009, the company initiated a Phase 3 trial in chronic kidney disease patients and in February 2010, it initiated a Phase 3 lot-to-lot consistency trial in adults approximately 40 years of age.
Universal Flu Vaccine
The companys Universal Flu vaccine is in preclinical development and is designed to offer protection against divergent strains, as well as increase the efficacy and potentially reduce the dose of standard flu vaccine.
SD-101 Hepatitis C Therapy
SD-101, the companys hepatitis C therapy, has completed a Phase 1b clinical trial. This therapy utilizes a novel Type C TLR9 agonist based on second-generation ISS. SD-101 is designed to be used in combination with therapies to reduce hepatitis C virus (HCV) viral replication and induce a long-lasting immune response.
DV-601 Hepatitis B Therapy
DV-601 is the companys proprietary hepatitis B therapy and is in a Phase 1b clinical trial. This treatment approach combines both the surface and core hepatitis B virus (HBV) antigens with an adjuvant. DV-601 may induce a potent immune response against HBV-infected cells and offer a shorter duration therapeutic option for patients chronically infected with HBV.
AZD1419 Asthma Therapy
Together with the partner AstraZeneca, the company is in the process of developing AZD1419, a candidate drug for asthma. AZD1419 utilizes proprietary second-generation ISS. This therapy is designed to modify the course of these diseases by changing the basic immune response to environmental allergens, such as house dust and pollens. The company is in the process of developing ADZ1419 under worldwide collaboration with AstraZeneca to discover, develop, and commercialize products for asthma and COPD.
DV1179 (IRS) for Autoimmune and Inflammatory Diseases
The companys IRS program focusing on toll-like receptors (TLRs), which are key receptors of the innate immune system that can induce inflammatory responses, is based on the product candidate DV1179, a bifunctional inhibitor of TLR7 and TLR9. The company and GlaxoSmithKline have entered into a worldwide strategic alliance to discover, develop, and commercialize DV1179 and other TLR inhibitors for diseases such as lupus, psoriasis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK): In December 2008, the company entered into a strategic alliance with GSK to discover, develop, and commercialize endosomal TLR inhibitors for diseases such as lupus, psoriasis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
AstraZeneca AB: In September 2006, the company entered into a worldwide research and license agreement with AstraZeneca to discover and develop TLR9 agonist products for asthma and COPD.
Novartis Vaccines and Diagnostics, Inc.: In July 2008, the company entered into a supply and option agreement with Novartis for Universal Flu vaccine. Under this agreement, Novartis supplies trivalent influenza vaccine, an essential component of Universal Flu vaccine.
HEPLISAV, a two-dose hepatitis B vaccine, if developed, approved and commercialized, would comp
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DYNAVAX TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DYNAVAX TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DYNAVAX TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DYNAVAX TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DYNAVAX TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dynavax Technologies Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dynavax Technologies Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dynavax Technologies Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dynavax Technologies Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dynavax Technologies Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. DYNAVAX TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DYNAVAX TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DYNAVAX TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DYNAVAX TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DYNAVAX TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DYNAVAX TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dynavax Technologies Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dynavax Technologies Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dynavax Technologies Corporation Major Shareholders
Dynavax Technologies Corporation History
Dynavax Technologies Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dynavax Technologies Corporation Offices and Representations
Dynavax Technologies Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dynavax Technologies Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dynavax Technologies Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Dynavax Technologies Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Dynavax Technologies Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dynavax Technologies Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dynavax Technologies Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dynavax Technologies Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Dynavax Technologies Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Dynavax Technologies Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dynavax Technologies Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dynavax Technologies Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?