- The report contains detailed information about Dyax Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Dyax Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Dyax Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Dyax Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Dyax Corp. business.
About Dyax Corp.
Dyax Corp., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of biotherapeutics primarily for oncology and inflammatory indications. The company uses its proprietary drug discovery technology, known as phage display, to identify antibody, small protein and peptide compounds for clinical development.
The companys primary product candidate, DX-88, is a small recombinant protein that is a highly specific inhibitor of human plasma kallikrein. The company and its collaborators are developing DX-88 in multiple indications. DX-88 is approved under the brand name KALBITOR (ecallantide) by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for treatment of acute attacks of hereditary angioedema (HAE) in patients 16 years of age and older. The company commercializes KALBITOR on its own in the United States.
In addition to its approved commercial use for HAE in the United States, the company also develops DX-88 through collaborations in other indications. These include use of DX-88 for the reduction of blood loss during surgery in collaboration with Cubist Pharmaceuticals (Cubist), and for treatment of retinal diseases in collaboration with Fovea Pharmaceuticals (Fovea), which was acquired by sanofi-aventis in 2009. It is also exploring use of DX-88 for treatment of ACE inhibitor-induced angioedema, a life threatening inflammatory response brought on by adverse reactions to ACE inhibitors; and acquired angioedema, a condition associated with B-cell lymphoma and autoimmune disorders.
The company initiated a Phase 4 observational study to evaluate immunogenicity and hypersensitivity with exposure to KALBITOR for treatment of acute attacks of HAE. The study is designed to identify predictive risk factors and develop effective screening tools to mitigate the risk of hypersensitivity and anaphylaxis. This 4-year study was initiated in February 2010. It intends to seek approval and commercialize KALBITOR through partners for HAE and other angioedema indications in markets outside of the United States.
The company has a license and collaboration agreement with Cubist Pharmaceuticals (Cubist) for the development and commercialization in North America and Europe of the intravenous formulation of DX-88 for the reduction of blood loss during surgery.
The company has a license agreement with Fovea Pharmaceuticals SA, which was acquired by sanofi-aventis in 2009, for the development and commercialization of DX-88 for treatment of retinal diseases in the European Union.
Other Discovery and Development Programs
The companys phage display technology and expertise has allowed it to develop a pipeline of drug candidates in addition to DX-88. Of its existing pipeline candidates, the major are DX-2240 and DX-2400, two fully human monoclonal antibodies with therapeutic potential in oncology indications.
The companys DX-2240 antibody has a mechanism of action that targets the Tie-1 receptor on tumor blood vessels. In preclinical animal models, DX-2240 has demonstrated activity against a range of solid tumor types. The company has an agreement with sanofi-aventis, under which it granted sanofi-aventis worldwide exclusive rights to develop and commercialize DX-2240 as a therapeutic product, as well as a non-exclusive license to its proprietary antibody phage display technology.
The companys DX-2400 antibody is a specific inhibitor of Matrix Metalloproteinase-14 (MMP-14), a protease expressed on tumor cells and tumor blood vessels.
The company collaborates with other biopharmaceutical companies to discover and jointly develop therapeutic leads. In its typical co-development collaborations, the company uses its phage display libraries to identify antibody, peptide and small protein compounds that bind to disease targets provided by its co-development collaborator. Its co-development collaborators include Athera Biotechnologies AB, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO) and Syntonix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. a wholly owned subsidiary of Biogen Idec.
In its typical co-development collaborations, the company uses its phage display libraries to identify antibody, peptide and small protein compounds that bind to disease targets provided by its co-development collaborator. Its co-development collaborators include Athera, CSIRO, and Syntonix Pharmaceuticals, a wholly owned subsidiary of Biogen Idec.
The companys competitors include ViroPharma Inc.; CSL Behring; Jerini AG/Shire plc; Pharming Group NV; Novo Nordisk A/S; Vanderbilt University; The Medicines Company; Medarex (a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bristol-Myers Squibb); Genmab A/S; PDL Biopharma; BioInvent International AB; and XOMA Ltd.
On June 21, 2010, Dyax Corp. and Defiante Farmaceutica, L.d.a announced a strategic partnership to develop and commercialize subcutaneous DX-88 (ecallantide) for the treatment of hereditary angioedema (HAE) and other therapeutic indications throughout Europe, North Africa, Middle East and Russia. Dyax retains its rights to subcutaneous DX-88 in other territories, including the U.S., and DX-88 has been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and is marketed as KALBITOR (ecallantide) for the treatment of acute attacks of HAE in patients 16 years of age and older.
On September 30, 2010, Dyax Corp. and Catalyst Microfinance Investment Company announced an agreement to develop and commercialize subcutaneous DX-88 (ecallantide) for the treatment of hereditary angioedema (HAE) and other angioedema indications in Japan.
Dyax Corp. was founded in 1989.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. DYAX CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. DYAX CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. DYAX CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. DYAX CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. DYAX CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Dyax Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Dyax Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Dyax Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Dyax Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Dyax Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. DYAX CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. DYAX CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. DYAX CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. DYAX CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. DYAX CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. DYAX CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Dyax Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Dyax Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Dyax Corp. Major Shareholders
Dyax Corp. History
Dyax Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Dyax Corp. Offices and Representations
Dyax Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Dyax Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Dyax Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Dyax Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Dyax Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Dyax Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Dyax Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Dyax Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Dyax Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Dyax Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Dyax Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Dyax Corp. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?