- The report contains detailed information about Crucell NV that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Crucell NV. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Crucell NV financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Crucell NV competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Crucell NV business.
About Crucell NV
Crucell N.V., an integrated biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development, production, and marketing of products to combat infectious diseases.
The companys product portfolio consists of three distinct focus areas: paediatric; travel and endemic; and respiratory.
Quinvaxem: Quinvaxem is a fully liquid vaccine combining antigens for protection against five potentially deadly childhood diseases: diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, Haemophilus influenzae type B, and hepatitis B.
Hepavax-Gene: Hepavax-Gene is a recombinant vaccine hepatitis B virus infection.
MoRu-Viraten: MoRu-Viraten is a vaccine for protection against measles and rubella in children, adolescents and adults. MoRu-Viraten is free of egg proteins and antibiotics, posing no risk to children with allergies to these substances.
Epaxal and Epaxal Junior
Epaxal is the only aluminum-free hepatitis. Epaxal induces protective antibody levels within 10 days of primary vaccination and provides seroprotection for approximately 20 years following the second (booster) dose. Epaxal is licensed in approximately 40 countries worldwide. Epaxal Junior is a low dosage vaccine for the paediatric market.
Vivotif: Vivotif is a live attenuated oral vaccine for the prevention of typhoid fever. It is the oral vaccine indicated for use against Salmonella typhi. It is licensed in approximately 30 countries, including the USA.
Dukoral: Dukoral is a liquid oral vaccine which stimulates the immune response in the intestine to provide 85% protection against diarrhea caused by cholera. It has also shown documented protection against travelers diarrhea caused by e-coli. Dukoral is licensed in approximately 60 countries. It is presently the internationally licensed oral cholera vaccine.
Inflexal V is a virosomal adjuvanted vaccine against influenza, based upon the virosome technology developed and patented by Crucell. It is the adjuvanted flu vaccine licensed for all age groups (from six months). Inflexal V is registered in 43 countries.
Research & Development
The company develops, produces, and markets vaccines and antibodies against a range of infectious diseases.
Vaccines based on the AdVac technology
AdVac technology involves the use of adenoviral vectors, such as Ad35 and Ad26, in vaccines for diseases caused by viruses, bacteria or parasites. A vector functions as agene taxi, delivering into the human body a fragment of DNA that carries the code for a protein of a specific pathogen. The company is working with its partners to develop vaccines against diseases like tuberculosis, malaria, Ebola and Marburg and HIV.
Crucell is collaborating with the United States National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) on malaria vaccine research and development. A candidate vaccine arising from this partnership is being tested in a Phase I trial at two United States sites: Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee and Stanford University in Palo Alto, California.
Tuberculosis (TB) is a major cause of illness and mortality worldwide. Crucell is collaborating with the Aeras Global TB Vaccine Foundation to jointly develop the TB vaccine candidate AERAS-402/Crucell Ad35. A phase II study of this vaccine candidate is being conducted in Cape Town, South Africa, by the University of Cape Town Lung Institute in conjunction with the South African Tuberculosis Vaccine Institute.
In 2009, the company announced a new collaboration with the US-based Malaria Vaccine Initiative (MVI) and USAID Malaria Vaccine Development Program (MVDP) to accelerate development of a promising new type of malaria vaccine.
Ebola and Marburg
Crucell is developing a multivalent filovirus vaccine against Ebola and Marburg in collaboration with the Vaccine Research Center of the National Institutes of Health (NIH)/National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), part of the United States National Institutes of Health (NIH). The candidate vaccine is based on Crucells proprietary adenoviral vector technology and is produced using Crucells PER.C6 technology.
The company is collabor
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CRUCELL NV COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CRUCELL NV BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CRUCELL NV SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CRUCELL NV FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CRUCELL NV COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Crucell NV Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Crucell NV and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Crucell NV and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Crucell NV Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Crucell NV Industry Position Analysis
6. CRUCELL NV NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CRUCELL NV EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CRUCELL NV ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. NETHERLANDS PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CRUCELL NV IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CRUCELL NV PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CRUCELL NV VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Crucell NV Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Crucell NV Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Crucell NV Major Shareholders
Crucell NV History
Crucell NV Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Crucell NV Offices and Representations
Crucell NV SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Crucell NV Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Crucell NV Capital Market Snapshot
Crucell NV Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Crucell NV Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Crucell NV Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Crucell NV Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Crucell NV 1-year Stock Charts
Crucell NV 5-year Stock Charts
Crucell NV vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Crucell NV vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Crucell NV Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?