- The report contains detailed information about Compugen Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Compugen Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Compugen Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Compugen Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Compugen Ltd. business.
About Compugen Ltd.
Compugen Ltd. engages in the discovery and licensing of product candidates to the therapeutic and diagnostic industries. The company's business is focused on developing and using predictive computer-based discovery platforms to discover potential therapeutic drug candidates and diagnostic biomarker candidates.
The company develops predictive biological computer based models and platforms that enable it to discover potential therapeutic or diagnostic product candidates by analyzing biological data of various types, such as DNA and RNA sequences, gene expression data, protein-related data, and data related to drugs in development, and to drugs already being commercialized.
LEADS is the companys proprietary bioinformatic platform that provides a comprehensive view of the human transcriptome, proteome, and peptidome which enables the systematic discovery of novel genes, transcripts, proteins, and peptides. It includes gene information and annotations, such as splice variants, antisense genes, SNPs, novel genes and RNA editing. At the protein level, LEADS provides protein annotations, including homologies, domain information, subcellular localization, peptide prediction, and novelty status.
MED is an integrated database composed of approximately 40,000 public and proprietary microarray experiments representing 1,400 conditions. This is an open platform, thus under collaboration, additional proprietary expression data could be integrated into the platform.
Product Discovery Platforms
Each Compugen discovery platform targets a specific field and consists of three modules: Prediction, Selection and Validation. The first two modules are largely in silico (i.e. performed by computer) while the third involves laboratory based in-vitro and in vivo experimental validation of selected candidates. The Prediction module utilizes computational biology capabilities and predictive models with field specific information to generate in silico a large number of putative product candidates for the specific purpose or field of interest.
The companys research and discovery efforts are focused primarily in the areas of therapeutic peptides and proteins, and targets for monoclonal antibodies, and its business development activities are focused on discovery on demand collaborations in these areas.
Therapeutic Peptide and Protein Related Platforms
GPCR Therapeutic Peptide Ligands: GPCR platform focuses at finding novel peptide ligand agonists to GPCRs that could become drug candidates and is based on predicted peptidome and capability to identify GPCR activating peptides from it.
Disease-Associated Conformation Blockers: This discovery platform is designed to identify segments in proteins of interest that, if introduced therapeutically as synthetic peptides, would block specific conformational changes of such proteins, thereby preventing them from adopting disease-associated conformations and related activities. Using this platform, the company has identified several such peptides and has advanced them into in vivo studies.
Viral Peptides: This platform focuses at the discovery of novel therapeutic peptides from viral genomes for potential human therapeutic use against inflammatory and immune related diseases.
Splice Variant based Therapeutic Proteins: The companys platform, the LEADS infrastructure platform analyzes databases of sequence data, mainly ESTs (Expressed Sequence Tags short sub-sequences of a transcribed spliced nucleotide sequence) and predicts the collection of human proteins (proteome).
The company has a collaboration agreement with Bayer Schering Pharma AG covering evaluation of a Compugen discovered tumor target and its splice variants. The agreement provides Bayer with an option for a worldwide royalty bearing license for development of monoclonal antibodies and other therapeutic agents addressing these novel target molecules.
In December 2009, the company announced an agreement with Pfizer for the predictive discovery by Compugen of therapeutic peptide product candidates for three drug targets of interest to Pfizer.
Compugen Ltd. was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMPUGEN LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMPUGEN LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMPUGEN LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMPUGEN LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMPUGEN LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Compugen Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Compugen Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Compugen Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Compugen Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Compugen Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. COMPUGEN LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMPUGEN LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COMPUGEN LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. ISRAEL PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMPUGEN LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMPUGEN LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMPUGEN LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Compugen Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Compugen Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Compugen Ltd. Major Shareholders
Compugen Ltd. History
Compugen Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Compugen Ltd. Offices and Representations
Compugen Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Compugen Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Compugen Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Compugen Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Compugen Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Compugen Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Compugen Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Compugen Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Compugen Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Compugen Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Compugen Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Compugen Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?