- The report contains detailed information about CombiMatrix Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for CombiMatrix Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The CombiMatrix Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes CombiMatrix Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of CombiMatrix Corporation business.
About CombiMatrix Corporation
CombiMatrix Corporation, a diversified biotechnology business, develops proprietary technologies, including products and services in the areas of drug development, genetic analysis, molecular diagnostics, nanotechnology and defense, and homeland security markets, as well as in other potential markets where its products and services could be utilized.
Combimatrix Molecular Diagnostics, Inc. (CMDX), the companys wholly owned subsidiary located in Irvine, California, operates as a diagnostics reference laboratory that provides genetic diagnostics services to physicians, hospitals, and clinics.
Leuchemix Inc. (Leuchemix), a minority owned subsidiary, develops a series of compounds to address oncology-related diseases. Leuchemix's first compound has entered initial clinical trials in the United Kingdom.
Products and Services
The companys primary product for genetic studies in the life sciences market is marketed under the trademark CustomArray, of which products include an oligonucleotide array that addresses researchers' specific requirements for high-performance arrays that can interrogate small sets of target genes or whole genomes at a low cost. CustomArray microarrays come in two density formats: a medium-density 12K array and a high-density 90K array. The CustomArray 90K array is also provided in a 2x40k array format, which enables two separate experiments to analyze up to 40,000 genes.
The CustomArray microarray is an advanced tool used to understand gene expression by measuring mRNA activity with in a cell type or groups of cells, enabling users to understand and diagnose disease, predisposition to disease, drug response, as well as provide information regarding drug development. The CustomArray microarray can also be used as a SNP genotyping tool by providing statistics on the effect of a SNP or groups of SNPs, giving rise to data that is important in diagnostic testing. The CustomArray microarray can also be used as an analysis tool for micro-RNA, or miRNA, which is a class of nucleic acid that has been shown to be important in the regulation of cells.
DNA Array Synthesizer
The companys DNA Array Synthesizer is a bench-top instrument that enables researchers to fabricate DNA arrays to their exact specifications with complete control over the content that is synthesized onto the array. The system consists of a synthesizer instrument that is operated using a personal computer. The synthesizer is connected to a cabinet that contains reagents necessary for array synthesis. The system is able to fabricate up to eight 12K arrays with in a 24-hour period, or up to thirty-two 2K sectored arrays in the same period of time.
The kit allows researchers to re-use its microarrays up to four times. The ability to re-use microarrays reduces the cost per microarray to the researcher while eliminating problems associated with chip-to-chip reproducibility.
ElectraSense Reader-Electrochemical Scanning Instrument
The ElectraSense Reader is a compact scanner for CombiMatrix arrays. The ElectraSense Reader was developed to provide the market with a compact scanner for performing array experiments.
Comparative Genomic Hybridization Arrays
The companys CGH arrays are fabricated using a traditional spotting instrument and is prepared on glass substrates. These arrays are used for research applications as well as molecular diagnostic applications.
Molecular Diagnostics Applications
The companys wholly owned subsidiary, CMDX, utilizes its DNA array technologies to develop molecular diagnostic services and products. The primary focus of CMDX's activities is the ongoing development of diagnostic services for the diagnosis of diseases and the management of patients.
Constitutional Analysis (the CA 650, 850, 1000, 2500 and 2700 Suite of Tests)
The focus of the constitutional analysis, or CA suite of array tests, is pre- and post-natal analysis for the diagnosis of developmental delays in early childhood, of which delays are often not easily diagnosed. Additionally, pre-natal analysis is dominated by the use of the standard chromosomal analytical
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. COMBIMATRIX CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. COMBIMATRIX CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. COMBIMATRIX CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. COMBIMATRIX CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. COMBIMATRIX CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. CombiMatrix Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of CombiMatrix Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of CombiMatrix Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. CombiMatrix Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. CombiMatrix Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. COMBIMATRIX CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. COMBIMATRIX CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. COMBIMATRIX CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. COMBIMATRIX CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. COMBIMATRIX CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. COMBIMATRIX CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
CombiMatrix Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
CombiMatrix Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
CombiMatrix Corporation Major Shareholders
CombiMatrix Corporation History
CombiMatrix Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
CombiMatrix Corporation Offices and Representations
CombiMatrix Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
CombiMatrix Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
CombiMatrix Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
CombiMatrix Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
CombiMatrix Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
CombiMatrix Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
CombiMatrix Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
CombiMatrix Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
CombiMatrix Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
CombiMatrix Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
CombiMatrix Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
CombiMatrix Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?