- The report contains detailed information about Circadian Technologies Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Circadian Technologies Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Circadian Technologies Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Circadian Technologies Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Circadian Technologies Ltd. business.
About Circadian Technologies Ltd.
Circadian Technologies Limited (the company) provides management and funding for the development and commercialisation of Australian biomedical research. The company aims to identify high potential investment opportunities from within Australian universities and research institutes, focussing on projects which have the potential to address large markets or significant unmet medical needs. Circadian is able to provide funds for further development in addition to providing the management expertise that is essential if the project is to meet its goal of commercialisation.
The company has holdings in Circadian has shareholdings in Optiscan Imaging Limited, Metabolic Pharmaceuticals Limited, Antisense Therapeutics Limited and U.S. based Axon Instruments Inc. Circadian is also the major shareholder in Amrad Corporation Limited, an Australian pharmaceutical research company.
Circadian maintains an active research and development program, including its core neurosciences and cancer projects: development of a potential new treatment for Alzheimer's Disease, development of novel compounds for the potential treatment of a range of neurodegenerative disorders, development of new analgesics with similar properties to morphine but potentially without the undesirable effects on the central nervous system, identification of memory enhancing compounds based on specific brain receptors, development of a test for cancers of unknown primary, a novel technology for identification of cancer markers (with possible diagnostic as well as therapeutic applications).
The company's other research projects include: a new environmentally friendly process for manufacture of a key pharmaceutical raw material (ephedrine) and an extensive patent portfolio in an emerging technology in gene testing (known as in situ hybridisation).
Optiscan Imaging (Circadian holding 8%) is involved in research and development in biomedical imaging, with core technology in live microscopic imaging for clinical examinations. Optiscan is a Melbourne-based R&D company engaged in medical imaging, whose core technology enables live microscopic imaging at the sub-cellular level for clinical examinations. Their projects and products are based on patented optical-fibre technology (enabling high-magnification microscopes to be miniaturised) and confocal imaging principles (enabling clinicians to look below the tissue surface). The technology serves as a platform that has a variety of potential applications for medicine, science and industry.
Circadian currently holds approximately 22% of Metabolic Pharmaceuticals Limited. Metabolic Pharmaceuticals is an R&D company (Circadian holding 22%) developing therapies for metabolic diseases with application to large global markets. Metabolic is developing therapies for metabolic diseases with application to large global markets, including obesity and obesity-related diseases such as type 2 diabetes.
Their major project is to develop AOD9604, a potential anti-obesity drug developed at Monash University. This compound is modelled on the fat-reducing region of the naturally occurring human growth hormone molecule, and is currently in Phase 2 clinical trials.
Axon Instruments (Circadian holding 15%) develops and manufactures high-technology devices and software for drug discovery.
Their main product areas are:
Cellular Neurosciences: hardware and software products for cellular electrophysiology that measure the tiny electrical currents that modulate electrical signalling between cells;
Microarray Analysis: scanners and analysis software for microarrays of biological samples, such as protein or tissue arrays; and
Cell-Based Screening: workstations for cell-based pharmaceutical screening using high-resolution fluorescence imaging and electrophysiological recording and analysis.
In collaboration with its technology and scientific partners, Antisense Therapeutics (Circadian holding 27%) is seeking to develop a pipeline of antisense drugs for a range of medical conditions, including multiple sclerosis and psoriasis.
Antisense Therapeutics is seeking to develop antisense drugs for a range of medical conditions where there are large and/or poorly met markets. It has established a key strategic collaboration with one of the global leaders in antisense technology, US-based ISIS Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Antisense aims to build on its core collaborations with ISIS and the Melbourne-based Murdoch Childrens Research Institute to research and develop antisense drugs, and to commercialise those that are shown to be successful in clinical testing by entering into licensing deals or other partnerships with major pharmaceutical companies.
Amrad Corporation (Circadian holding 22%) is a biotechnology research and development company with a portfolio including potential treatments for a range of diseases. Amrad Corporation Limited is a biotechnology research and development company based in Melbourne, Australia. Their core business is the research and development of medicines to treat human diseases, and their portfolio of R&D compounds has resulted both from in-house research and from collaborations with Australian medical research institutes.
Amrad progresses its drug discoveries using its own resources or in collaboration with international pharmaceutical companies. It has research collaborations with several overseas companies, including Merck, Serono and Cambridge Antibody Technology. Their portfolio includes compounds in a range of therapeutic areas. One product, emfilermin for treatment of infertility, is in an international Phase 2 clinical trial being conducted by Serono.
On December 7, 2009, CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation) announced a long-term research alliance agreement between the company and Circadian Technologies, to develop potential treatments for cancer.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CIRCADIAN TECHNOLOGIES LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CIRCADIAN TECHNOLOGIES LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CIRCADIAN TECHNOLOGIES LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CIRCADIAN TECHNOLOGIES LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CIRCADIAN TECHNOLOGIES LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Circadian Technologies Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Circadian Technologies Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Circadian Technologies Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Circadian Technologies Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Circadian Technologies Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. CIRCADIAN TECHNOLOGIES LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CIRCADIAN TECHNOLOGIES LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CIRCADIAN TECHNOLOGIES LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. AUSTRALIA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CIRCADIAN TECHNOLOGIES LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CIRCADIAN TECHNOLOGIES LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CIRCADIAN TECHNOLOGIES LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Circadian Technologies Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Circadian Technologies Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Circadian Technologies Ltd. Major Shareholders
Circadian Technologies Ltd. History
Circadian Technologies Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Circadian Technologies Ltd. Offices and Representations
Circadian Technologies Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Circadian Technologies Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Circadian Technologies Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Circadian Technologies Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Circadian Technologies Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Circadian Technologies Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Circadian Technologies Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Circadian Technologies Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Circadian Technologies Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Circadian Technologies Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Circadian Technologies Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Circadian Technologies Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?