- The report contains detailed information about Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. business.
About Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. engages in the manufacture and sale of pharmaceutical products in the areas of oncology, renal diseases, bone and joint diseases, and other diseases in Japan and internationally. The company is also conducting research and development activities in diabetes area and infectious diseases area.
Neutrogin: Neutrogin is a recombinant human granulocytecolony stimulating factor (G-CSF) developed by the company. G-CSF is a hematopoietic factor that specifically promotes the differentiation and growth of cells of the granulocytic series (especially neutrophils) in bone marrow. Neutrogin is used to treat neutropenia that occurs as a side effect of anti-cancer agents, mobilize peripheral blood progenitor cells, promote neutrophilia after hematopoietic cell transplantation, and treat neutropenia associated with myelodysplastic syndrome, aplastic anemia, HIV infection, and immunosuppressive therapy following kidney transplantation. Overseas, Neutrogin is sold under the name Granocyte.
Herceptin: Herceptin is a targeted monoclonal antibody that works across various stages of human epidermal growth factor receptor type 2 (HER2)-positive breast cancer. The product specifically activates the immune system and suppresses the HER2 protein that contributes to tumor cell growth. In Japan, the product is indicated for the treatment of patients with metastatic breast cancer with HER2 over-expression and also for postoperative adjuvant therapy of patients with early HER2-positive breast cancer.
Rituxan: Rituxan is a targeted monoclonal antibody for the treatment of CD20-positive, B-cell non- Hodgkins lymphoma. It works by binding to a specific protein (the CD20 antigen) found on the surface of normal and malignant B cells, activating the immune system to eliminate the marked cells. These are then replaced by healthy B cells from the bone marrow. In Japan, Rituxan is marketed jointly by Chugai and Zenyaku Kogyo Co., Ltd. Outside Japan and North America, Rituxan is sold under the brand-name MabThera by the Roche Group.
Avastin: The humanized anti-VEGF (vascular endothelial growth factor) monoclonal antibody Avastin is an anti-angiogenesis agent. Avastin inhibits angiogenesis the growth of the network of blood vessels that supply nutrients and oxygen to cancerous tissues. Avastin is marketed globally by Roche Group companies. In Japan, Avastin is approved for the treatment of advanced and recurrent colorectal cancer.
Kytril: Kytril is a selective inhibitor of the 5-HT3 (serotonin) receptors found in afferent vagal nerve endings distributed mainly along the gastrointestinal tract. It is prescribed as an antiemetic agent to alleviate nausea and vomiting caused by the adverse reactions due to anticancer agents.
Xeloda: Xeloda is a drug with high target specificity. Xeloda is the treatment for metastatic breast cancer and colorectal cancer. In Japan, Xeloda is used to treat inoperable or recurrent breast cancer and as a postoperative adjuvant chemotherapy for colon cancer.
Tarceva: Tarceva is a targeted, small-molecule drug that inhibits the activation of human epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) by blocking the enzyme tyrosine kinase. EGFR plays a key role in the growth, progression, and metastasis of cancer. The product is marketed overseas by Roche, Genentech, and OSI Pharmaceuticals. It is approved in Europe and the United States for the second-line treatment of advanced nonsmall cell lung cancer and the first-line treatment of metastatic pancreatic cancer. In Japan, Tarceva is approved for the second-line or later treatment of non-small cell lung cancer.
Femara: The company has commenced joint marketing of Femara, an aromatase inhibitor, with Novartis Pharma K.K., Femaras manufacturer and distributor. Femara is a drug used in endocrine therapies for breast cancer and it has been approved in approximately 100 countries worldwide as a breast cancer treatment for postmenopausal women.
TP300: TP300 is a topoisomerase I inhibitor which prevents the growth of cancer cells by obstructing the activity of an enzyme called topoisomerase I, which contributes to t
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CHUGAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LTD. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CHUGAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LTD. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CHUGAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LTD. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CHUGAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LTD. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CHUGAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LTD. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Industry Position Analysis
6. CHUGAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LTD. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CHUGAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LTD. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CHUGAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LTD. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CHUGAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LTD. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CHUGAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LTD. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CHUGAI PHARMACEUTICAL CO. LTD. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Major Shareholders
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. History
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Offices and Representations
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Capital Market Snapshot
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. 1-year Stock Charts
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. 5-year Stock Charts
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Chugai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?