- The report contains detailed information about Cephalon Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cephalon Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cephalon Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cephalon Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cephalon Inc. business.
About Cephalon Inc.
Cephalon, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of products for central nervous system, pain, oncology, and inflammatory disease. In addition to conducting an active research and development program, the company markets seven proprietary products in the United States and various products in various countries throughout Europe and worldwide.
Central Nervous System (CNS) Disorders
The companys CNS disorders portfolio includes three the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved and marketed products, including NUVIGIL, for improving wakefulness in patients with excessive sleepiness associated with narcolepsy, OSA/HS and SWSD; PROVIGIL, for the same labeled indications as NUVIGIL; and GABITRIL, for use as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures in epileptic patients.
NUVIGIL is a single-isomer formulation of modafinil. In 2007, the company received final FDA approval to market NUVIGIL for the treatment of excessive sleepiness associated with narcolepsy, OSA/HS, and SWSD. The product covers a polymorphic form of armodafinil, the active pharmaceutical ingredient in NUVIGIL. The company launched NUVIGIL in 2009. In 2009, the company announced positive results from a Phase IV study of NUVIGIL in obstructive sleep apnea and comorbid major depressive disorder requiring ongoing antidepressant therapy.
The company also has ongoing clinical studies for NUVIGIL focused on adjunctive treatment to atypical anti-psychotics in schizophrenia patients, adjunctive treatment for bi-polar depression and excessive sleepiness associated with traumatic brain injury.
Modafinil, the active ingredient in PROVIGIL, is s wake-promoting agent. Outside of the U.S., modafinil is approved in approximately 30 countries, including France, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, and Germany, for the treatment of excessive daytime sleepiness associated with narcolepsy. In certain of these countries, the company also has approval to market modafinil to treat excessive daytime sleepiness in patients with OSA/HS and/or SWSD.
Narcolepsy: Narcolepsy is a debilitating, lifelong sleep disorder whose symptoms often first arise in late childhood. PROVIGIL is a therapy for the treatment of excessive daytime sleepiness associated with narcolepsy.
Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome (OSA/HS): Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP), a medical device that blows air through the nasal passage, is the primary treatment for OSA/HS.
Shift Work Sleep Disorder (SWSD): SWSD is defined as a persistent or recurrent pattern of sleep disruption that leads to excessive sleepiness or insomnia due to a mismatch between the natural circadian sleep-wake pattern and the sleep-wake schedule required by a person's environment. SWSD particularly affects those who rotate shifts or work at night, which is contrary to the body's natural circadian rhythms.
GABITRIL is a selective GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) reuptake inhibitor approved for use as adjunctive therapy in the treatment of partial seizures in epileptic patients. Epilepsy is a chronic disorder characterized by seizures that cause sudden, involuntary, time-limited alteration in behavior, including changes in motor activities, autonomic functions, consciousness or sensations, and accompanied by an abnormal electrical discharge in the brain. The company has worldwide product rights to GABITRIL, excluding Canada and Latin America, and it markets GABITRIL in the United States, France, the United Kingdom and Germany. The company has one third-party manufacturer of the active drug substance in GABITRIL and finished commercial supplies of the product.
GABITRIL is covered by U.S. and foreign patents that are held by Novo-Nordisk A/S. The U.S. patents have been licensed in the United States to Abbott Laboratories. The company has a sublicense from Abbott to these patents in the United States and licenses from Novo-Nordisk to corresponding foreign patents.
The companys pain therapeutics portfolio includes four marketed products in the United S
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CEPHALON INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CEPHALON INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CEPHALON INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CEPHALON INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CEPHALON INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cephalon Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cephalon Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cephalon Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cephalon Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cephalon Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CEPHALON INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CEPHALON INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CEPHALON INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CEPHALON INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CEPHALON INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CEPHALON INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cephalon Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cephalon Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cephalon Inc. Major Shareholders
Cephalon Inc. History
Cephalon Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cephalon Inc. Offices and Representations
Cephalon Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cephalon Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cephalon Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Cephalon Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Cephalon Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cephalon Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cephalon Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cephalon Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Cephalon Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Cephalon Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cephalon Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cephalon Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?