- The report contains detailed information about Celera Corporation that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Celera Corporation. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Celera Corporation financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Celera Corporation competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Celera Corporation business.
About Celera Corporation
Celera Corporation offers personalized disease management through a combination of products and services incorporating proprietary discoveries.
The company is organized into two segments, a clinical laboratory testing service business (Lab Services) and products business (Products).
Lab Services business, conducted through Berkeley HeartLab, Inc. (BHL), offers a portfolio of clinical laboratory tests and disease management services designed to help healthcare providers improve cardiovascular disease treatment regimens for patients.
BHL is focused on improving the treatment of individuals who have had cardiovascular events or who have been diagnosed as having cardiovascular disease or lipid or metabolic disorders. BHL provides: clinical laboratory testing services that characterize and monitor cardiovascular disease risk; and personalized treatment and ongoing therapeutic compliance education.
BHL uses various proprietary and non-proprietary tests which enable a healthcare provider to establish a baseline assessment of cardiovascular disease status for each patient. This baseline assessment enables the treating healthcare provider to recommend a treatment plan for their patients. BHL testing services also help to monitor therapeutic response and disease progression relative to the initial baseline assessment, allowing healthcare providers to refine their recommended treatment programs to facilitate patient compliance and improve clinical outcomes.
Competition: The two dominant competitors to BHL in the general laboratory market are Laboratory Corporation of America, or LabCorp, and Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, or Quest. BHLs main competitors in the lipid subclass analysis market are LipoScience, Inc., Atherotech, Inc., Boston Heart Lab, and Health Diagnostic Laboratory, Inc.
BHL Testing Services
BHL has a CLIA-certified laboratory that provides a portfolio of testing services focused on the secondary prevention market. BHL conducts clinical laboratory testing services in a 40,000 square foot laboratory located in Alameda, California. Healthcare providers, clinical laboratories and specimen collection stations collect and send to its laboratory for testing most of the clinical laboratory specimens used in its clinical laboratory testing service business. A specimen collection station is a facility licensed for the purpose of having a phlebotomist, who is a BHL employee or contractor, collect blood specimens. Healthcare providers may refer patients to BHLs specimen collection stations for specimen collection or collect the blood in their facilities. Blood specimens are then sent to BHLs clinical laboratory for testing. BHL also receives specimens for genetic testing that are collected using a buccal, or cheek, swab.
BHL has a license from the Regents of the University of California through the Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory for a patent related to segmented gradient gel electrophoresis determination of LDL subclasses. Other companies offer clinical testing services using a traditional lipid panel test, cholesterol tests or advanced cholesterol tests (tests that measure the number of lipoprotein particles in a persons blood) and target the primary care/lipid screening market.
Principal Testing Services
Most of BHLs testing services incorporate the use of in vitro, meaning outside of the living body, diagnostic (IVD) test products cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). BHLs LDL-S3GGE, HDL-S10GGE, ApoE and KIF6 tests are based on internally-developed and validated laboratory-developed tests that are not required to be FDA cleared or approved. These laboratory-developed high-complexity tests may incorporate components that are manufactured by its Products business. BHL offers 39 individual clinical laboratory tests.
LDL-S3GGE Test: LDL-S3GGE is a BHL proprietary test that measures LDL size as a subclass distribution divided across seven regions (four small and three large) and characterizes the amount of LDL distributed in these regions. This allows for the measurement of LDL subgroup particle size and per
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CELERA CORPORATION COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CELERA CORPORATION BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CELERA CORPORATION SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CELERA CORPORATION FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CELERA CORPORATION COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Celera Corporation Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Celera Corporation and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Celera Corporation and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Celera Corporation Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Celera Corporation Industry Position Analysis
6. CELERA CORPORATION NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CELERA CORPORATION EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CELERA CORPORATION ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CELERA CORPORATION IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CELERA CORPORATION PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CELERA CORPORATION VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Celera Corporation Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Celera Corporation Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Celera Corporation Major Shareholders
Celera Corporation History
Celera Corporation Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Celera Corporation Offices and Representations
Celera Corporation SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Celera Corporation Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Celera Corporation Capital Market Snapshot
Celera Corporation Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Celera Corporation Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Celera Corporation Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Celera Corporation Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Celera Corporation 1-year Stock Charts
Celera Corporation 5-year Stock Charts
Celera Corporation vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Celera Corporation vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Celera Corporation Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?