- The report contains detailed information about Cangene Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Cangene Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Cangene Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Cangene Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Cangene Corp. business.
About Cangene Corp.
Cangene Corporation, a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the development, manufacture, and commercialization of products and technologies for global markets.
The company focuses primarily on developing and manufacturing therapeutics for infectious diseases or biodefence applications. It develops two different types of products: hyperimmunes, which are concentrated specialty antibody preparations made from plasma; and recombinant biopharmaceuticals, which are therapeutic proteins made by introducing a particular gene into a host organism, which in turn produces the protein of interest. It also provides third-party contract-manufacturing services.
WinRho SDF: The company's primary product, WinRho SDF, is a hyperimmune antibody product specific for a certain type of red blood cell (also known as anti-D). It is indicated treating immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP), an autoimmune, platelet disorder, and preventing hemolytic disease of the newborn (HDN). It is approved in Canada, the U.S., and various other countries worldwide.
HepaGam B: HepaGam B is a hyperimmune antibody product specific for hepatitis B surface antigen. It is indicated for preventing recurrence of hepatitis B virus infection following liver transplantation and treating acute exposure to hepatitis B virus (post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP)). It is approved for both indications in Canada, the United States, and Israel.
VariZIG (Varicella Zoster Immune Globulin (Human)): VariZIG is a niche product serving a percentage of the population that is at-risk and susceptible to chickenpox. It is a hyperimmune antibody product specific for the virus that causes chickenpox (Varicella zoster). It is indicated for the prevention or reduction in severity of maternal infections in pregnant women. It is approved in Canada.
Vaccinia Immune Globulin Intravenous (Human) (VIGIV): (VIG): VIG is a hyperimmune antibody product specific for the virus that is used to make smallpox vaccine. VIG is used to treat or prevent these complications and is considered an important component of smallpox vaccination programs. It is approved in the U.S. and Canada.
Botulism Antitoxin Heptavalent (Botulinum Toxin Immune Globulin): (BAT): BAT is a preparation of antibodies specific for the seven bacterial neurotoxins that cause botulism. BAT is a heptavalent hyperimmune antibody product specific for the toxins that cause botulism. This product is investigational and is in ongoing studies.
Anthrax Immune Globulin (AIG): AIG is a hyperimmune antibody product specific for Bacillus anthracis bacteria. This product is investigational and is in ongoing studies. It is indicated for treating inhalational anthrax.
The company's products also include Ricin immune globulin, which is a hyperimmune: purified antibodies specific for ricin (deadly plant-derived toxin) in preclinical stage; Ebola/Marburg immune globulins, which are monoclonal antibodies to Ebola and Marburg viruses in preclinical stage; Accretropin, a recombinant protein: human growth hormone, a protein that promotes growth of long bones before puberty; Leucotropin, a recombinant protein: granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor (GM-CSF), a protein that improves mature, infection-fighting white-blood-cell production; and TST10088, a recombinant protein: prodrug based on ricin (deadly plant-derived toxin) in phase I studies.
The company has operations in Manitoba and Ontario in Canada; and in California, Maryland, and Florida in the United States.
In June 2009, the company purchased issued and outstanding shares of privately held Twinstrand Therapeutics Inc., a biotechnology company.
Cangene Corporation was founded in 1984.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CANGENE CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CANGENE CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CANGENE CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CANGENE CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CANGENE CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Cangene Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Cangene Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Cangene Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Cangene Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Cangene Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. CANGENE CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CANGENE CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CANGENE CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CANGENE CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CANGENE CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CANGENE CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Cangene Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Cangene Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Cangene Corp. Major Shareholders
Cangene Corp. History
Cangene Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Cangene Corp. Offices and Representations
Cangene Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cangene Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Cangene Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Cangene Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Cangene Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Cangene Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Cangene Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Cangene Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Cangene Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Cangene Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Cangene Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Cangene Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?