- The report contains detailed information about Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Caliper Life Sciences, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. business.
About Caliper Life Sciences, Inc.
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. develops and sells products and services to the life sciences research community, a customer base that includes pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, and government and other not-for-profit research institutions.
Products and Services
IVIS Imaging Systems and Living Image Software: The companys IVIS imaging systems are the preclinical optical molecular imaging solution. IVIS imaging systems are an integrated instrument solution for the researcher. The systems are based on a sensitive camera and optimized optics for high sensitivity detection of light produced from with in animal models, and specialized software to capture and analyze images of the light producing animals. Caliper IVIS systems, depending on the model selected, enable bioluminescence, fluorescence and x-ray detection, a combination of capabilities that enables a range of research. The companys portfolio of imaging systems includes the following:
IVIS Spectrum: The IVIS Spectrum in vivo optical imaging system can perform bioluminescent imaging and advanced fluorescent imaging, including spectral unmixing, trans-illumination, and 3 dimensional (3D) tomographic capabilities.
IVIS 200: The IVIS Imaging System 200 Series is a single-view 3D optical imaging system designed to improve quantitative outcomes of in vivo imaging, using its patented optical imaging technology to facilitate noninvasive longitudinal monitoring of disease progression, cell trafficking, and gene expression patterns in living animals.
IVIS Kinetic: Introduced in 2008, the IVIS Kinetic system provides a real time, fast imaging system enabling acquisition of biologically relevant events with in milliseconds. The IVIS Kinetic system can perform both quantitative bioluminescent and fluorescent imaging as a standard high signal to noise imager and as a high speed imager. The system includes a EMCCD camera for signal enhancement and the ability to reduce exposure times, enabling kinetics. The IVIS Kinetic system also offers a light-tight injection port which supports a syringe injector system enabling real time compound and/or substrate administration.
IVIS Lumina II: The IVIS Lumina II provides a sensitive imaging system that is useful for both fluorescent and bioluminescent imaging in vivo. The system includes a CCD camera, light-tight imaging chamber, and complete automation and analysis capabilities.
IVIS Lumina XR: Introduced in 2009, the IVIS Lumina XR provides all the features of the IVIS Lumina II, along with x-ray for detailed anatomical reference and bone imaging.
Method Licenses: The company controls patent rights covering certain fundamental methods of optical imaging. The company grants licenses to its customers to perform these patented imaging methods in connection with their purchase of an IVIS instrument.
IVIS Options and Accessories: The company offers various options and accessories to expand its IVIS workstations, which are sold separately from the imaging systems. The companys standard accessory package includes a calibration unit to ensure the overall performance of the light sources used in the system, as well as a small animal holding unit. The company also offers an anesthesia accessory package, which is designed to work with all of its IVIS imaging systems. The companys anesthesia package integrates a gas delivery system into the imaging chamber, so that mice or other small animals can be anesthetized when placed in the IVIS imaging system, thus minimizing gas exposure to lab personnel. The company also provides an electrocardiograph monitoring accessory to monitor animal heart activity during imaging.
Bioware ProductsLight-Producing Cells and Microorganisms: The companys Bioware lines of light-producing cells and microorganisms enable researchers to analyze the spread and treatment of cancer and infectious diseases, as well as to study immunology. In April 2008, the company introduced Bioware Ultra cell lines. The company offers approximately 29 lines of light-producing microorganisms, including E. coli, Pseudomonas, Salmonella and other gram negative bacteria, as well as Staphyloco
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. CALIPER LIFE SCIENCES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. CALIPER LIFE SCIENCES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. CALIPER LIFE SCIENCES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. CALIPER LIFE SCIENCES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. CALIPER LIFE SCIENCES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. CALIPER LIFE SCIENCES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. CALIPER LIFE SCIENCES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. CALIPER LIFE SCIENCES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. CALIPER LIFE SCIENCES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. CALIPER LIFE SCIENCES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. CALIPER LIFE SCIENCES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. Major Shareholders
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. History
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. Offices and Representations
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Caliper Life Sciences, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?