- The report contains detailed information about Biovest International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Biovest International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Biovest International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Biovest International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Biovest International Inc. business.
About Biovest International Inc.
Biovest International, Inc., a biotechnology company, focuses primarily on the development of BiovaxID, a patient-specific anti-cancer vaccine focusing on the treatment of follicular non-Hodgkins lymphoma (follicular NHL).
The companys business consists of three primary business segments: development of its therapeutic anti-cancer vaccine, BiovaxID for follicular NHL; assembly and sale of instruments and consumables; and commercial production of cell culture products and services.
BiovaxID: BiovaxID is an injectable patient-specific vaccine that the Company is developing to treat the follicular form of non-Hodgkins lymphoma. BiovaxID is a customized immunotherapy that is derived from a patients own cancer cells and is designed to utilize the patients immune system to recognize and destroy cancerous lymphoma cells and sparing normal cells. BiovaxID is undergoing a pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial with patients diagnosed with the indolent follicular form of B-cell NHL.
BiovaxID is a customized anti-cancer vaccine that is derived from a patients own cancer cells and is designed to utilize the power of the patients immune system to recognize and destroy cancerous lymphoma cells while sparing normal cells. It produces this vaccine by extracting some of the patients tumor cells and then replicating and purifying the antigen that is present only on the surface of the patients own tumor cells. The company is conducting a pivotal Phase 3 clinical trial for BiovaxID in patients with the indolent, or low-grade, form of B-cell follicular NHL.
INSTRUMENTS AND DISPOSABLES
The company also manufactures instruments and disposables used in the hollow fiber production of cell culture products. Its hollow fiber cell culture products and instruments are used by biopharmaceutical and biotech companies, medical schools, universities, research facilities, hospitals and public and private laboratories. The company also produces mammalian and insect cells, monoclonal antibodies, recombinant and secreted proteins and other cell culture products.
AutovaxID is a fully automated, reusable instrument that employs a fully disposable, closed-system cell-growth chamber incorporating a hollow-fiber cell-growth cartridge. AutovaxID is suitable for growing antibody-secreting cell lines, including hybridomas and Chinese hamster ovary (CHO) cells which are the back bone of commercial therapeutic protein manufacture.
The company has formed a wholly-owned subsidiary, AutovaxID, Inc., and has leased space in St. Louis, Missouri to conduct the business which would commercially market this automated instrument.
The Primer HF is a hollow fiber cell culture system capable of producing small quantities of monoclonal antibody. This system also provides an option to evaluate the efficacy of new cell lines in perfusion technology.
The miniMax provides the flexibility and technology needed to support optimization studies and research scale production of mammalian cell secreted proteins. This automated cell culture system is a table-top unit complete with microprocessor controller, self-contained incubator, and pump panel. The miniMax is an economical tool for researching scale-up processes and producing small quantities of protein of up to 10 grams per month.
The Maximizer provides maximum flexibility to support optimization studies and pilot scale production of mammalian cell secreted proteins. This automated cell culture system is a table-top unit complete with validated microprocessor controller, self-contained incubator, and pump panel. With production rates up to one gram a day, the Maximizer is a tool for process development and production.
The XCellerator is a self-standing floor system containing an incubator and refrigerator section, control fixtures and pump panel. Each Xcellerator supports two independent flowpaths, is controlled by a process control computer and has the capability of remote monitoring. The combined features of the XCellerator support production of 60-500 grams of protein per month, per XCellerator unit.
The company assembles, validates and packages the instruments and disposables which it sells. Customers for its instruments and disposables include biopharmaceutical and biotech companies, medical schools, universities, research facilities, hospitals and public and private laboratories.
CELL CULTURE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The company manufactures mammalian cell culture products such as, whole cells, recombinant and secreted proteins, and monoclonal antibodies. It also provides related services as a contract resource to assist its customers in developing cell production process protocols, cell line optimization, cell culture production optimization, media evaluation and other related services.
The companys customers include biopharmaceutical and biotech companies, medical schools, universities, research facilities, hospitals and public and private laboratories.
The company primarily uses hollow fiber bioreactor technology to expand customer provided cell lines and produce the respective monoclonal antibodies. This technology grows cells to higher densities which more closely mimics mammalian physiology.
The company purchases keyhole limpet hemocyanin from BioSyn Arzneimittel GmbH.
The Company's competitors include Genitope Corporation; Antigenics, Inc.; Favrille, Inc.; Biogen Idec; Immunomedics, Inc.; BioInvent; Goodwin Labs; Cambrex Biopharmaceuticals; Covance, Inc.; DSM Biologics; and Lonza Ltd.
Biovest International, Inc was founded in 1981.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BIOVEST INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BIOVEST INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BIOVEST INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BIOVEST INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BIOVEST INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Biovest International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Biovest International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Biovest International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Biovest International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Biovest International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BIOVEST INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BIOVEST INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BIOVEST INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BIOVEST INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BIOVEST INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BIOVEST INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Biovest International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Biovest International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Biovest International Inc. Major Shareholders
Biovest International Inc. History
Biovest International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Biovest International Inc. Offices and Representations
Biovest International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Biovest International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Biovest International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Biovest International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Biovest International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Biovest International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Biovest International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Biovest International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Biovest International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Biovest International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Biovest International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Biovest International Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?