- The report contains detailed information about BioTime, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BioTime, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BioTime, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BioTime, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BioTime, Inc. business.
About BioTime, Inc.
BioTime, Inc., a biotechnology company, focuses on regenerative medicine and blood plasma volume expanders.
The company develops and markets research products in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine through its wholly owned subsidiary Embryome Sciences, Inc. Its majority owned subsidiary, Cell Cure Neurosciences, Ltd., is developing therapeutic products derived from stem cells for the treatment of retinal and neural degenerative diseases. Cell Cure's minority shareholder Teva Pharmaceutical Industries has optioned its OpRegen retinal cell product for use in the treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD).
The company's subsidiary OrthoCyte Corporation is developing therapeutic applications of stem cells to treat orthopedic diseases and injuries. Another subsidiary, OncoCyte Corporation, focuses on the therapeutic applications of stem cell technology in cancer. Its Singapore subsidiary, ES Cell International Pte Ltd, focuses on advancing human embryonic stem (hES) cell technology. In addition to its stem cell products, it develops blood plasma volume expanders, blood replacement solutions for hypothermic (low temperature) surgery, and technology for use in surgery, emergency trauma treatment and other applications.
The companys first business segment is blood plasma volume expanders and related technology for use in surgery, emergency trauma treatment, and other applications. Its blood plasma expander product, Hextend, is a physiologically balanced intravenous solution used in the treatment of hypovolemia. Hextend maintains circulatory system fluid volume and blood pressure and keeps vital organs perfused during surgery and trauma care.
The companys second business segment is regenerative medicine. Regenerative medicine refers to therapies based on human embryonic stem (hES) cell technology designed to rebuild cell and tissue function lost due to degenerative disease or injury. These stem cells provide a means of manufacturing every cell type in the human body.
Stem Cells and Products for Regenerative Medicine Research
The company is in the process of developing products and technology for use in the field of regenerative medicine.
Embryome Database: The company is in the process of creating a map of the human and mouse embryome that would take the form of a relational database intended to permit researchers to chart the cell lineages of human development, the genes expressed in those cell types, and antigens present on the cell surface of those cells that can be used in purification. Its embryome map database is available at its Web site, embryome.com.
Licensed Stem Cell Technology and Stem Cell Product Development Agreements
The company has entered into a commercial license and option agreement with Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF). The WARF license permits the company to use certain patented and patent pending technology belonging to WARF, as well as certain stem cell materials, for research and development purposes, and for the production and marketing of research products and related products.
The company has entered into a product production and distribution agreement with Lifeline for the production and marketing of embryonic progenitor cells or progenitor cell lines, and products derived from those embryonic progenitor cells.
The company has entered into a license agreement with Advanced Cell Technology, Inc. (ACT) under which it acquired worldwide rights to use ACTs ACTCellerate technology for methods to accelerate the isolation of cell strains from pluripotent stem cells.
The company has entered into a license agreement and a sublicense agreement with ACT under which it acquired worldwide rights to use various ACT technology and technology licensed by ACT from affiliates of Kirin Pharma Company, Limited.
Stem Cell Agreement with Reproductive Genetics Institute
The company has entered into a stem cell agreement with Reproductive Genetics Institute (RGI) pursuant to which it obtained the right to acquire RGIs proprietary stem cell lines. The Stem Cell Agreement grants the company rights to market new human embryonic s
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BIOTIME, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BIOTIME, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BIOTIME, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BIOTIME, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BIOTIME, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BioTime, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BioTime, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BioTime, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BioTime, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BioTime, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BIOTIME, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BIOTIME, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BIOTIME, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BIOTIME, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BIOTIME, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BIOTIME, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
BioTime, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BioTime, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BioTime, Inc. Major Shareholders
BioTime, Inc. History
BioTime, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BioTime, Inc. Offices and Representations
BioTime, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BioTime, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BioTime, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
BioTime, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
BioTime, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BioTime, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
BioTime, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BioTime, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
BioTime, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
BioTime, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BioTime, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BioTime, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?