- The report contains detailed information about BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. business.
About BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. develops and commercializes pharmaceuticals for serious diseases and medical conditions. The company selects product candidates for diseases and conditions that represent a significant unmet medical need.
The companys product portfolio is comprised of four approved products and multiple investigational product candidates. Approved products include Naglazyme (galsulfase), Kuvan (sapropterin dihydrochloride) tablets, Aldurazyme (laronidase) and Firdapse (amifampridine phosphate).
The company is in the process of conducting clinical trials on several investigational product candidates for the treatment of genetic diseases, including GALNS, an enzyme replacement therapy for the treatment of Mucopolysaccharidosis Type IV or Morquio Syndrome Type A, or MPS IV A, PEG-PAL, an enzyme substitution therapy for the treatment of phenylketonurics that are not responsive to Kuvan, and a small molecule for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. In September 2009, the company initiated a Phase 2 clinical trial to evaluate PEG-PAL in patients with Phenylketonuria, or PKU.
In January 2010, the company initiated a Phase 1 trial of small molecule for the treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. The company conducts preclinical development of several other enzyme product candidates for genetic and other metabolic diseases, including BMN-185, an IgA protease for IgA nephropathy, and BMN-103, a glucosidase for Pompe disease.
Naglazyme is a recombinant form of N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfatase (arylsulfatase B) indicated for patients with mucopolysaccharidosis VI, or MPS VI. MPS VI is a debilitating life-threatening genetic disease for which no other drug treatment exists and is caused by the deficiency of N-acetylgalactosamine 4-sulfatase (arylsulfatase B), an enzyme normally required for the breakdown of certain complex carbohydrates known as glycosaminoglycans, or GAGs.
Kuvan is a proprietary synthetic oral form of 6R-BH4, a naturally occurring enzyme co-factor for phenylalanine hydroxylase, or PAH, indicated for patients with PKU. Kuvan is a drug for the treatment of PKU, which is an inherited metabolic disease. PKU is caused by a deficiency of activity of an enzyme, PAH, which is required for the metabolism of phenylalanine, or Phe. Kuvan has been granted orphan drug status in the U.S.
Aldurazyme has been approved for marketing in the U.S., EU and other countries for patients with mucopolysaccharidosis I, or MPS I.
The company acquired the rights to Firdapse in October 2009 by acquiring Huxley Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Firdapse, a proprietary form of 3,4-DAP (amifampridine phosphate) was developed by AGEPS, the pharmaceutical unit of the Paris Public Hospital Authority, or AP-HP, and sublicensed by Huxley from EUSA in April 2009. Firdapse was granted marketing approval in the EU in December 2009. In addition, Firdapse has been granted orphan drug status for the treatment of LEMS in the EU.
Products in Clinical Development
The company also develops GALNS, an enzyme replacement therapy for the treatment of MPS IV A. The company initiated a Phase 1/2 clinical trial of GALNS in 2009. The Phase 1/2 study is designed as an open-label, within-patient dose escalation trial in approximately 20 patients followed by a treatment continuation phase.
Sales and Marketing
The company has established a commercial organization to support its product lines directly in the U.S., Europe, Latin America, and Turkey.
The companys Naglazyme and Kuvan customers include a limited number of specialty pharmacies and end-users, such as hospitals, which act as retailers. The company also sells Naglazyme to its authorized European distributors and to certain larger pharmaceutical wholesalers, which act as intermediaries between the company and end-users. Genzyme LLC is the companys sole customer for Aldurazyme and is responsible for marketing and selling Aldurazyme to third-parties.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. was founded in 1996.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BIOMARIN PHARMACEUTICAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Major Shareholders
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. History
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Offices and Representations
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?