- The report contains detailed information about BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BioDelivery Sciences International Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. business.
About BioDelivery Sciences International Inc.
BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. operates as a specialty pharmaceutical company. The company utilizes its licensed, owned and proprietary drug delivery technologies to develop and commercialize, either on its own or in partnerships with third parties, clinically significant new formulations of proven therapeutics.
The company's patented drug delivery technologies include the BioErodible MucoAdhesive (BEMA) technology, a small, erodible polymer film for application to the buccal mucosa (the lining inside the cheek); and the Bioral cochleate drug delivery technology, designed for the potential oral delivery of a broad base of products otherwise administered intravenously.
ONSOLIS and its Product Candidates
BEMA Formulated Products
ONSOLIS: The company has launched ONSOLIS in October 2009. ONSOLIS (fentanyl buccal soluble film) is an approved treatment for the management of breakthrough pain in patients with cancer, eighteen years of age and older, who are already receiving, and who are tolerant to, opioid therapy for their underlying persistent cancer pain. ONSOLIS is a formulation of the narcotic fentanyl delivered through its BEMA technology. The company has granted commercialization and distribution rights for ONSOLIS on a worldwide basis (except in South Korea and Taiwan) to Meda AB.
BEMA Buprenorphine (low dose for pain): This product candidate utilizes the BEMA technology to deliver the opioid analgesic buprenorphine for the treatment of moderate to severe pain conditions. BEMA Buprenorphine (low dose) is intended to meet the need for a new narcotic and can be used for chronic pain, including lower back, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. BEMA Buprenorphine is in Phase 2 clinical development for the treatment of chronic pain.
BEMA Buprenorphine (high dose for opioid dependence): The company is also investigating a higher dose formulation of BEMA Buprenorphine for the treatment of opioid dependence.
BEMA Granisetron: This product candidate utilizes the BEMA technology to deliver the 5-HT3 receptor antagonist Granisetron (marketed as Kytril), an approved antiemetic to prevent the nausea and vomiting often encountered following cancer chemotherapy and radiation. This product candidate is in initial formulation development.
BEMA Triptan: This product concept would utilize the BEMA technology to deliver a triptan, which refers to a class of compounds approved for the treatment of migraine headaches. This product candidate is intended to move into formulation development. BEMA Triptan has the potential for both earlier plasma concentrations and migraine response, as well as the potential for response in presence of nausea and vomiting based on absorption from the BEMA technology.
Bioral Formulated Products
The primary chemical components of its Bioral cochleate technology are phosphatidylserine (PS) and calcium. PS is a natural component of essentially all biological membranes, and is concentrated in the brain.
Bioral Amphotericin B: The company is developing a Bioral formulation of Amphotericin B for treatment of fungal infections. Amphotericin B is often used to treat diseases that frequently strike patients with compromised immune systems.
Collaborative and Supply Relationships
The company has entered into an agreement with Aveva Drug Delivery Systems, Inc. (Aveva) pursuant to which Aveva would supply ONSOLIS product to the company for clinical trials and commercial sale. Under the terms of this agreement, Aveva would be the supplier of ONSOLIS for the United States, Mexico, and Canada.
The company has a process development agreement with LTS Lohmann Therapie-Systeme AG (LTS), pursuant to which LTS would undertake process development and scale up activities and supply BEMA Buprenorphine product to it for clinical trials.
In January 2009, the company entered in to a research collaboration and license agreement with the Drugs for Neglected Diseases initiative (DNDi) to allow the development of Bioral Amphotericin B for African Human Trypanosomiasis also known as African sleeping sickness, Chagas Disease, and visceral and cutaneous leishmaniasis.
The companys major competitor is Cephalon, Inc.
BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. was founded in 1997.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTERNATIONAL INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. Major Shareholders
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. History
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. Offices and Representations
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?