BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biotechnology company, engages in the design, optimization, and development of drugs that block key enzymes involved in cancer, viral infections and autoimmune diseases.
The companys primary product candidate is peramivir, an inhibitor of influenza neuraminidase. In 2009, the company announced the initiation of two Phase III clinical trials of i.v. peramivir for the treatment of hospitalized patients with serious influenza.
The company has collaboration with Shionogi & Co., Ltd. (Shionogi) for the development and commercialization of peramivir in Japan. In 2009, Shionogi announced positive results in two Phase III clinical trials of i.v. peramivir. In January 2010, Shionogi received marketing and manufacturing approval for i.v. peramivir in Japan.
In 2009, the company entered into an agreement with Merck Serono, S.A., through its affiliate, Ares Trading S.A., to represent it and peramivir for stockpiling opportunities in Europe, Russia, Canada, and Singapore. Also in 2009, the company entered into an agreement with Hikma Pharmaceuticals, PLC to represent it and peramivir for stockpiling opportunities in the Middle East and North Africa, excluding Israel. In January, 2010, it entered into an agreement with moksha8 Pharmaceuticals, Inc. to represent the company and peramivir for influenza stockpiling opportunities in Brazil and Mexico.
The company has an agreement with Green Cross Corporation to develop and commercialize peramivir in Korea. Under the terms of the agreement, Green Cross would be responsible for all development, regulatory, and commercialization costs in Korea.
The companys drug candidate forodesine is a transition-state analog inhibitor of the enzyme purine nucleoside phosphorylase (PNP). Forodesine has been granted Orphan Drug status by the FDA for three indications: T-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma, including Cutaneous T-cell Lymphoma (CTCL); Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) and related leukemias, including T-cell prolymphocytic leukemia, adult T-cell leukemia, and hairy cell leukemia; and for treatment of B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia (B-ALL).
The company has a licensing agreement with Mundipharma International Holdings Limited (Mundipharma) to develop and commercialize forodesine in markets across the European Union (EU), Asia and Australia for use in oncology. It has retained full development and commercialization rights to forodesine in the rest of the world, including North America.
The companys other drug candidate in clinical trials is its second generation PNP inhibitor, BCX-4208. The company initiated a clinical study of BCX-4208 for the treatment of gout, which is caused by elevated levels of uric acid in blood.
The company has rights to other compounds in various therapeutic areas. These compounds are in pre-clinical development and include potent inhibitors of parainfluenza, neuraminidase, hepatitis C, JAK, Kallicrein, and additional PNP inhibitors.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University and Industrial Research, Ltd, New Zealand (AECOM and IRL respectively): The company has licensed a series of potent inhibitors of PNP from AECOM and IRL. The primary drug candidates from this collaboration are forodesine HCl and BCX-4208.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB): The company has agreements with UAB for influenza neuraminidase and complement inhibitors.
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1986.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BIOCRYST PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BIOCRYST PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BIOCRYST PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BIOCRYST PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BIOCRYST PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. BIOCRYST PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BIOCRYST PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BIOCRYST PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BIOCRYST PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BIOCRYST PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BIOCRYST PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?