- The report contains detailed information about Biocon Limited that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Biocon Limited. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Biocon Limited financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Biocon Limited competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Biocon Limited business.
About Biocon Limited
Biocon Limited operates a biotechnology company that engages in the manufacture of biotechnological products in the pharmaceutical and enzyme sectors through fermentation based technology.
The company manufactures various biopharmaceuticals ranging from small molecules to biologicals and dosage forms
Pharmaceutical segment offers therapeutic molecules ranging from small molecules (statins, immunosuppressants) to recombinant proteins (human insulin, vaccines, monoclonal antibodies) derived from microbial and mammalian cell culture-based fermentation technologies in the therapeutic segments including diabetology, cardiology and oncology.
Small molecules include Anti-Diabetic Agents (Acarbose, Nateglinide, Pioglitazone, Repaglinide, Rosiglitazone); Anti-Hypertensive Agents (Candesartan Cilexitil); Anti-Inflammatory Agents (Serratiopeptidase, Trypsin Chymotrypsin); Anti-Oxidants (Alpha Lipoic Acid, Co-enzyme Q10, L-Carnitine); Cardiovascular Agents (Atorvastatin, Lovastatin, Pravastatin, Simvastatin); Digestive-Aid Enzymes (Bile Extract, Fungal Lactase, Pancreatin, Papain, Pepsin); Hemostatic Agents (Citrus Bioflavinoids, Ethamsylate); Hepatoprotective Agents (L-Ornithine-L-Aspartate); Immunosuppressants (Mycophenolate Mofetil, Tacrolimus);and Neutraceuticals (Carbonyl Iron, Chondroitin Sulphate, Glucosamine Sulphate, Iron Polymaltose Complex, Methyl Sulphonyl Methane).
Statins: Statins are cholesterol-lowering agents used to treat and prevent coronary diseases and are amongst the selling drugs worldwide. The companys Statins portfolio comprises Lovastatin, Simvastatin, Pravastatin, and Atorvastatin.
Immunosuppressants: Immunosuppressants prevent organ and tissue rejection in transplants and require high technology based manufacturing capabilities. Biocon produces Mycophenolate Mofetil (MMF) and tacrolimus on its indigenous fermentation based platform.
In Biologicals the company is focuses on products, such as recombinant human insulin, streptokinase, granulocyte stimulating factor (GCSF), human growth hormone (HGH), EPO and Monoclonal Antibodies.
The company offers a range of fast moving products in the therapeutic segments of cardiology and diabetes.
Other biopharmaceutical products: The bio-pharmaceutical products include Recombinant Human Insulin, which has completed Phase III clinical trials in India.
The company manufactures and markets various industrial enzymes, food additives and process aids. It supplies approximately 50 countries across various industry segments including healthcare, beverage, brewing, baking, fruit juice, starch & alcohol, sugar, animal health, paper & pulp, textiles leather and detergent.
Biocons enzymes include Amylases, Amyloglucosidases, Cellulases, Catalase, Lipases, Glucanases, Hemicellulases, Phytases, Proteases, and Pectinases.
Biocon produces a variety of food additives such as emulsifiers, hydrocolloids, natural colours, speciality fats, specialised proteins and improvers for use in the food ingredient, beverage and brewing industries.
Biocon manufactures various process aids such as fining agents and silica or xero gels for use in the food ingredient, beverage and brewing industries.
Fining agents: Fining agents are used in the brewing industry for clarification of beer.
Silica Gels / Xero Gels: Gels act as stabilizers, preventing chill and permanent haze in beer, while imparting flavour, foam and colour to it.
Subsidiaries and Joint ventures
Biocon, Ltd. has entered into an agreement with Innate Pharmaceuticals AB to work jointly on the development of virulent blockers a class of drugs used in the treatment of bacterial diarrhoea.
Syngene International Private Limited: The companys subsidiary, Syngene, provides chemistry and molecular-based custom research services in early stage drug discovery and development.
Clinigene International Private Limited: The companys subsidiary, Clinigene, conducts longitudinal research in diabetes and offers various in drug development and clinical trials.
1. BIOCON LIMITED COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BIOCON LIMITED BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BIOCON LIMITED SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BIOCON LIMITED FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BIOCON LIMITED COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Biocon Limited Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Biocon Limited and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Biocon Limited and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Biocon Limited Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Biocon Limited Industry Position Analysis
6. BIOCON LIMITED NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BIOCON LIMITED EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BIOCON LIMITED ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. BIOCON LIMITED PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BIOCON LIMITED PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
11. BIOCON LIMITED VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX 1: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Biocon Limited Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Biocon Limited Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Biocon Limited Major Shareholders
Biocon Limited History
Biocon Limited Products
Revenues by Product
Revenues by Region
Biocon Limited Offices and Representations
Biocon Limited SWOT Analysis
Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Biocon Limited Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Biocon Limited Capital Market Snapshot
Biocon Limited Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Biocon Limited Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Biocon Limited Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
Enhanced SWOT Analysis2 Porter Five Forces Analysis2
LIST OF FIGURES
Biocon Limited Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Biocon Limited 1-year Stock Charts
Biocon Limited 5-year Stock Charts
Biocon Limited vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Biocon Limited vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Biocon Limited Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for public traded companies.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get up-to-date version for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a Project Plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as STEP, PESTLE, STEEP, STEEPLE, STEEPLED, etc.) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislations will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The extended Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions followed by sixth question added to the original concept:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Is there any complementary products, government decisions or public perception that can impact business?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to Imitate?
- Organized Properly?