- The report contains detailed information about Bayer AG that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Bayer AG. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Bayer AG financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Bayer AG competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Bayer AG business.
About Bayer AG
Bayer Aktiengesellschaft engages in the development, production, and marketing of pharmaceuticals and health care products, agricultural products, and specialty materials.
As of December 31, 2008 the Bayer Group comprised three subgroups with operations subdivided into strategic business entities known as divisions (HealthCare) or business units (Crop- Science and MaterialScience). Their activities are aggregated into the six segments, including Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Health, Crop Protection, Environmental Science, BioScience, Materials, and Systems.
Pharmaceuticals: This segment engages in the development, production and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals, such as for the treatment of hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, cancer and multiple sclerosis, and for contraception.
Consumer Health: This segment engages in the development, production and marketing of over-the-counter medications, diagnostic products, nutritional supplements for humans and animals, veterinary medicines and animal grooming products.
As of January 1, 2009, the company's pharmaceuticals comprised four business units: General Medicine, Specialty Medicine, Womens Healthcare and Diagnostic Imaging. The company's General Medicine business unit focuses on products that are normally prescribed by general practitioners. In the United States, these products are marketed through the existing alliance with Schering-Plough. The Specialty Medicine unit possesses a portfolio in the areas of hematology, oncology and neurology, with products, including Kogenate, Nexavar, and Betaferon / Betaseron. The Womens Healthcare and Diagnostic Imaging units offer products, such as yaz / Yasmin and Magnevist.
The companys Consumer Health segment comprises the Consumer Care, Medical Care and Animal Health divisions. On January 1, 2009, Bayer HealthCares Diabetes Care Division and its Medrad medical devices business were combined in the Medical Care Division. At Medrad, the company develops an injection platform for use in the diagnosis of cardiovascular diseases and in computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging. The company invested in additional business areas, through the acquisition of iSense Corporation and Possis Medical, Inc. iSense is developing a minimally invasive continuous system for monitoring glucose in intercellular tissue. Possis Medical is a provider of mechanical thrombectomy devices used to treat narrowed or blocked arteries and veins.
Crop Protection: This segment engages in the development, production and marketing of a portfolio of fungicides, herbicides, insecticides and seed treatment products to meet a range of regional requirements.
Environmental Science, BioScience: This segment engages in the development, production and marketing of a range of products for the green industry, garden care, non-agricultural pest and weed control, plant biotechnology and conventional seeds.
Bayer CropScience comprises the Crop Protection, Environmental Science and BioScience business units. It provides products and integrated solutions that contribute to the production of agricultural raw materials. In Crop Protection, CropScience offers insecticides, fungicides, herbicides and seed treatments.
The Environmental Science business unit makes use of the development and production capacities of Crop Protection and its active ingredients. The companys BioScience business unit comprises the research, development and commercialization of seeds and solutions based on plant biotechnology and modern breeding methods. BioScience subsidiary Nunhems is a developer and supplier of vegetable seeds. The companys activities for the agriculture market focus on three core crops cotton, canola and rice.
Materials: This segment engages in the development, production and marketing of plastics granules, sheet and film.
Systems: This segment engages in the development, production and marketing of polyurethanes for various applications and of coating and adhesive raw materials; production and marketing of inorganic basic chemicals.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. BAYER AG COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. BAYER AG BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. BAYER AG SWOT ANALYSIS
4. BAYER AG FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. BAYER AG COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Bayer AG Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Bayer AG and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Bayer AG and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Bayer AG Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Bayer AG Industry Position Analysis
6. BAYER AG NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. BAYER AG EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. BAYER AG ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. GERMANY PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. BAYER AG IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. BAYER AG PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. BAYER AG VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Bayer AG Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Bayer AG Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Bayer AG Major Shareholders
Bayer AG History
Bayer AG Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Bayer AG Offices and Representations
Bayer AG SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Bayer AG Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Bayer AG Capital Market Snapshot
Bayer AG Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Bayer AG Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Bayer AG Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Bayer AG Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Bayer AG 1-year Stock Charts
Bayer AG 5-year Stock Charts
Bayer AG vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Bayer AG vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Bayer AG Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?