- The report contains detailed information about Astellas Pharma, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Astellas Pharma, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Astellas Pharma, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Astellas Pharma, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Astellas Pharma, Inc. business.
About Astellas Pharma, Inc.
Astellas Pharma, Inc. engages in the manufacture, marketing, and import/export of pharmaceuticals products in Japan. It primarily focuses on the development of products in the areas of urology, immunology and allergy, cardiovascular and diabetes, gastrointestinal and motor organs, infectious diseases, and central nervous system.
The companys products include Prograf, for the prevention and treatment of organ rejection after liver and kidney transplants; Protopic, for the treatment of atopic dermatitis; Adenoscan, a pharmacologic stress imaging agent; AmBisome, a systemic antifungal agent; Micafungin, an injectable antifungal agent; and Vaprisol, a trfeatment for euvolemic hyponatremia. Its products also include Lipitor, for the treatment of hypercholesterolemia; Gaster, for the treatment of peptic ulcers and gastritis; Harnal, for functional symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia; the hypnotic Myslee; Seroquel, an antipsychotic; Funguard, a candin antifungal agent; and Micardis, a long-acting angiotensin I receptor antagonist. In addition, the company markets Omnic/Omnic OCAS, for the treatment of the functional symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia; Vesicare, for overactive bladder disease and urinary incontinence; and Eligard, a treatment for advanced prostate cancer. It primarily operates in Japan, North America, Europe, and Asia. Astellas Pharma has collaborations with MerLion Pharmaceuticals Pte, Ltd. for the discovery of new drug candidates from natural substances; Theravance, Inc. for the development and commercialization of Theravance's investigational antibiotic, telavancin; and Kirin Brewery Co., Ltd. for developing and marketing a human anti-CD40 antagonistic monoclonal antibody worldwide.
Kirin Brewery Co., Ltd. and Astellas Pharma, Inc. have entered into a license and collaborative research and development agreement under which Kirin and Astellas would collaborate in developing and marketing a fully human anti-CD40 antagonistic monoclonal antibody worldwide.
The company has launched Advagraf (tacrolimus prolonged-release) in the UK and Germany for the prophylaxis of transplant rejection in adult kidney or liver allograft recipients and for the treatment of allograft rejection resistant to treatment with other immunosuppressive drugs. Advagraf is a once-daily formulation of Prograf (tacrolimus, twice-daily formulation), the immunosuppressive agent.
Astellas Pharma, Inc. and CoMentis, Inc. announced that the companies have entered into a worldwide collaboration agreement to develop and commercialize products from CoMentis' beta-secretase inhibitor program, including CoMentis' lead candidate compound CTS-21166, an orally bioavailable, small-molecule beta-secretase inhibitor which is being developed as a disease-modifying treatment for Alzheimer's disease. The agreement also includes a research collaboration to develop additional beta-secretase inhibitors.
On July 1, 2009, Maxygen Inc. announced that Astellas Pharma Inc. and Maxygen have executed an agreement to establish a joint venture focused on the discovery, research and development of multiple protein pharmaceutical programs, including Maxygen's MAXY-4 program and other early stage programs. As part of the arrangement, Maxygen would provide Astellas with an option to acquire all of Maxygen's ownership interest in the joint venture within three years after establishment of the joint venture.
On July 22, 2009, REGiMMUNE Corporation announced that Astellas Pharma Inc. and REGiMMUNE have entered into a collaboration agreement to jointly research and develop a novel vaccine-platform technology.
In July 2009, Astellas Pharma, Inc. has opened a subsidiary in the capital city of Sao Paulo (Brazil). This opening consolidates Astellas' presence within its BRIC markets, including Russia, China and India. Astellas Farma Brasil would concentrate upon imports and distribution of medications. Benign prostatic hyperplasia drugs Omnic (tamsulosin hydrochloride) and Omnic OCAS (tamsulosin-OCAS) would be the first products to be launched in Brazil.
The company has formed a joint venture with Maxygen Inc. to develop multiple protein pharmaceutical programmes, including Maxygen's MAXY-4, for the treatment of autoimmune diseases and transplant rejection.
The company and Maxygen, Inc. have established a joint venture, Perseid Therapeutics LLC, to focus on the discovery, research, and development of multiple protein pharmaceutical programs.
On October 27, 2009, Astellas Pharma Inc. and Medivation Inc. announced that they have entered into a global agreement to develop and commercialize MDV3100, Medivation's investigational drug for the treatment of prostate cancer. MDV3100 is being evaluated in the Phase 3 AFFIRM clinical trial in men with castration-resistant prostate cancer.
On December 18, 2009, Ambit Biosciences Corporation and Astellas Pharma, Inc. announced that they have entered into a worldwide agreement to jointly develop and commercialize FLT3 kinase inhibitors in oncology and non-oncology indications. This partnership includes AC220, Ambit's lead clinical-stage investigational drug that entered into a Phase 2 clinical trial earlier this month in relapsed/refractory acute myeloid leukemia (AML), and other undisclosed FLT3 kinase inhibitors.
Astellas Pharma, Inc. was founded in 1923.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ASTELLAS PHARMA, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ASTELLAS PHARMA, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ASTELLAS PHARMA, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ASTELLAS PHARMA, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ASTELLAS PHARMA, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Astellas Pharma, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Astellas Pharma, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Astellas Pharma, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Astellas Pharma, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Astellas Pharma, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ASTELLAS PHARMA, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ASTELLAS PHARMA, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ASTELLAS PHARMA, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. JAPAN PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ASTELLAS PHARMA, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ASTELLAS PHARMA, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ASTELLAS PHARMA, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Astellas Pharma, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Astellas Pharma, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Astellas Pharma, Inc. Major Shareholders
Astellas Pharma, Inc. History
Astellas Pharma, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Astellas Pharma, Inc. Offices and Representations
Astellas Pharma, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Astellas Pharma, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Astellas Pharma, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Astellas Pharma, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Astellas Pharma, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Astellas Pharma, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Astellas Pharma, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Astellas Pharma, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Astellas Pharma, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Astellas Pharma, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Astellas Pharma, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Astellas Pharma, Inc. Article Density Chart
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
Porter Five Forces Analysis
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?