- The report contains detailed information about Arrowhead Research Corp. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Arrowhead Research Corp.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Arrowhead Research Corp. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Arrowhead Research Corp. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Arrowhead Research Corp. business.
About Arrowhead Research Corp.
Arrowhead Research Corporation, a development stage nanotechnology holding company, focuses on developing, commercializing, and licensing nanotechnology products and applications, including anti-cancer RNAi therapeutics, regenerative therapeutics, advanced drug delivery technology, and carbon nanotube (CNT)-based transparent conductive films (TCFs).
The company owns two majority-owned operating subsidiaries, Calando Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Calando) and Unidym, Inc. (Unidym), and has minority investments in two early-stage nanotechnology companies, Nanotope, Inc. (Nanotope) and Leonardo Biosystems, Inc. (Leonardo).
Calando Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Calando is a clinical stage nano-biotechnology company at the forefront of RNAi therapeutics. Calando has developed a nanoparticle-based drug delivery system for siRNA. Calandos platform technology is being tested in a Phase I clinical trial to systemically deliver a siRNA drug candidate targeting cancer.
Calando is focused on the clinical development of RONDEL, its siRNA delivery technology, and CALAA-01, the associated drug candidate. CALAA-001 is a combination of RONDEL and a patented siRNA targeting the M2 subunit of ribonucleotide reductase, a clinically-validated cancer target. Ribonucleotide reductase catalyzes the conversion of ribonucleosides to deoxyribonucleosides and is necessary for DNA synthesis and replication.
Calando entered into agreements to license Cyclosert and IT-101 to Cerulean Pharma, Inc. (Cerulean), a Boston-based biotech company. Under the terms of the agreements, Calando granted Cerulean a royalty-bearing worldwide license to certain patent rights and know-how and transferred to Cerulean certain intellectual property related to the linear-cyclodextrin drug delivery platform and IT-101. Under the agreements, Calando retains the rights to use the linear-cyclodextrin drug delivery platform to deliver to deliver any kind of nucleic acid, including siRNA. As such, Calando retains the rights to its RONDEL platform, as well as the CALAA-01 and CALAA-02 drugs.
Unidym offers carbon nanotube-based transparent conductive films (TCFs) for the electronics industry. TCFs are a critical component in devices, such as touch panels, displays, and thin-film solar cells. Unidyms products are based on electronics-grade carbon nanotubes (CNTs), a class of molecules with multiple properties. Unidym owns or has license to a portfolio of approximately 100 key CNT-related patents and patent applications.
Unidym has joint development agreements with Tokyo Electron to develop and commercialize manufacturing equipment for printable CNT-based displays and solar cells, as well as Guardian Industries to develop and commercialize CNT coated glass products. Unidym also collaborate with Samsung Electronics in CNT-based displays and Nippon Kayaku in CNT-based solar cells. Unidym has out-licensed its intellectual property to different companies, including Samsung, Ensysce Biosciences, Nexeon Medsystems, DuPont, Nano-C, Nano-Lab, Torrey Pines, and Continental Carbon.
Nanotope is a regenerative medicine company developing a suite of nanotechnology-based products customized to regenerate specific tissues, including neuronal, cartilaginous, and vascular soft tissues. Its clinical candidates are focused on regenerating neurons and inhibiting scar tissue formation following traumatic spinal cord injury (SCI); restoring cartilage in joints damaged due to injury or osteoarthritis; and accelerating wound healing in poorly vascularized, ischemic tissue associated with diabetes and peripheral artery disease (PAD).
In October 2010, Nanotope entered into an agreement with Smith & Nephew, plc group to develop its cartilage regeneration product for human healthcare markets. Smith & Nephew is a global medical technology company with positions in orthopedics.
Leonardo Biosystems, Inc.
Leonardo is a drug delivery company that employs a multi-layer drug delivery mechanism. The company owns 5% ownership interest in Leonardo. Leonardos silicon microparticulate technology involves transporting a therapeutic agent past multiple biological barriers using multiple carriers, each optimized for a specific barrier. Leonardos proprietary primary vehicles are designed to preferentially accumulate at tumor vasculature. Secondary carriers are then released from the primary carriers that are designed to accumulate around tumor cells and release their therapeutic payloads.
Arrowhead Research Corporation was founded in 2003.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ARROWHEAD RESEARCH CORP. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ARROWHEAD RESEARCH CORP. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ARROWHEAD RESEARCH CORP. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ARROWHEAD RESEARCH CORP. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ARROWHEAD RESEARCH CORP. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Arrowhead Research Corp. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Arrowhead Research Corp. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Arrowhead Research Corp. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Arrowhead Research Corp. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Arrowhead Research Corp. Industry Position Analysis
6. ARROWHEAD RESEARCH CORP. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ARROWHEAD RESEARCH CORP. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ARROWHEAD RESEARCH CORP. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ARROWHEAD RESEARCH CORP. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ARROWHEAD RESEARCH CORP. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ARROWHEAD RESEARCH CORP. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Arrowhead Research Corp. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Arrowhead Research Corp. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Arrowhead Research Corp. Major Shareholders
Arrowhead Research Corp. History
Arrowhead Research Corp. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Arrowhead Research Corp. Offices and Representations
Arrowhead Research Corp. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Arrowhead Research Corp. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Arrowhead Research Corp. Capital Market Snapshot
Arrowhead Research Corp. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Arrowhead Research Corp. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Arrowhead Research Corp. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Arrowhead Research Corp. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Arrowhead Research Corp. 1-year Stock Charts
Arrowhead Research Corp. 5-year Stock Charts
Arrowhead Research Corp. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Arrowhead Research Corp. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Arrowhead Research Corp. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?