- The report contains detailed information about Argonaut Technologies Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Argonaut Technologies Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Argonaut Technologies Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Argonaut Technologies Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Argonaut Technologies Inc. business.
About Argonaut Technologies Inc.
Argonaut Technologies, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of products designed to help chemists. The companys principal markets are in the United States, Western Europe, and the Far East. The company offers its products in 15 foreign countries, including China, Australia, Korea, Eastern Europe, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Italy and Spain.
The company has five wholly owned subsidiaries, Argonaut Technologies Systems, Inc. in Indiana; Argonaut Technologies KK in Japan; Argonaut Technologies AG in Switzerland; Argonaut Technologies, Ltd. in Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom; and Jones Chromatography, Inc. in Redwood City, California.
The company provides chemistry consumables, instrumentation (instruments and software), and services to enable chemists primarily in the pharmaceutical industry to accelerate the chemical development process and to increase the number of new chemical entities.
Chemistry consumables products address the demand for chemists to make compounds designed according to themes of drug-likeness (drugs with a higher probability of success in humans).
Polymer Reagent and Scavenger Products: Chemists primarily use the companys polymer reagents and scavengers products to assemble collections of small molecules with the levels of structural complexity in drug discovery. The polymer reagents and scavengers are technologies that enable chemists to improve their productivity in the crucial, multi-step synthesis aspects of generating novel chemical entities and complex drug target molecules. Its Solution Phase Toolboxes and Kits are collections of bound reagents and scavengers that are pre-configured to enable chemists to optimize traditional work-ups and purification processes.
Solid Phase Extraction: The companys ISOLUTE brand of solid phase extraction (SPE) products is used by chemists to extract and purify samples to test for compatibility of these essential properties. It manufactures its own sorbents that are subsequently packed into single columns and 96-well high throughput SPE plates. In addition, the company manufactures sample processing stations that are designed to simplify the task of processing samples using disposable ISOLUTE extraction products.
The company, in the year 2004, launched two new bioanalytical sample preparation products. ISOLUTE PPT+ Protein Precipitation Plates improve removal of unwanted proteins from biological fluid samples using a solvent first methodology. This technique is utilized as a sample preparation method prior to LC-MS/ MS characterization. EVOLUTE ABN is a water-wettable polymer-based sorbent for extracting drugs from biological fluids. It allows scientists to use generic methodologies to reduce method development time while producing clean extracts for a range of compounds.
Flash Chromatography Purification: The companys ISOLUTE Flash Columns provide method development and scale-up options for organic chemists. Pre-packed, polypropylene columns containing ISOLUTE Flash sorbents, ISOLUTE Flash chromatography columns are alternatives to self-packed glass columns. The ISOLUTE Flash columns are disposable.
The companys Advantage Series products focus on the needs of chemists in the process development stage who are under increased pressure to develop processes for the production of pharmaceuticals. Its products utilize the benefits of automated synthesis guided by software to design, execute and collect data essential to the production of large quantities of the drug candidate for clinical trials. In addition, the instrumentation resources support Flashmaster family of flash chromatography instruments, providing chemists with a range of purification products. The Flashmaster products provide chemists with a way to purify their compounds.
Advantage Series Endeavor: The Endeavor product brings parallel methodology to catalyst discovery and screening. The process chemist can run eight individual pressurized, gaseous reactions simultaneously, while monitoring gas consumption in each reaction vessel. Based on technology developed by Symyx Technologies,
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ARGONAUT TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ARGONAUT TECHNOLOGIES INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ARGONAUT TECHNOLOGIES INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ARGONAUT TECHNOLOGIES INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ARGONAUT TECHNOLOGIES INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Argonaut Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Argonaut Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Argonaut Technologies Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Argonaut Technologies Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Argonaut Technologies Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ARGONAUT TECHNOLOGIES INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ARGONAUT TECHNOLOGIES INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ARGONAUT TECHNOLOGIES INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ARGONAUT TECHNOLOGIES INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ARGONAUT TECHNOLOGIES INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ARGONAUT TECHNOLOGIES INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Argonaut Technologies Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Argonaut Technologies Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Argonaut Technologies Inc. Major Shareholders
Argonaut Technologies Inc. History
Argonaut Technologies Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Argonaut Technologies Inc. Offices and Representations
Argonaut Technologies Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Argonaut Technologies Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Argonaut Technologies Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Argonaut Technologies Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Argonaut Technologies Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Argonaut Technologies Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Argonaut Technologies Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Argonaut Technologies Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Argonaut Technologies Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Argonaut Technologies Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Argonaut Technologies Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Argonaut Technologies Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?