- The report contains detailed information about Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. business.
About Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical and medical device company, discovers, develops, and markets technologies focused on acute and surgical applications in the United States and internationally.
The company operates in two segments: Medical Products and Pharmaceutical Technologies.
Medical Products segment manufactures and markets a range of single-use specialty medical products and medical device components. These products are sold directly by the company to end users or other third-party medical products manufacturers. This segment contains two specialized direct sales and distribution organizations, as well as significant manufacturing capabilities.
Quill SRS: The company's Quill SRS product line is a surface modified suture material that contains proprietary patterns of tiny barbs or other patterns, which can eliminate the need for surgeons to tie knots when closing certain wound types.
SKATER Drainage Catheters the SKATER catheter line is used to facilitate drainage of fluid from wounds, infectious tissues or surgical sites.
Option IVC Filter: Inferior vena cava (IVC) filters are implanted in patients that are at high risk for developing pulmonary embolism, which can be a life-threatening condition. IVC filters are implanted in the inferior vena cava and are designed to catch clot material to prevent it from reaching the lungs, while allowing blood to continue to flow normally.
HemoStream Dialysis Catheter: The companys HemoStream dialysis catheter product, which the company markets and sells pursuant to a license from its partner Rex Medical, LLC, is used for short-term vascular access for patients with kidney disease that are undergoing hemodialysis. HemoStream has a triple outflow lumen that is designed to prevent the common complication of sidewalling, which occurs when the catheter is drawn next to the vessel wall during dialysis.
BioPince Full Core Biopsy Devices BioPince is the company's biopsy instrument product line featuring a proprietary tri-axial Cut and Trap cannula system. This system allows the device to deliver cylindrical, full-length biopsy specimens that are undamaged.
5-FU-Eluting Medical Device Product Candidates: The companys proprietary 5-flourouracil (5-FU) technology is designed to be combined with selected implantable medical devices to reduce infection that can occur concurrent with the use of such devices.
Base Medical Products
Biopsy Products: The company manufactures, markets, and sells a range of soft tissue biopsy products, both disposable and re-usable for use in different types of breast, lung, spinal, and bone marrow biopsies. The company also offers a range of bone marrow biopsy products. Other selected products in its biopsy group include fixation pins, breast localization markers, tunneling stylets and surgical tunnelers, and isotope seed spacers and needles for prostate cancer treatment.
Ophthalmic Products: The company manufactures, markets, and sells a range of surgical blades, marketed under the SharpPoint and SharpGuard brands, which are used primarily in cataract or other ophthalmic surgery where very small incisions are required. The companys products include clear corneal knives, standard implant knives, pilot tip implant knives, precision depth knives, Sharptome crescent knives, spoon knives, stab knives, vitrectomy knives to create small, precise incisions, sub-2mm series knives, and various slit and specialty knives. Other selected products in its ophthalmic group include various cannula needles for the administration of anesthetic or for irrigation or aspiration in ophthalmic surgery, a line of absorbable and non-absorbable microsurgical ophthalmic sutures, its UltraPlug punctum plugs for treatment of dry eye symptoms and its Ultrafit trephine blades for penetrating keratoplasty surgery and the Tan EndoGlide for the precise transplantation of human corneal endothelial cells.
Surgery Products: The company manufactures, markets, and sells a range of traditional surgical wound closure products, sold primarily under its Sharpoint and Look brand names. These products are
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ANGIOTECH PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ANGIOTECH PHARMACEUTICALS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ANGIOTECH PHARMACEUTICALS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ANGIOTECH PHARMACEUTICALS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ANGIOTECH PHARMACEUTICALS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ANGIOTECH PHARMACEUTICALS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ANGIOTECH PHARMACEUTICALS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ANGIOTECH PHARMACEUTICALS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ANGIOTECH PHARMACEUTICALS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ANGIOTECH PHARMACEUTICALS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ANGIOTECH PHARMACEUTICALS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. Major Shareholders
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. History
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. Offices and Representations
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Angiotech Pharmaceuticals Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?