- The report contains detailed information about Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, develops small-molecule therapeutics derived from boron chemistry platform.
The company focuses developing topical applications of compounds to treat fungal, bacterial and inflammatory diseases. In addition, the company has a portfolio of other topical product candidates in development for the treatment of psoriasis, gingivitis, acne, vaginal candidiasis and tinea pedis.
AN2690 is the companys product candidate for the topical treatment of onychomycosis, a fungal infection of the nail and nail bed. Phase 2 clinical trials suggest AN2690 is effective in the treatment of onychomycosis but with lowered risk of systemic side effects due to its topical administration.
AN2728 is the companys topical anti-inflammatory product candidate for the treatment of psoriasis. AN2728 is designed to inhibit the production of TNF-alpha, a known mediator of the inflammation associated with psoriasis and a validated target, as well as other cytokines, which are proteins produced by the immune system that are involved in the inflammation process. AN2728 has the potential to combine the effect of injectable biologics with a safety profile. The company intends to begin an additional Phase 1b clinical trial and a Phase 2 clinical trial in parallel in 2007 to characterize the safety profile of AN2728.
AN0128 is the companys product candidate that has both antibiotic and anti-inflammatory properties. The company is in the process of evaluating the use of AN0128 in diseases that have components of both infection and inflammation.
AN2718 is the companys product candidate in preclinical development for the topical treatment of vaginal candidiasis, or yeast infections, and tinea pedis, or athlete's foot. The company has engineered AN2718 to penetrate the thick skin of the foot. It also would develop AN2718 for treatment of other fungal skin infections.
AN2898 is a topical anti-inflammatory product candidate for the treatment of psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and GlaxoSmithKline have entered into a strategic alliance for the discovery, development and commercialization of medicines for viral and bacterial diseases. The collaboration provides GlaxoSmithKline access to Anacor's proprietary boron-based chemistry for use against selected targets. GlaxoSmithKline would participate in the alliance through its Infectious Diseases Centre of Excellence for Drug Discovery (ID CEDD).
The company, in February 2007, entered into a license, development and commercialization agreement with Schering-Plough for the development and worldwide commercialization of AN2690, including for the treatment of onychomycosis.
On September 09, 2010, Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced the establishment of a research agreement with Eli Lilly & Co. to create and develop new therapeutics for animal health.
If approved for the treatment of onychomycosis, AN2690 would compete with other approved onychomycosis therapeutics including:
Systemic treatments: Lamisil, also known by its generic name, terbinafine, which is marketed by Novartis; and Sporanox, also known by its generic name, itraconazole, which is marketed by Johnson & Johnson.
Topical treatments: Penlac, also known by its generic name, ciclopirox, is marketed by sanofi-aventis. Product candidates in late-stage development include a topical version of terbinafine under development by Novartis and NexMed and a novel formulation of itraconazole under development by Barrier Therapeutics.
If approved for the treatment of psoriasis, AN2728 would compete with other marketed psoriasis therapeutics including:
Prescription topical treatments: Tazorac, also known by its generic name, tazarotene, marketed by Allergan; Dovonex, also known by its generic name, calcipotriene, marketed by LEO Pharma; Taclonex, a combination of calcipotriene and the corticosteroid betamethasone, marketed by Warner Chilcott.
Systemic treatments: Oral products such as methotrexate and cyclosporine and injected biologic products such as: Enbrel, marketed by Amgen; Remicade, marketed by Johnson & Johnson; Raptiva, marketed by Genentech; and Amevive, marketed by Astellas are prescribed for the treatment of psoriasis. Humira, marketed by Abbott, is used off-label for treatment of moderate to severe psoriasis.
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was incorporated in 2000. The company was formerly known as AnaMax, Inc. and changed its name to Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in 2002.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ANACOR PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?