- The report contains detailed information about Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, develops therapeutics based on RNA interference, or RNAi. The company is in the process of developing a set of biological and chemical methods and know-how that it applies in a systematic way to develop RNAi therapeutics for various diseases.
The companys product platform provides a capability for an approach to identifying RNAi drug candidates through sequence selection, potency selection, stabilization by chemical modification, improvement of biodistribution, and cellular uptake by various chemical conjugates and formulations.
Product Pipeline: The companys advanced program is focused on RSV, a virus that infects the respiratory tract. In February 2010, the company initiated a multi-center, global, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled Phase IIb clinical trial to evaluate the clinical efficacy endpoints, as well as safety of aerosolized ALN-RSV01 in adult lung transplant patients naturally infected with RSV.
The company formed collaborations with Cubist and Kyowa Hakko Kirin for the development and commercialization of RNAi products for RSV. It has an agreement to jointly develop and commercialize certain RNAi products for RSV with Cubist in North America.
In addition to development efforts on RSV, liver cancer, hypercholesterolemia, ATTR, hypercholesterolemia and HD, the company is conducting research activities to discover RNAi therapeutics to treat various diseases. The diseases for which it has discovery programs include viral hemorrhagic fever, including the Ebola virus, which can cause severe, often fatal infection and poses a potential biological safety risk and bioterrorism threat; Parkinsons disease, a progressive brain disease, which is characterized by uncontrollable tremor, and, in some cases, may result in dementia; and progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy (PML), which is a disease of the central nervous system caused by viral infection in immune compromised patients. The company is also pursuing other undisclosed internal pre-clinical programs. In addition to these programs, as part of its collaborations with Novartis, Roche and Takeda, the company has research activities to discover RNAi therapeutics directed to various undisclosed targets.
Roche: In 2007, the company and, for limited purposes, Alnylam Europe AG, or Alnylam Europe, entered into a license and collaboration agreement with Roche. Under the license and collaboration agreement, which became effective in August 2007, the company granted Roche a non-exclusive license to its intellectual property to develop and commercialize therapeutic products that function through RNAi.
Takeda: In 2008, the company entered into a license and collaboration agreement with Takeda to pursue the development and commercialization of RNAi therapeutics. Under the Takeda agreement, the company granted to Takeda a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-bearing license to its intellectual property to develop, manufacture, use and commercialize RNAi therapeutics, subject to existing contractual obligations to third parties.
Discovery and Development Alliances
Isis: The company has a collaboration and license agreement with Isis, a developer of antisense oligonucleotide drugs that target RNA.
Novartis: The company has formed two alliances with Novartis. Under the terms of the collaboration and license agreement, the parties would work together on selected targets, as defined in the collaboration and license agreement, to discover and develop therapeutics based on RNAi. The company retains the right to discover, develop, commercialize and manufacture compounds that function through the mechanism of RNAi, or products that contain such compounds as an active ingredient, with respect to targets not selected by Novartis for inclusion in the collaboration, provided that Novartis has a right of first offer with respect to an exclusive license for additional targets before the company partners any of those additional targets with third parties. The collaboration and license agreement also provides Novartis with a non-excl
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALNYLAM PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?