- The report contains detailed information about Allergan Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Allergan Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Allergan Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Allergan Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Allergan Inc. business.
About Allergan Inc.
Allergan, Inc., a multi-specialty health care company, focuses on developing and commercialization of pharmaceuticals, biologics, and medical devices.
The company discovers, develops, and commercializes specialty pharmaceutical, medical device, and over-the-counter products for the ophthalmic, neurological, medical aesthetics, medical dermatology, breast aesthetics, obesity intervention, urological, and other specialty markets in approximately 100 countries worldwide. It targets products and technologies related to eye care, skin care, neuromodulators, medical aesthetics, obesity intervention, urology, and neurology.
The company operates its business in two segments, Specialty Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices.
SPECIALTY PHARMACEUTICALS SEGMENT
The Specialty Pharmaceuticals segment produces a range of pharmaceutical products, including ophthalmic products for chronic dry eye, glaucoma therapy, ocular inflammation, infection, allergy and retinal diseases; Botox for certain therapeutic and aesthetic indications; skin care products for acne, psoriasis, other prescription and over-the-counter skin care products and eyelash growth products; and urologics products.
Eye Care Pharmaceuticals Product Line
The company develops, manufactures, and markets a range of prescription and non-prescription products designed to treat diseases and disorders of the eye, including chronic dry eye, glaucoma, inflammation, infection, and allergy.
Chronic Dry Eye: Restasis (cyclosporine ophthalmic emulsion) 0.05%, or Restasis, is the prescription therapy for the treatment of chronic dry eye worldwide. Restasis is approved in 34 countries.
Artificial Tears: The companys artificial tears products, including the Refresh and Refresh Optive brands, treat dry eye symptoms, including irritation and dryness due to pollution, computer use, aging, and other causes. Refresh is the over-the-counter artificial tears brand in the United States and includes a range of preserved and non-preserved drops, as well as ointments to treat dry eye symptoms.
Glaucoma: The company's products for the treatment of glaucoma include Lumigan (bimatoprost ophthalmic solution) 0.03% (Lumigan 0.03%), Lumigan 0.01%, Alphagan (brimonidine tartrate ophthalmic solution) 0.2% (Alphagan), Alphagan P 0.15%, Alphagan P 0.1%, Combigan (brimonidine tartrate/timolol maleate ophthalmic solution) 0.2%/0.5%, or Combigan, and Ganfort (bimatoprost/timolol maleate ophthalmic solution) (Ganfort). Lumigan 0.03% and Lumigan 0.01% are topical treatments indicated for the reduction of elevated intraocular pressure in patients with glaucoma or ocular hypertension. Lumigan 0.01% is an improved reformulation of Lumigan 0.03% for sale in certain countries outside of the United States. The company sells Lumigan 0.01% and Lumigan 0.03% in approximately 75 countries worldwide. Ganfort is sold in approximately 29 countries outside the United States.
The companys ophthalmic solutions include Alphagan, Alphagan P 0.15%, and Alphagan P 0.1%. These products lower intraocular pressure by reducing aqueous humor production and increasing uveoscleral outflow. Alphagan P 0.15% and Alphagan P 0.1% are improved reformulations of Alphagan containing brimonidine, the active ingredient in Alphagan, preserved with Purite. The company markets Alphagan, Alphagan P 0.15% and Alphagan P 0.1% in approximately 70 countries worldwide. In addition to its Alphagan and Lumigan products, the company has developed the ophthalmic solution Combigan, a brimonidine and timolol combination designed to treat glaucoma and ocular hypertension in people who are not responsive to treatment with one medication and are considered appropriate candidates for combination therapy.
Inflammation: The companys ophthalmic anti-inflammatory product is Acular LS (ketorolac ophthalmic solution) 0.4% (Acular LS). Acular LS is a version of Acular that has been reformulated for the reduction of ocular pain, burning, and stinging following corneal refractive surgery. Acular PF is indicated for the reduction of ocular pain and photophobia following incisional refractive surgery.
Infection: The company
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALLERGAN INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALLERGAN INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALLERGAN INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALLERGAN INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALLERGAN INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Allergan Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Allergan Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Allergan Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Allergan Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Allergan Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALLERGAN INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALLERGAN INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALLERGAN INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALLERGAN INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALLERGAN INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALLERGAN INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Allergan Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Allergan Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Allergan Inc. Major Shareholders
Allergan Inc. History
Allergan Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Allergan Inc. Offices and Representations
Allergan Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Allergan Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Allergan Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Allergan Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Allergan Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Allergan Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Allergan Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Allergan Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Allergan Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Allergan Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Allergan Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Allergan Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?