- The report contains detailed information about Alkermes, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Alkermes, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Alkermes, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Alkermes, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Alkermes, Inc. business.
About Alkermes, Inc.
Alkermes, Inc., a biotechnology company, develops and manufactures medicines to improve patients lives. The company's pipeline includes extended-release injectable and oral products for the treatment of prevalent, chronic diseases, such as central nervous system (CNS) disorders, reward disorders, addiction, diabetes, and autoimmune disorders.
Products and Development Programs
RISPERDAL CONSTA is a long-acting formulation of risperidone, a product of Janssen, and is an atypical antipsychotic approved for the treatment of schizophrenia and for the treatment of bipolar I disorder. The medication uses its proprietary MEDISORB injectable extended-release technology to deliver and maintain therapeutic medication levels in the body through one injection every two weeks. RISPERDAL CONSTA is marketed by Janssen Pharmaceutica International (Janssen) and is manufactured by the company. The Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices Agency in Japan approved RISPERDAL CONSTA for the treatment of schizophrenia. RISPERDAL CONSTA is approved for the treatment of schizophrenia in approximately 85 countries and marketed in approximately 60 countries.
The company has developed VIVITROL, an extended-release MEDISORB formulation of naltrexone, as the once-monthly injectable medication for the treatment of alcohol dependence. It has licensed the right to commercialize VIVITROL for the treatment of alcohol dependence and opioid dependence in Russia and other countries in the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) to Cilag GmbH International (Cilag). VIVITROL is approved for the treatment of alcohol dependence in Russia. The company is also developing VIVITROL for the treatment of opioid dependence, a serious and chronic brain disease characterized by compulsive, prolonged self-administration of opioid substances that are not used for a medical purpose. It has completed a phase 3 clinical trial of VIVITROL for the treatment of opioid dependence. The company markets and sells VIVITROL in the U.S.
The company is collaborating with Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Amylin) on the development of a once weekly formulation of exenatide, called BYDUREON, for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. BYDUREON is an injectable formulation of Amylins BYETTA (exenatide) and is being developed with the target of providing patients with a treatment option. BYETTA is an injection administered twice daily. The company intends to initiate a Phase 2 study of a monthly dose suspension formulation of exenatide.
ALKS 33 is an oral opioid modulator that the company is developing for the potential treatment of addiction and other CNS disorders. It has complted two clinical trials of ALKS 33. In November 2009, the company initiated a phase 2 clinical study to assess the safety and efficacy of multiple doses of ALKS 33 in patients with alcohol dependence and to further define the clinical profile of ALKS 33.
The company is developing ALKS 37, an orally active, peripherally-restricted opioid antagonist for the treatment of opioid-induced constipation (OIC). The company has completed a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 1 clinical study designed to assess the safety, tolerability and pharmacokinetics of a single oral administration of 5 ascending doses of ALKS 37, from 1 mg to 100 mg, in 40 healthy volunteers. In April 2010, the company commenced a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, multidose study designed to evaluate the efficacy, safety, and tolerability of ALKS 37 in approximately 60 patients with OIC.
The company intends to develop ALKS 36, which is intended to consist of a co-formulation of an opioid analgesic and ALKS 37, for the treatment of pain without the side effects of constipation.
ALKS 9070 is a once-monthly, injectable, sustained-release version of aripiprazole for the treatment of schizophrenia. ALKS 9070 uses its proprietary LinkeRx product platform. Aripiprazole is commercially available under the name ABILIFY for the treatment of a number of CNS disorders.
ALKS 6931 is a long-acting form of a TNF receptor-FC fusion protein for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and related autoimmune diseases. ALKS 6931 uses the MEDIFUSION technology licensed from Acceleron Pharma, Inc. (Acceleron). ALKS 6931 is commercially available under the name ENBREL.
ALKS 7921, the second candidate from the LinkeRx platform, is a once-monthly, injectable, extended-release version of olanzapine for the treatment of schizophrenia. Olanzapine is commercially available under the trade name ZYPREXA (olanzapine). Alkermes is engineering ALKS 7921 to prevent early, inadvertent release of free olanzapine into systemic circulation, and to provide another valuable option for patients and physicians to manage schizophrenia.
The company and the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) entered into a license agreement granting the company rights to a family of opioid receptor compounds discovered at RPI. These compounds represent an opportunity for the company to develop therapeutics for a range of diseases and medical conditions, including addiction, pain and other CNS disorders.
The company's product, VIVITROL, is sold directly to pharmaceutical wholesalers, specialty pharmacies, and a specialty distributor. Its major customers are McKesson Corporation; AmerisourceBergen Drug Corporation; Cardinal Health; and Caremark L.L.C.
The company's competitors include Forest Laboratories, Inc.; Odyssey Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Duramed Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceuticals Ltd.; and Mallinckrodt, Inc., a subsidiary of Tyco International Ltd.
Alkermes, Inc. was founded in 1987.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALKERMES, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALKERMES, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALKERMES, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALKERMES, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALKERMES, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Alkermes, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Alkermes, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Alkermes, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Alkermes, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Alkermes, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALKERMES, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALKERMES, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALKERMES, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALKERMES, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALKERMES, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALKERMES, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Alkermes, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Alkermes, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Alkermes, Inc. Major Shareholders
Alkermes, Inc. History
Alkermes, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Alkermes, Inc. Offices and Representations
Alkermes, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Alkermes, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Alkermes, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Alkermes, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Alkermes, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Alkermes, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Alkermes, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Alkermes, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Alkermes, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Alkermes, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Alkermes, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Alkermes, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?