- The report contains detailed information about Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, engages in the discovery, development, and commercialization of biologic therapeutic products treating patients with severe and life-threatening disease states, including hematologic, kidney and neurologic diseases, transplant rejection, cancer, and autoimmune disorders.
Products and Development Programs
The company focuses its product development programs on anti-inflammatory therapeutics for diseases for which treatments are either non-existent or inadequate.
The companys marketed product Soliris (eculizumab) is the therapy approved for the treatment of patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH). Soliris is designed to inhibit a specific aspect of the complement component of the immune system and thereby treat inflammation associated with chronic hematologic, kidney and neurological disorders, transplant rejection, and autoimmune disorders. Eculizumab is an antibody known as a C5 complement inhibitor, or a C5 Inhibitor, which is designed to selectively block the production of inflammation-causing proteins of the complement cascade. Soliris was granted marketing approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and by the European Commission (E.C.), and has received approval in other countries worldwide. Additionally, Soliris was granted orphan drug designation for the treatment of PNH in the United States, Europe, Japan and several other territories.
Other Eculizumab Development Programs
Myasthenia Gravis (MG)
Myasthenia gravis (MG) is a rare autoimmune syndrome characterized by autoantibodies attacking a specific target in the nerve-muscle junctions leading to failure of neuromuscular transmission. In 2007, the company filed an Investigational New Drug (IND) with the FDA to initiate clinical development and received authorization from the FDA in 2008.
Multifocal Motor Neuropathy (MMN)
Multifocal motor neuropathy, or MMN, is a rare autoimmune disorder in which autoantibodies attack the nerve-muscle junctions. Patients with MMN demonstrate a slow progressive asymmetrical weakness of limbs without sensory loss.
Neuromyelitis Optica (NMO)
Neuromyelitis optica (NMO) is a rare autoimmune disease of the central nervous system (CNS) that affects the optic nerves and spinal cord. Individuals with NMO develop optic neuritis, which causes pain in the eye and vision loss, and transverse myelitis, which causes weakness, numbness, and sometimes paralysis of the arms and legs, along with sensory disturbances and loss of bladder and bowel control.
Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD)
Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) is a rare autoimmune hemolytic anaemia characterized by activation of the complement cascade and sticking together (agglutination) of red blood cells. The company is considering clinical development of eculizumab for the treatment of patients with cold agglutinin disease.
Age Related Macular Degeneration (Dry Form) (AMD)
Age-related macular degeneration is a chronic eye disease marked by deterioration of tissue in the part of the eye responsible for central vision.
Catastrophic Antiphospholipid Syndrome (CAPS)
Antiphospholipid syndrome, or APS, is an autoimmune condition characterized by blood vessel clotting in the presence of antibodies that target specific proteins (antiphospholipid, or aPL).
Oncology Program: Samalizumab (Anti-CD200 Antibody)
The FDA authorized the companys IND to evaluate the activity of samalizumab, an antibody to the immune regulator CD200, in patients with chronic lymphocytic leukemia, or CLL. Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) is a type of cancer of the blood and bone marrow.
The company has product supply agreement with Lonza Sales AG, or Lonza, for the manufacture of eculizumab.
Sales and Marketing
The company has established a commercial organization to support sales of Soliris in the United States, in the major markets in Europe, Latin America, Japan, and the Asia Pacific region.
In the United States, the companys customers are primarily specialty distributors and specialty pharmacies who supply physician office clinics, hospital outpatient clinics, infusion clinics or home health care providers. In some cases, it also sells Soliris to government agencies. Outside the United States, the companys customers are primarily hospitals, hospital buying groups, pharmacies, other health care providers and distributors. Its major customer is Amerisource Bergen.
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1992.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ALEXION PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?