- The report contains detailed information about Affymetrix Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Affymetrix Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Affymetrix Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Affymetrix Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Affymetrix Inc. business.
About Affymetrix Inc.
Affymetrix, Inc. engages in the development, manufacture, and sale of products and services for genetic analysis to the life science research and clinical healthcare markets. The company sells its products to pharmaceutical, diagnostic, and biotechnology companies, as well as academic, government, and not-for profit research institutions.
The company offers a line of products for two principal applications: genotyping and gene expression. The company's GeneChip and GeneTitan families of products are whole systems that include instruments, consumables, and software. The GeneChip instruments run arrays packaged in cartridges and GeneTitan instrument runs arrays packaged in a peg format for automated high throughput processing.
Through its acquisition of USB, the company offers a range of reagent kits that are compatible with its platforms, as well as the products of other vendors. Through the acquisition of Panomics, the company offers various low-to mid-plex assays for gene expression.
GeneChip Family of Products
The company's GeneChip system provides an integrated solution for gene expression and genotyping analysis. It consists of instruments and consumables that provide for the robust preparation and analysis of samples using GeneChip cartridge arrays. The components of the GeneChip system include: disposable probe arrays containing genetic information on a chip; reagents for extracting, amplifying, and labeling target nucleic acids; a fluidics station for introducing the test sample to the probe arrays; a hybridization oven for optimizing the binding of samples to the probe arrays; a scanner to read the fluorescent image from the probe arrays; and software to analyze and manage the resulting genetic information.
The company's GeneChip instrument products include:
GeneChip Scanner 3000: Instrument for scanning higher-density arrays, including SNP arrays with up to 900,000 SNPs, tiling arrays for transcription and all-exon arrays for whole-genome analysis.
GeneChip Scanner 3000Dx: This instrument is a version of the GeneChip Scanner 3000 that is cleared by the United States Food and Drug Administration as an in vitro diagnostic device (IVD) for use and can be used in conjunction with the Roche Diagnostics AmpliChip CYP450 Test.
GeneChip Fluidics Station: Instrument for the wash and stain of GeneChip® arrays.
GeneChip Hybridization Oven: This instrument provides temperature and rotation control to ensure the successful hybridization of cartridge arrays before scanning.
The company's GeneChip array and reagent products include:
Genotyping Catalog Cartridge Arrays
SNP 6.0 Array: This single chip array is a robust tool for studying variation. It enables genotyping of approximately 906,600 SNPs and assaying of approximately 945,800 non-polymorphic probes for detection of copy number.
500K Set: The 500K Set genotypes approximately 500,000 SNPs on a two array set.
DMET Plus: This array features drug markers in FDA-validated genes and enables discovery and measurement of genetic variation associated with drug response.
Universal Taq Arrays: These arrays enable targeted genotyping for the analysis of between 1,500 to 20,000 SNPs per sample.
Gene Expression Catalog Cartridge Arrays
U133: This array analyzes the expression level of approximately 47,000 transcripts and variants of the human genome.
Other Arrays: The company also offers a range of catalog expression arrays for the study of rat, mouse, and other mammalian and model organisms.
MyGeneChip and CustomSeq products are custom expression and sequence arrays designed by the company's customers to study organisms of interests to them.
GeneTitan Family of Products
The company's GeneTitan family of products consists of the GeneTitan instrument system that runs genotyping and gene expression array plates. The GeneTitan family of products provides a hands-free, automated solution for monitoring gene expression, and genome-wide SNP genotyping.
GeneTitan: The GeneTitan instrument automates array processing from target hybridization to data generation by combining a hybridization oven, flui
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. AFFYMETRIX INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. AFFYMETRIX INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. AFFYMETRIX INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. AFFYMETRIX INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. AFFYMETRIX INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Affymetrix Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Affymetrix Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Affymetrix Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Affymetrix Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Affymetrix Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. AFFYMETRIX INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. AFFYMETRIX INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. AFFYMETRIX INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. AFFYMETRIX INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. AFFYMETRIX INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. AFFYMETRIX INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Affymetrix Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Affymetrix Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Affymetrix Inc. Major Shareholders
Affymetrix Inc. History
Affymetrix Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Affymetrix Inc. Offices and Representations
Affymetrix Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Affymetrix Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Affymetrix Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Affymetrix Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Affymetrix Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Affymetrix Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Affymetrix Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Affymetrix Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Affymetrix Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Affymetrix Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Affymetrix Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Affymetrix Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?