- The report contains detailed information about Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. business.
About Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc., a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company, engages in the identification, development, and commercialization of therapies that improve neurological function in people with multiple sclerosis (MS), spinal cord injury (SCI), and other disorders of the nervous system.
The company completed clinical development for Ampyra (dalfampridine) Extended Release Tablets (Ampyra), approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in January 2010 as a treatment to improve walking in patients with MS. The companys Zanaflex Capsules is approved by the FDA as a short-acting drug for the management of spasticity.
Ampyra: Ampyra is an oral treatment approved by the FDA on January 22, 2010 as a treatment to improve walking in patients with MS. This was demonstrated by an increase in walking speed. Ampyra can be used alone or with existing MS therapies, including immunomodulator drugs. Ampyra is an extended release tablet formulation of dalfampridine (4-aminopyridine, 4-AP). The company has obtained Orphan Drug designation from the FDA for dalfampridine in MS, which would provide Ampyra with seven years of market exclusivity for this use.
Zanaflex Products: Zanaflex Capsules and Zanaflex tablets contain tizanidine, one of the two active ingredients used for the management of spasticity. Tizanidine is approved by the FDA as a short-acting drug for the management of spasticity. Zanaflex Capsules were approved by the FDA in 2002.
Biogen Idec: The company, in June 2009, entered into a collaboration and license agreement with Biogen Idec International GmbH (Biogen Idec) to develop and commercialize Ampyra in markets outside the U.S. In January 2010, Biogen Idec announced that it submitted a centralized Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) to the European Medicines Agency (EMA) and a New Drug Submission (NDS) to Health Canada for Ampyra, known outside the U.S. as fampridine.
Elan Corporation plc: Elan granted the company exclusive worldwide rights to Ampyra for all indications, including SCI, MS and all other indications.
Canadian Spinal Research Organization: In August 2003, the company entered into an Amended and Restated License Agreement with the Canadian Spinal Research Organization (CSRO). Under this agreement, the company granted a license under certain patent assets and know-how of CSRO relating to the use of dalfampridine in the reduction of chronic pain and spasticity in a spinal cord injured subject.
Cornell Research Foundation, Inc.: In 2003, the company entered into a license agreement with Cornell Research Foundation, Inc., or Cornell, pursuant to which the company was granted a license under a patent for the use of dalfampridine in the treatment of anterior horn cell diseases.
Cambridge University Technical Services Limited and King's College London: In December 2003, the company entered into a license agreement with Cambridge University Technical Services Limited and King's College London, pursuant to which the company was granted a worldwide license, including the right to sublicense, under a U.S. patent application and its foreign counterpart to develop and commercialize products related to enzymatic methods, including chondroitinase, of treating CNS disorders.
Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research: In September 2000, the company entered into a license agreement with Mayo Foundation for Education and Research, or Mayo Clinic, pursuant to which it was granted a worldwide license to its patents and other intellectual property on selected antibodies.
CeNeS Pharmaceuticals plc: In November 2002, the company entered into two license agreements with CeNeS Pharmaceuticals plc, or CeNeS. In 2008, CeNeS was acquired by Paion AG.
As of December 31, 2009, the companys major customers were Cardinal Health, McKesson Corporation and AmerisourceBergen Corporation.
MS: The companys products compete with Avonex from Biogen-IDEC, Betaseron from Schering AG, Copaxone from Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd., Rebif from Merck Serono, and Tysabri from Biogen-IDEC and Elan.
Spasticity: The companys products compete with Tizanidine, the active pharmaceutical ingredient in Zanaflex Capsules, Zanaflex tablets and generic tizanidine tablets. Baclofen, which is also available generically, is another competing drug for the treatment of spasticity.
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. was founded in 1995.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ACORDA THERAPEUTICS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ACORDA THERAPEUTICS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ACORDA THERAPEUTICS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ACORDA THERAPEUTICS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ACORDA THERAPEUTICS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ACORDA THERAPEUTICS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ACORDA THERAPEUTICS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ACORDA THERAPEUTICS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. UNITED STATES PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ACORDA THERAPEUTICS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ACORDA THERAPEUTICS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ACORDA THERAPEUTICS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Major Shareholders
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. History
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Offices and Representations
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Acorda Therapeutics, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?