Accelrys Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about Accelrys Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Accelrys Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Accelrys Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Accelrys Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Accelrys Inc. business.
About Accelrys Inc.
Accelrys, Inc. engages in the development and commercialize of scientific business intelligence software and solutions that enable its customers to accelerate the discovery and development of drugs and materials.
Products and Services
Scientific Operating Platform: In research and development industries, such as the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, energy, aerospace and the consumer packaged goods industry, managing the explosion of scientific data has become a top priority for product line and information technology executives. The companys scientific operating platform forms the basis of its scientific business intelligence and innovation offerings. The company develops component collections which operate with its scientific operating platform to offer its customers scientific functions, such as image, text and chemical analysis.
Computer Aided Design Modeling and Simulation Software: The company provides computer aided design modeling and simulation software. This software aids its customers in the discovery, development, and enhancement of drugs and materials.
The company has a range of software products based on proprietary and licensed technologies that employ fundamental scientific principles, computer visualization, molecular modeling techniques and computational chemistry. These products allow scientists to perform computations of chemical, biological and materials properties, to simulate, visualize and analyze chemical and biological systems, and to communicate the results to other scientists. Its computer aided design modeling and simulation products are used by scientists in the life science industry, primarily by pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. The companys other computer aided design modeling and simulation products are used by scientists in materials sciences industries, such as energy, chemical, aerospace and consumer packaged goods companies.
The companys computer aided design modeling and simulation offerings for the materials sciences industries are intended to assist its materials sciences customers in the discovery of new materials or the enhancement of existing materials. Majority of its offerings for the materials sciences industries are available on its Materials Studio modeling and simulation platform which enables customers to apply modeling and simulation capabilities to systems, and can be accessed from its scientific operating platform.
Cheminformatics Software: The company provides software based solutions designed to capture, store, manage, and mine chemical information. Its cheminformatics software is based on standard database architectures, such as Oracle and Microsoft Access. It provides data visualization and analysis software components based on a services oriented architecture enabling users to search, retrieve, and use chemical structures, biological and chemical data, experimental data, and registration information. The company also uses this component technology, combined with its scientific operating platform and its database architectures to build enterprise-wide systems for its clients.
The companys solutions consulting team delivers integrated scientific solutions and improves the value of its software products by creating extensions to functionality to address a clients specific business needs. Its scientific operating platform is highlighted as one of the primary technologies used in these solutions. The group delivers a range of solutions, from software wrappers that allow customers to run their own algorithms on its scientific operating platform to enterprise-wide informatics systems that integrate customers internal systems with software from vendors, including Accelrys. The company focuses on deploying systems for use by customers in scientific domains, from early research through product manufacturing.
The companys contract research services team provides solutions to clients proprietary business-critical scientific problems. It works on a project by project basis, or provides longer term resources that are located at client sites for approximately one year. The company offers onsite training and implementation services, web-based training, and data migration services.
The companys customers include pharmaceutical, biotechnology and other life science companies, as well as companies that are in the energy, chemicals, aerospace, and consumer packaged goods markets. Its software and service solutions are used by customers scientists, biologists, chemists, and information technology professionals in order to aggregate, mine, integrate, analyze, simulate, manage and interactively report scientific data.
The competition for the companys scientific informatics platform includes its customers own proprietary software, open source software, such as Knime, and workflow and data-pipeline applications of smaller commercial software vendors, such as Inforsense Ltd.
Competition comes from open source software, its customers internal tools, as well as the commercial software vendors, such as other software packages for analysis of chemical and biological data (Symyx Technologies and IDBS); desktop software applications (CambridgeSoft and Tripos), including chemical drawing applications (CambridgeSoft and Symyx Technologies), molecular modeling and analytical data simulation applications (Chemical Computing Group, OpenEye, Schrodinger, and Tripos); and firms supplying databases, such as chemical or genomic information databases (Symyx Technologies), and database management systems and information technology (Symyx Technologies and IDBS). The companys limited competition from commercial software vendors comes from smaller competitors, such as Gaussian Inc., Atomistix, and Scienomics.
Accelrys, Inc. was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ACCELRYS INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ACCELRYS INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ACCELRYS INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ACCELRYS INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ACCELRYS INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Accelrys Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Accelrys Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Accelrys Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Accelrys Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Accelrys Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ACCELRYS INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ACCELRYS INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ACCELRYS INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ACCELRYS INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ACCELRYS INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ACCELRYS INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
Accelrys Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Accelrys Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Accelrys Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Accelrys Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Accelrys Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Accelrys Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Accelrys Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Accelrys Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Accelrys Inc. Major Shareholders
Accelrys Inc. History
Accelrys Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Accelrys Inc. Offices and Representations
Accelrys Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Accelrys Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Accelrys Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Accelrys Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
Accelrys Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Accelrys Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?