ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Fundamental Company Report Including Financial, SWOT, Competitors and Industry Analysis
- The report contains detailed information about ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. business.
About ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of small molecule drugs for the treatment of central nervous system disorders.
Pimavanserin is a small molecule product candidate that the company discovered and, in collaboration with Biovail, is in the process of developing for neurological and psychiatric indications in the United States and Canada. Pimavanserin is a new chemical entity that can be taken orally as a tablet once-a-day. Pimavanserin selectively blocks the activity of the 5-HT2A receptor, a drug target that plays a role in the treatment of various neuropsychiatric disorders.
Pimavanserin as a Treatment for Parkinsons Disease Psychosis: The company is in Phase III development with pimavanserin as a treatment for Parkinsons disease psychosis. Pimavanserin treats the psychosis in patients with Parkinsons disease without impairing motor function.
Pimavanserin as an Adjunctive Therapy for Schizophrenia: The companys collaborative partner, Biovail, has initiated a Phase III development program with pimavanserin as an adjunctive therapy for schizophrenia.
Pimavanserin as a Treatment for Alzheimers Disease Psychosis: The company is in Phase II development with pimavanserin as a treatment for Alzheimers disease psychosis.
In collaboration with Allergan, the company has discovered and is in the process of developing a class of small molecule product candidates for the treatment of chronic pain. Allergan has conducted several Phase II trials in this program.
The company has discovered and, in collaboration with Allergan, is in the process of developing AC-262271, a small molecule product candidate for the treatment of glaucoma. Using its proprietary drug discovery platform, the company identified a subtype of the muscarinic receptors that controls intraocular pressure and discovered lead compounds that selectively activate this target.
The company has discovered and, in collaboration with Meiji Seika, is in the process of developing AM-831, a small molecule product candidate for the treatment of schizophrenia and related disorders. These compounds combine muscarinic m1 agonism with actions on both dopamine and serotonin receptors. The company intends to co-develop AM-831 in collaboration with Meiji Seika through completion of proof-of-concept clinical studies.
Other Product Candidates
The company has used its proprietary drug discovery platform to discover additional product candidates. This includes its ER-beta program where the company has discovered compounds that may possess anti-inflammatory and neuroprotective properties and may have the ability to slow down the progression of Parkinsons disease.
The company is in the process of developing a portfolio consisting of four product candidates including, pimavanserin, for three separate neurological and psychiatric indications in collaboration with Biovail Laboratories International SRL (Biovail), a subsidiary of Biovail Corp. In addition to pimavanserin programs, the company has a product candidate in Phase II development for chronic pain and a product candidate in Phase I development for glaucoma, both in collaboration with Allergan, Inc. (Allergan), and a program in IND-track development in collaboration with Meiji Seika Kaisha, Ltd. (Meiji Seika).
In October 2010, ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc. announced that it has entered into an agreement with Biovail Laboratories International SRL, pursuant to which ACADIA and BLS have agreed to conclude their previously established collaboration to develop and commercialize pimavanserin in the United States and Canada.
The companys product for the treatment of Parkinsons disease psychosis would compete with off-label use of antipsychotic drugs, including Seroquel, marketed by Astra-Zeneca, and clozapine, a generic drug.
The companys products for the treatment of schizophrenia would compete with Zyprexa, marketed by Eli Lilly; Risperdal, marketed by Johnson & Johnson; Abilify, marketed jointly by Bristol-Myers Squibb and Otsuka Pharmaceutical; Seroquel; and clozapine.
The companys products for the treatment of chronic pain would compete with Neurontin and Lyrica, each marketed by Pfizer; and Cymbalta, marketed by Eli Lilly.
The companys products for the treatment of glaucoma would compete with Xalatan, marketed by Pfizer, and Lumigan and Alphagan, marketed by Allergan.
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc. was founded in 1993.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. ACADIA PHARMACEUTICALS, INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF FIGURES
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Major Shareholders
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. History
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Offices and Representations
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry Statistics
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
SWOT, which stands for Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats, is an analytical framework that identifies the internal and external factors that are favorable and unfavorable for a company.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?