This edition presents the views and insights from three world leading key opinion leaders (KOLs) from North America and Europe on a variety of recent events in the type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) market, including; the European Commission’s approval of Novo Nordisk’s Ozempic (semaglutide), a once-weekly GLP-1 receptor agonist, for T2DM; The US FDA approval of Merck & Co’s Steglatro (ertugliflozin), an oral SGLT2 inhibitor, and the fixed-dose combination Steglujan (ertugliflozin) and DPP-4 inhibitor (sitagliptin) for T2DM; and Sanofi announcing its long-acting insulin glargine therapy Toujeo, is on par with Novo Nordisk's Tresiba (insulin degludec) in the head-to-head BRIGHT study in patients with T2DM.
- On current evidence, will Ozempic’s incremental efficacy benefits over Trulicity be enough to significantly change treatment practices within the GLP-1 receptor agonist class?
- How important will CVOT data be, which will be reading out for Trulicity and Ozempic in the near future?
- What evidence will GLP-1 receptor agonists need to show to continue to move up the T2DM treatment pathway?
- Are Steglatro and Steglujan sufficiently differentiated from their marketed competitors and where will they fit in the treatment pathway?
- How concerned are KOLs over the potential for serious side-effects with Steglatro and Steglujan?
- What evidence will be required to increase utilisation of the SGLT2 inhibitors?
- What are the key barriers to use of the SGLT2 inhibitor/DPP-4 inhibitor fixed-dose combinations?
- According to the KOLs, what factors are most important to the success of the Steglatro and Steglujan franchise?
- Is the BRIGHT study likely to alter long-acting insulin prescribing behaviour?
- What factors are likely to impact the decision to use Toujeo?
- Are biosimilars a threat to Toujeo and Tresiba?
Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Update Bulletin [Jan 2016] US$ 995.00 Jan, 2016
Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Update Bulletin [April 2016] US$ 995.00 Apr, 2016
Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Update Bulletin #1 US$ 1,095.00 Dec, 2017
Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus : Bulletin #3 US$ 1,045.00 Jul, 2017
Global Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus Therapeutics Market Size, Status and Forecast 2022 US$ 3,300.00 Apr, 2017 · 105 pages