- The report contains detailed information about Western Financial Group Inc. that gives an unrivalled in-depth knowledge about internal business-environment of the company: data about the owners, senior executives, locations, subsidiaries, markets, products, and company history.
- Another part of the report is a SWOT-analysis carried out for Western Financial Group Inc.. It involves specifying the objective of the company's business and identifies the different factors that are favorable and unfavorable to achieving that objective. SWOT-analysis helps to understand company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and possible threats against it.
- The Western Financial Group Inc. financial analysis covers the income statement and ratio trend-charts with balance sheets and cash flows presented on an annual and quarterly basis. The report outlines the main financial ratios pertaining to profitability, margin analysis, asset turnover, credit ratios, and company’s long-term solvency. This sort of company's information will assist and strengthen your company’s decision-making processes.
- In the part that describes Western Financial Group Inc. competitors and the industry in whole, the information about company's financial ratios is compared to those of its competitors and to the industry. The unique analysis of the market and company’s competitors along with detailed information about the internal and external factors affecting the relevant industry will help to manage your business environment. Your company’s business and sales activities will be boosted by gaining an insight into your competitors’ businesses.
- Also the report provides relevant news, an analysis of PR-activity, and stock price movements. The latter are correlated with pertinent news and press releases, and annual and quarterly forecasts are given by a variety of experts and market research firms. Such information creates your awareness about principal trends of Western Financial Group Inc. business.
About Western Financial Group Inc.
Western Financial Group Inc. (the company) is a western-based financial services networks in Western Canada. The Company provides insurance, investments and agency banking services to more than 150,000 customers in more than 40 towns and small cities throughout British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan through its WFG Agency Network, Bank West and The Western Mutual Fund Company.
WFG Agency Network is a western-based insurance brokerage network in Western Canada. The network has 53 offices in towns and small cities across British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan, and serves a customer base of more than 150,000 people. Services provided by the Network include:
Products and Services
Insurance: The Company offers insurance to individuals and families; farms and other agricultural operations; businesses, large and small, in all industries; and municipalities and other government agencies. The Companys insurance products include personal and commercial insurance; vehicle, property, business and special risks; casualty, life insurance and group benefits; and surety and bonding.
Investments: The Company invests in mutual funds, RESPs, RRSPs, stocks and bonds and financial planning. RESPs is an educated choice for a bright future. RRSP offers retirement security. The Companys investment advisors can provide customers with the comprehensive and dependable strategies they need to ensure their financial goals are achieved.
The Companys complete range of wealth management, estate planning and retirement planning services are designed to help customers to build financial security.
The Western Mutual Fund Company
In the second half of 2003, Western Financial Group began setting up The Western Mutual Fund Company. The purpose of The Western Mutual Fund Company is to internalize Western Financial Groups mutual fund business, which until now has been conducted through other mutual fund dealers, as well as being an important step in Western Financial Groups evolution as a financial services provider. The Mutual Fund Company will provide heartland customers a more complete line of financial services from a single source.
Jennings Capital Inc.
Western Financial Group made an initial strategic investment in Jennings Capital Inc. in August 2002. In 2003, Western Financial Group has acquired additional common shares and now holds a 33.9% interest in Jennings Capital.
Jennings Capital Inc. is a full-service, fully integrated, independent, Canadian-owned investment dealer based in Western Canada. It offers a number of fairness opinions, valuations, consulting assignments and asset dispositions. In addition, Jennings is building a reputation for quality research and institutional trading.
Agency Banking: The Company offers term deposits, GICs, RRSPs and mortgages.
The Company offers:
CARE CARE is an acronym for Comprehensive Account Review & Evaluation. Intended for WFG Network Agency personal insurance customers, CARE involves an annual review of each policy to determine discounts for which the customer may be eligible, additional or new coverage the customer many wish to consider and appropriate premium costs.
CASE CASE (Commercial Account Service & Evaluation) is a program which provides commercial accounts with the following levels of service, such as Basic Account Service Plan, Enhanced Account Service Plan, Complex Account Service Plan.
Bank West is a chartered bank incorporated in 2002 and commenced operations in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan on January 30, 2003. Throughout 2003, WFG Agency Network was successful in referring mortgage and loan customers to Bank West, helping the bank establish a strong customer base.
The above Company Fundamental Report is a half-ready report and contents are subject to change.
It means that we have all necessary data in our database to prepare the report but need 2-3 days to complete it. During this time we are also updating the report with respect to the current moment. So, you can get all the most recent data available for the same price. Please note that preparation of additional types of analyses requires extra time.
1. WESTERN FINANCIAL GROUP INC. COMPANY PROFILE
1.1. Key facts
1.2. Financial Performance
1.3. Key Executives
1.4. Ownership and Major Holders
1.5. Company History
2. WESTERN FINANCIAL GROUP INC. BUSINESS OVERVIEW
2.1. Business Description
2.2. Major Products and Services
2.3. Markets and Sales Activities
2.4. Locations, Subsidiaries, Operating Units
3. WESTERN FINANCIAL GROUP INC. SWOT ANALYSIS
4. WESTERN FINANCIAL GROUP INC. FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
4.1. Financial Statements
4.1.1. Income Statement
4.1.2. Balance Sheet
4.1.3. Cash Flow
4.2. Financial Ratios
4.2.2. Margin Analysis
4.2.3. Asset Turnover
4.2.4. Credit Ratios
4.2.5. Long-Term Solvency
4.2.6. Growth Over Prior Year
4.2.7. Financial Ratios Charts
4.3. Stock Market Snapshot
5. WESTERN FINANCIAL GROUP INC. COMPETITORS AND INDUSTRY ANALYSIS
5.1. Western Financial Group Inc. Direct Competitors
5.2. Comparison of Western Financial Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Financial Ratios
5.3. Comparison of Western Financial Group Inc. and Direct Competitors Stock Charts
5.4. Western Financial Group Inc. Industry Analysis
5.4.1. Insurance Industry Snapshot
5.4.2. Western Financial Group Inc. Industry Position Analysis
6. WESTERN FINANCIAL GROUP INC. NEWS & EVENTS
6.1. News & PR Activity Analysis
6.2. IR Corporate News
6.3. Marketing News
6.4. Corporate Events
7. WESTERN FINANCIAL GROUP INC. EXPERTS REVIEW1
7.1. Experts Opinion
7.2. Experts Estimates
8. WESTERN FINANCIAL GROUP INC. ENHANCED SWOT ANALYSIS2
9. CANADA PESTEL ANALYSIS2
9.1. Political Factors
9.2. Economic Factors
9.3. Social Factors
9.4. Technological Factors
9.5. Environmental Factors
9.6. Legal Factors
10. WESTERN FINANCIAL GROUP INC. IFE, EFE, IE MATRICES2
10.1. Internal Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.2. External Factor Evaluation Matrix
10.3. Internal External Matrix
11. WESTERN FINANCIAL GROUP INC. PORTER FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS2
12. WESTERN FINANCIAL GROUP INC. VRIO ANALYSIS2
APPENDIX: RATIO DEFINITIONS
LIST OF TABLES
Western Financial Group Inc. Key Facts
Income Statement Key Figures
Balance Sheet Key Figures
Cash Flow Statement Key Figures
Financial Performance Abbreviation Guide
Western Financial Group Inc. Key Executives
Key Executives Biographies1
Key Executives Compensations1
Western Financial Group Inc. Major Shareholders
Western Financial Group Inc. History
Western Financial Group Inc. Products
Revenues by Segment
Revenues by Region
Western Financial Group Inc. Offices and Representations
Western Financial Group Inc. SWOT Analysis
Yearly Income Statement Including Trends
Income Statement Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Balance Sheet Including Trends
Balance Sheet Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Yearly Cash Flow Including Trends
Cash Flow Latest 4 Quarters Including Trends
Western Financial Group Inc. Profitability Ratios
Margin Analysis Ratios
Asset Turnover Ratios
Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Financial Ratios Growth Over Prior Year
Western Financial Group Inc. Capital Market Snapshot
Western Financial Group Inc. Direct Competitors Key Facts
Direct Competitors Profitability Ratios
Direct Competitors Margin Analysis Ratios
Direct Competitors Asset Turnover Ratios
Direct Competitors Credit Ratios
Direct Competitors Long-Term Solvency Ratios
Insurance Industry Statistics
Western Financial Group Inc. Industry Position
Company vs. Industry Income Statement Analysis
Company vs. Industry Balance Sheet Analysis
Company vs. Industry Cash Flow Analysis
Company vs. Industry Ratios Comparison
Western Financial Group Inc. Consensus Recommendations1
Analyst Recommendation Summary1
Price Target Summary1
Experts Recommendation Trends1
Revenue Estimates Analysis1
Earnings Estimates Analysis1
Revenue Estimates Trend1
Earnings Estimates Trend1
LIST OF FIGURES
Western Financial Group Inc. Annual Revenues in Comparison with Cost of Goods Sold and Gross Profit
Profit Margin Chart
Operating Margin Chart
Return on Equity (ROE) Chart
Return on Assets (ROA) Chart
Debt to Equity Chart
Current Ratio Chart
Western Financial Group Inc. 1-year Stock Charts
Western Financial Group Inc. 5-year Stock Charts
Western Financial Group Inc. vs. Main Indexes 1-year Stock Chart
Western Financial Group Inc. vs. Direct Competitors 1-year Stock Charts
Western Financial Group Inc. Article Density Chart
1 – Data availability depends on company’s security policy.
2 – These sections are available only when you purchase a report with appropriate additional types of analyses.
The complete financial data is available for publicly traded companies.
Enhanced SWOT Analysis
Enhanced SWOT is a 3×3 grid that arranges strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats into one scheme:
- How to use the strengths to take advantage of the opportunities?
- How to use the strengths to reduce likelihood and impact of the threats?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that obstruct taking advantage of the opportunities?
- How to overcome the weaknesses that can make the threats a reality?
Upon answering these questions a company can develop a project plan to improve its business performance.
PESTEL (also termed as PESTLE) is an ideal tool to strategically analyze what influence different outside factors – political, economic, sociocultural, technological, environmental and legal – exert on a business to later chart its long term targets.
Being part of the external analysis when carrying out a strategic assessment or performing a market study, PESTEL gives an overview of diverse macro-environmental factors that any company should thoughtfully consider. By perceiving these outside environments, businesses can maximally benefit from the opportunities while minimizing the threats to the organization.
Key Factors Examined by PESTEL Analysis:
- Political – What opportunities and pressures are brought by political bodies and what is the degree of public regulations’ impact on the business?
- Economic – What economic policies, trends and structures are expected to affect the organization, what is this influence’s degree?
- Sociological – What cultural and societal aspects will work upon the demand for the business’s products and operations?
- Technological – What impact do the technological aspects, innovations, incentives and barriers have on the organization?
- Environmental – What environmental and ecological facets, both locally and farther afield, are likely to predetermine the business?
- Legal – What laws and legislation will exert influence on the style the business is carried out?
IFE, EFE, IE Matrices
The Internal Factor Evaluation matrix (IFE matrix) is a strategic management tool helping audit or evaluate major weaknesses and strengths in a business’s functional areas. In addition, IFE matrix serves as a basis for identifying and assessing relationships amongst those areas. The IFE matrix is utilised in strategy formulation.
The External Factor Evaluation matrix (EFE matrix) is a tool of strategic management that is typically utilised to assess current market conditions. It is an ideal instrument for visualising and prioritising the threats and opportunities a firm is facing.
The essential difference between the above mentioned matrices lies in the type of factors incorporated in the model; whilst the latter is engaged in internal factors, the former deals exceptionally with external factors – those exposed to social, political, economic, legal, etc. external forces.
Being a continuation of the EFE matrix and IFE matrix models, the Internal External matrix (IE matrix) rests upon an investigation of external and internal business factors integrated into one suggestive model.
Porter Five Forces Analysis
The Porter’s five forces analysis studies the industry of operation and helps the company find new sources of competitive advantage. The analysis surveys an industry through five major questions:
- What composes a threat of substitute products and services?
- Is there a threat of new competitors entering the market?
- What is the intensity of competitive rivalry?
- How big is the bargaining power of buyers?
- How significant is the bargaining power of suppliers?
VRIO stands for Value, Rarity, Imitability, Organization. This analysis helps to evaluate all company’s resources and capabilities and bring them together into one aggregate table that includes:
- Tangible resources
- Intangible resources
- Innovation and Creativity
- Organizational capabilities
The result of the analysis gives a clear picture of company’s competitive and economic implications, answering the questions if the resources mentioned above are:
- Costly to imitate?
- Organized properly?